Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of
Talking Try this one...

If your goal is not the center of the X, then you have already set yourself up to lose..
Old 02-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
If your goal is not the center of the X, then you have already set yourself up to lose..
Aim hard and jerk fast HUH! No expectations HUH? Sounds like good advise for sure.
DB
Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Aim hard and jerk fast HUH! No expectations HUH? Sounds like good advise for sure.
DB

There is nothing wrong with having expectations Dan; the problem begins when they exceed your current ability.. but your goal should always be the center...
Old 02-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

and

"..eye!, eye!...always look eye!!"

General Archery Forum

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
JAVI

I would suspect that if you miss the center more often than you hit it, then your methodology and/or your focus is amiss..

However, that shouldn't alter the ultimate goal of each shot, although one should consider realistic expectations when setting result goals.. I tend to believe that results are no more than a gage of your training needs.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
kebees4

kebees4 is on a distinguished road

That is the advise I give my boy's. They can hit a golf tee but shoot around 280 with only 10- 12 X's.
http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm
kebees4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
keb73

keb73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
and

"..eye!, eye!...always look eye!!"

General Archery Forum
Oh classic!!
keb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
Hutnicks

Hutnicks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Or put another way. Every shot begins as a perfect X, only YOU can introduce the elements that make it otherwise.:wink:
Hutnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:11 AM   #9
sweet old bill

sweet old bill is on a distinguished road

10% bow set up , 20 physical ability and 70% mental ability

as they say in Zen become the arrow, see the gold, see the arrow hit the gold or center of the bull...

when you can have that focus you are a winner...now for me I sure never get there but I try..hell at 68 I am glad to know were to nock the arrow.

Bill
sweet old bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
JAVI

I’ve enjoyed the varied comments to my statement and want you to ask yourself….
Are you content to hit the white or yellow, or is your target more defined and you shoot for the Vegas 10 or the X ring on a 5-spot… Have you reached that point where you expect to hit the baby X or the cross of the 5-spot X and become peeved with yourself when you miss it…. Or have you reached the point where you turn that peeved feeling inward and use it to focus even more on the target…
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
Hutnicks

Hutnicks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I’ve enjoyed the varied comments to my statement and want you to ask yourself….
Are you content to hit the white or yellow, or is your target more defined and you shoot for the Vegas 10 or the X ring on a 5-spot… Have you reached that point where you expect to hit the baby X or the cross of the 5-spot X and become peeved with yourself when you miss it…. Or have you reached the point where you turn that peeved feeling inward and use it to focus even more on the target…
This is rather giving me a rifle shooting flashback. Instructors always told you to zero to the 6 O'Clock, the keeners always went of in a corner and hububed together, zeroes dead centre and swept the floor with everybody else. Keeping completely stumm about their zero point.

I always believe that absolute dead centre of any target is the point of focus no matter what your skill level may be at. It provides a vastly superior metric from which to diagnose any issues.

Then again as eyes get older, dead centre sometimes goes a wanderin a bit.
Hutnicks is offline   Reply With Quote