Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Canada Dietmiar Trillus Vegas Champion

Trillus is Vegas Champion.

Was he shooting a wrist strap release?
DB
Old 02-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Trillus is Vegas Champion.

Was he shooting a wrist strap release?
DB
Unless he changed something, and he is prone to change things.. he is shooting a Truball punch a matic..
Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
TMax27

TMax27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Unless he changed something, and he is prone to change things.. he is shooting a Truball punch a matic..
The last I saw, he was using a "Short n Sweet" wrist strap.
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Daniel Boone

Default He an old timer

Guys in his 50's and wins Vegas. Impressive

Here some pictures in this link of him

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CBwQsAQwAw
Old 02-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
Hoyt1945

Hoyt1945 is on a distinguished road
Default What carbon express arrows did he use

Outdoors I know he shoots the nano, just wondering if he shoots x jammers indoors.
Hoyt1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

What really surprised me was his hold time.

He draws back, sets, and the arrow flies. done. It seems he holds only a couple seconds at full draw.

It must take a lot of mental toughness and self control to pull off that type of shot.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
Huntelk

Huntelk is on a distinguished road

If a command shooter's timing is on, he is untouchable. The tough part is for a command shooter to put three days together. Dietmar gotter done though!

I sat right behind the pros and watched them for three days. It is pretty amazing to see both the similarities and differences.

The degree of mental toughness it takes is incredible. I watched as these guys hammering along baby x after baby x. Most of the time not even coming close to touching the inside of the 10 line.

Then all of a sudden BAM! One stray 9 and you are done

Over the first 2 days of shooting I had chosen Braden G. to be the last man standing. He only had 4 "non x's" in three days. His body language was evident he was confident and the x's were just coming easy.

Jesse seemed to be working for a lot of his shots with quite a few hanging low at 6 o'clock in the 10 ring just catching the x. Reo only touched the inside of the ten ring once on day two that I saw. Day 3 he had a little larger hole in the middle but only a couple that touched the 10 line. I think it was end 9 when a low flier took him out of the 300 group.

It was pretty funny to see GRIV surrounded by "3-Ders", both Levi Morgan and Jeff Hopkins were on his bale. Hopefully they talkied him into coming to an ASA and shooting K50!
Huntelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
Daniel Boone

Default Scope set ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
If a command shooter's timing is on, he is untouchable. The tough part is for a command shooter to put three days together. Dietmar gotter done though!

I sat right behind the pros and watched them for three days. It is pretty amazing to see both the similarities and differences.

The degree of mental toughness it takes is incredible. I watched as these guys hammering along baby x after baby x. Most of the time not even coming close to touching the inside of the 10 line.

Then all of a sudden BAM! One stray 9 and you are done

Over the first 2 days of shooting I had chosen Braden G. to be the last man standing. He only had 4 "non x's" in three days. His body language was evident he was confident and the x's were just coming easy.

Jesse seemed to be working for a lot of his shots with quite a few hanging low at 6 o'clock in the 10 ring just catching the x. Reo only touched the inside of the ten ring once on day two that I saw. Day 3 he had a little larger hole in the middle but only a couple that touched the 10 line. I think it was end 9 when a low flier took him out of the 300 group.

It was pretty funny to see GRIV surrounded by "3-Ders", both Levi Morgan and Jeff Hopkins were on his bale. Hopefully they talkied him into coming to an ASA and shooting K50!
Could you tell if many were using a tru spot type lens? Wheres the pictures?
Go all the way to Vegas with no camera
DB
Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Huntelk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Could you tell if many were using a tru spot type lens? Wheres the pictures?
Go all the way to Vegas with no camera
DB
I don't have a good camera and the cheapie I have doesn't take very good pictures without a flash.

I really didn't pay a lot of attention to equipment. I was really watching emotions and body language of how the guys set up, executed and followed through. I took a lot of notes on my perceptions of attitudes and styles.

Having equipment that works for you is vital, but there are so many possibilities that you can get lost in the mix. Just sitting through a seminar with Jesse, Dave and Reo would confuse you as they all three have very different ideas on equipment.

Just think, who would ever guess that 2 of the last 3 guys standing in Vegas would be using carbon arrows?

Why would Dietmar lay down an Mathews apex after setting several world records with it?

Why did Jesse switch to a dot?

How did Dietmar with without B-Stingers?

So much emphasis goes into what can be "bought", that many people loose sight of what must be "learned".
Old 02-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Daniel Boone

Default Simple

Quote:
I don't have a good camera and the cheapie I have doesn't take very good pictures without a flash.

I really didn't pay a lot of attention to equipment. I was really watching emotions and body language of how the guys set up, executed and followed through. I took a lot of notes on my perceptions of attitudes and styles.

Having equipment that works for you is vital, but there are so many possibilities that you can get lost in the mix. Just sitting through a seminar with Jesse, Dave and Reo would confuse you as they all three have very different ideas on equipment.

Just think, who would ever guess that 2 of the last 3 guys standing in Vegas would be using carbon arrows?

Why would Dietmar lay down an Mathews apex after setting several world records with it?

So much emphasis goes into what can be "bought", that many people loose sight of what must be "learned".
Find what works for you!

Look in the mirror! Thats the only person that has to change to shoot good.

Carbon arrows shoot just fine. B Stinger had more than a few in the shoot down. You maybe should look at a PSE Bow, two of the last three were shooting a PSE!
DB
Old 02-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Huntelk

I really liked my Conquest 3 and apex, and shot both quite well. I'd shoot a PSE without any hesitation too If I thought it would help.

The more I watch and learn, the more I see how little difference equipment brand matters.

In the BHFS shoot-off for 1st place there were Elite, Limbsaver, Hoyt and Mathews bows. Those guys all shot within a point of each other for a ten ends.

I don't remember what sights, scopes or releases they used. In the end the color shirt they wore really had little to do with it.

Like you, I am a student of what is working for the top shooters. I tried a Tru-ball short and sweet after Dietmar set that double 70 record. I leaned toward CBE because of Reo and Jesse. I bought the B-Stingers for the same reason.

How about the 2713's stuffed away in a tube in my basement? Had the top 3 guys all been shooting them, who knows-maybe I would have dug them out for a 3rd try?

We all have our heros that we follow. It just seems to be getting less and less important to me what someone else is using, and more and more important on their mental/physical processes.

Now for the serious question about Dietmar's winning strategy: Boxers or Briefs?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Had to be boxers with a fan tied to the inside of his pant leg for a cool breeze.

The way he was kicked back on the bow rack after each round, he couldn't of looked cooler if you propped a smoke in his mouth and put a cold beer in his hand.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
Daniel Boone

Default Dietmier

Quote:

Exsperiance, he been there many times.
DB
Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
ba3darcher

ba3darcher is on a distinguished road

I shot with Dietmar at an ASA in Ft Wayne Indiana a few years back, what a great person to be around, couldn't happen to a nicer person.
ba3darcher is offline   Reply With Quote