Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
elmac

elmac is on a distinguished road
Default String strech?

Ok, I am going to try to ask this without it getting confusing. What are the signs of string strech? Here is the problem, my daughter is shooting a Hoyt Tricon,Jr. at about 33 pounds using a 4x scope. When she starts to shoot and the bow is "cold", her arrows hit wide to one side and she has to almost bury the scope to the side to compensate for it. As she continues to shoot, you can see the arrows start to "walk" across the target therefore she is compensating for that. I have watched her form and she is shooting the same way everytime. (anchor point, grip, same arrows etc). Could the string be streching as the bow is warming up. Is this question clear?? Thank you
elmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmac View Post
Ok, I am going to try to ask this without it getting confusing. What are the signs of string strech? Here is the problem, my daughter is shooting a Hoyt Tricon,Jr. at about 33 pounds using a 4x scope. When she starts to shoot and the bow is "cold", her arrows hit wide to one side and she has to almost bury the scope to the side to compensate for it. As she continues to shoot, you can see the arrows start to "walk" across the target therefore she is compensating for that. I have watched her form and she is shooting the same way everytime. (anchor point, grip, same arrows etc). Could the string be streching as the bow is warming up. Is this question clear?? Thank you
String stretch is not likely to cause a lateral dispersion --- it is more likely to display as vertical |.

Much more likely that she is canting the bow, or there is another subtle form issue such as alignment or torque at work here. Try having her do some warm up stretching and even invest in a BowFit band for warming up the muscles before shooting.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
hutchies

hutchies is on a distinguished road

I think Javi hit on the head. Sounds like she needs to stretch before shooting.
hutchies is offline   Reply With Quote