Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of
Default My take on the Conquest Triumph

As much as I’ve despised parallel limbed bows in the past; refusing to even shoot them because of the “dead” feeling on the shot I’ve got to say Mathews hit a homerun with the Triumph.

Somehow Mathews has managed to combine the long riser, parallel limbs and speed into a very smooth drawing, fast shooting 39” A2A bow with the effective string angle of a much longer bow and still give the shooter a taste of feedback on the shot.

The Triumph has the speed of the Prestige for those of us afflicted with shorter draws, and the stability of the Apex and Conquest 4, while being light enough for you to add weight where you want it without breaking your back…

Although the 65% cams might not please everyone, I draw with my back and pull through the shot actively and so have no trouble with the short valley and hard wall. I can see where a “waiter” or arm shooter would hate the new 65% cams and the 80% let-off and lesser holding weight might be more comfortable for their type of shot…

All in all this bow holds and shoots like a dream, with no fighting the level; the bow sits still throughout the shot.

And let’s not forget the Focus grip… folks this ain’t a homerun… it’s a GRAND SLAM in the 9th of the 7th game of the World Series…

I’m thinking I’m in love again...
Old 03-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

It's awesome when ya find a bow you really like.

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
It's awesome when ya find a bow you really like.
I'm ordering another with 50 lb limbs for indoors...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like some pretty high marks.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by red44 View Post
Sounds like some pretty high marks.
I think this bow is light years ahead of the "dead" parallel limbed bows I've tried and rejected in the past.. This bow reacts to the shot much like a conventional bow...but holds better than any bow I've ever shot.. it is a pleasure to shoot...
Old 03-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Time has no officially stood still. Javi shooting a Mathews and liking it.

I'm really starting to like mine as well. It did take a bit to get used to the 65% cam though. It's been a while since I shot a spiral type valley.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Time has no officially stood still. Javi shooting a Mathews and liking it.

I'm really starting to like mine as well. It did take a bit to get used to the 65% cam though. It's been a while since I shot a spiral type valley.
Liking it, may be too mild a description... I want to have kids with it...
Old 03-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
master Cleatus
Jerry Whittington

master Cleatus is on a distinguished road

the 65% cam is okay..you gotta have the bow in your draw length..its gotta fit ya...the 65 cam will not allow to shoot it with a to long a draw...
master Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
RageBlood

RageBlood is on a distinguished road

Great looking bow - glad you are happy, I know its no hunter - but is it quiet?
Mathews Apex & Apex 7
RageBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBlood View Post

I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with it...
Old 03-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBlood View Post
No hunter?
Thats crazy talk. Any bow that shoots good for you is a hunter. Color or shine or sound is easily delt with.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #12
JAVI

Quote:
No hunter?
Thats crazy talk. Any bow that shoots good for you is a hunter. Color or shine or sound is easily delt with.
When I started archery a 64" bow was considered a short bow...
Old 03-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
RageBlood

RageBlood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No hunter?
Ok - I just mean't thats not what it was designed or marketed for, I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think it would be any good.....
Mathews Apex & Apex 7
RageBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really beginning to like the Triumph. My only complaint if there is any.... The draw length was perfect on the 29" 65%. This is actually a problem for me. I typically shoot between 29-1/4 & 29-3/8 depending on the release.

Mathews cams typically run long so I thought getting a 29 would be perfect for me. I've been told the 80% cam is running a little longer but I like the way the 65% is shooting right now.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
master Cleatus
Jerry Whittington

master Cleatus is on a distinguished road

I like the 65 cam better than the 80...80 is to soft/spongy for me...I have mine set at 28.5 (dead on) 63.8 lbs shot a 404 grain arrwow at 269 so... I gotta lightend the arrow up some to reach asa speeds.

Bow is quiet. dead as a hammer, no shock or vibration...I have yet to put a sight on the bow, but will tomarrow after I return home from school(my job)

I think the bow is going to hold and aim good...plan on shooting it this weekend see how It does.
master Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #16
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm really beginning to like the Triumph. My only complaint if there is any.... The draw length was perfect on the 29" 65%. This is actually a problem for me. I typically shoot between 29-1/4 & 29-3/8 depending on the release.

Mathews cams typically run long so I thought getting a 29 would be perfect for me. I've been told the 80% cam is running a little longer but I like the way the 65% is shooting right now.

Chris, mine was just over 1/8" long right out of the box with no tuning.. it easily made 28.5" with the 28" cam
Old 03-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #17
Chris
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
Chris, mine was just over 1/8" long right out of the box with no tuning.. it easily made 28.5" with the 28" cam
I've just twisted the cable up a bit to get me some more length out of it.