Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
jim p

jim p is on a distinguished road
Default Javi's information on hybrid cam tuning.

Where can if find Javi's sticky on hybrid cam tuning? If anyone has a copy please pm it to me or just post it. Thanks.

I am trying to tune up some Pearson hurricane cams and need some good input.
jim p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
jim p

I just found it on archery talk, but it is good enough to post here also if anyone wants to.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

It was posted here at one time..
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
jim p

I am going to take a close look at the hurricane cams and see if I can use your information to help get them timed, sync'ed and fine tuned. I have to go and take a close look at the cams to see if I can recognize the cable stops and groves and such.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim p View Post
I am going to take a close look at the hurricane cams and see if I can use your information to help get them timed, sync'ed and fine tuned. I have to go and take a close look at the cams to see if I can recognize the cable stops and groves and such.

Thanks.
Jim the Hurricanes are only going to need to be put in rotational sync.. (start from the same place) they don't have a stop on the top cam..
Old 03-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
jim p

Thanks. That will save me some time.

So if I read your instructions right I will need to back the string off maybe 10 turns. bottom the limbs out set the sync based on the cam marking and then check the tiller to see if it is even.

If I get the sync right and the tiller is off, should I just back off the limb bolts until I get the tiller to 0 and then call it finished or should I play the two back and forth.

I want to shoot the bow with the limbs backed off about 2 turns so do you have any special instructions that might help me out?
Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim p View Post
Thanks. That will save me some time.

So if I read your instructions right I will need to back the string off maybe 10 turns. bottom the limbs out set the sync based on the cam marking and then check the tiller to see if it is even.

If I get the sync right and the tiller is off, should I just back off the limb bolts until I get the tiller to 0 and then call it finished or should I play the two back and forth.

I want to shoot the bow with the limbs backed off about 2 turns so do you have any special instructions that might help me out?
Jim see my pm and give me a call.. it isn't nearly that complicated..
Old 03-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
jim p

Read the PM. I will be in touch.

Thanks