Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
RageBlood

RageBlood is on a distinguished road
Default Mathews Prestige

How is it as a 3d bow?, I read lots of posts that say its a great short draw bow, I'm 29" and have an opportunity to pick one up in a real good deal.

Is it still a competitive 3d bow? I notice that although the Apex 7 isn't in production anymore the Prestige still is.....

I'm lovin my Elite XLR and I also have a Judge setup for IBO, but this Prestige is in great shape and I'm quite tempted to try it, what do you think?????
Mathews Apex & Apex 7
RageBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBlood View Post
How is it as a 3d bow?, I read lots of posts that say its a great short draw bow, I'm 29" and have an opportunity to pick one up in a real good deal.

Is it still a competitive 3d bow? I notice that although the Apex 7 isn't in production anymore the Prestige still is.....

I'm lovin my Elite XLR and I also have a Judge setup for IBO, but this Prestige is in great shape and I'm quite tempted to try it, what do you think?????
I like the Prestige, I use mine for hunting and shoot a little 3-D with it.. until I got the Triumph I intended to buy another Prestige strictly for 3-D.. as it would allow me to shoot 280 fps with a reasonable weight arrow and not have to pull more than my shoulder would like.

But the Triumph has the same speed and a longer string angle.. so it won out.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
mathewsgirl13
Pinky

mathewsgirl13 is on a distinguished road

I used my Prestige for 3-D for 2 years, won Texas ASA shooter of the year with it last year...

But I will tell ya, I had some problems with its tunning... it seemed like every other time I picked the bow up, something was wrong with it.... and that could have just been my bow...

I loved the way it shot and everything but I sold it because I got tired of messing with the tunning every time I turned around...
Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

At 28" or longer DL I would recommend going w/ another bow. I had the Prestige, and while it is a great short draw bow, if your longer than 27.5" I think there are better choices out there. For me the Apex 7 is a better fit. My DL is 28.5" fwiw.