Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
jim p

jim p is on a distinguished road
Default How to remove a sight bubble

I have an extreme sight which the bubble is not mounted correctly. When the pins are lined up on a vertical line the bubble is 1/2 bubble off.

Is there any way that I can remove the bubble and then remount it so that it is correctly oriented?
jim p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
sweet old bill

sweet old bill is on a distinguished road

I had this problem, used a small screwdriver as a pry bar and got the bubble off. I then remounted with 1/2 hour epoxy. Still is off a small bit, but better than it was.
sweet old bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #3
jim p

Thanks. I will give that a try. If I break the bubble I have some more that I can use. I really don't like a red bubble anyway.

I noticed that extreme is now making a bubble that can be adjusted or at least it appeared that way in the lancaster catalog.

I have 3 multiple pin sights and the bubble is off a little in all three of the sights. This process in the sight building process must be too time consuming for the manufactures to get right.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
longcut36

longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about

this is a easy one to answer. wait untill your wife is gone. put the sight in the oven at 375 degrees. when you hear a loud bang take the sight out. the level will be gone. I was putting one on once and came up with the great ideal of putting it in the oven so the glue would set up fast. got a phone call and forgot about it. trust me it will remove the level.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
72Beetle

72Beetle is on a distinguished road

Paint stripper will remove the bubble also I have used it on my Extreme scopes. I also re-drilled the hole larger and changed the bubble to one from the hardware store taken out of a post leveler now the scope has a level that is 7/16" easy to see.
72Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
jim p

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
this is a easy one to answer. wait untill your wife is gone. put the sight in the oven at 375 degrees. when you hear a loud bang take the sight out. the level will be gone. I was putting one on once and came up with the great ideal of putting it in the oven so the glue would set up fast. got a phone call and forgot about it. trust me it will remove the level.
I think that I will leave the fibers in while I do this maybe I can turn 0.019 fibers into 2" fibers.

This has got to be the best technique because there are no tools required just a little heat.

Last edited by jim p; 04-25-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
jim p

The screw driver popped it right out. The bubble flew out and rolled across the floor. Now what glue do I use to put the bubble back in the sight. The original glue looks like bohning fletching glue. I want to use something that will allow me to remove the bubble again if needed.