Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Just one of those type weekends.

This weekend.

Took one bow (Needed my back up)
Didnt take the assc box. (Trying to save space in the car)
Total up pin break down and not one to be found (It Happens)

Just very unprepared.

We learn from are mistakes.
DB
Old 05-04-2010, 05:41 AM   #2
Limey
Englishman

Limey is on a distinguished road

I always take 2 bows to a shoot.

I have a good weather bow with a scope and a bad weather bow with pins. In the UK this counts as the same class as we have only 1 compound & release aid class.

If it is chucking it down with rain I hate trying to shoot a scope, hence the back up bow with a 5 pin sight. Again this was learnt the hard way
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Diffiantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey View Post
I always take 2 bows to a shoot.

I have a good weather bow with a scope and a bad weather bow with pins. In the UK this counts as the same class as we have only 1 compound & release aid class.

If it is chucking it down with rain I hate trying to shoot a scope, hence the back up bow with a 5 pin sight. Again this was learnt the hard way
I dont shoot with a Lens. But I never understood folks not being prepared for the rain when traveling.
DB
Old 05-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
Limey
Englishman

Limey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
I dont shoot with a Lens. But I never understood folks not being prepared for the rain when traveling.
DB
You have to be prepared for rain in the UK!

I changed scopes last year to a Classic scope becasue the fibre optic surround also shields the back of the lens. The sunshade for the front also protects the front of the lens. It only takes 30 seconds to remove the lens and I can use just the pin.

I also carry a spare Sure Loc 3rd axis block with a broken cross, so I can swap the scope out if there is a heavy rain shower. Or a scope malfunction.

My sight tape is printed on waterproof paper and then covered in clear nail varnish to keep the marks from running in the rain. I wax my strings and cables if rain is forcast to protect them from getting heavier with water soaking into them.

Again all of this is learnt the hard way. Now I am happy when it rains as I feel with my set up I have an advantage over most of my less prepared competitors.

It all paid off for me last Sunday when I won a big 3D tournament in the South of England and it was raining for half the shoot.
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote