Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Hermit Hill
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
Hermit Hill is on a distinguished road
Default trophy takers xtreme rest problems

Has anybody had problems with Trophy Takers Xtreme fall away rest? I am having a problem with the little washer on the string between the arm and the stop. It appears that the washer is there to insure the arm is perpendicular when in the up position. Without the washer the arm will rotate past top center and when released the arm will rise before falling away. The problem I am having is the washer sometimes catches between the arm and the stop at an angle not allowing the arm to come to the intended perpendicular position. When I release the arrow in this position I shoot into the ground in front the intended target. Sometimes is does, sometimes it doesn’t, it took me a while to find out what was happening after I stopped blaming myself for bad form.
Hermit Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Give them a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Hill View Post
Has anybody had problems with Trophy Takers Xtreme fall away rest? I am having a problem with the little washer on the string between the arm and the stop. It appears that the washer is there to insure the arm is perpendicular when in the up position. Without the washer the arm will rotate past top center and when released the arm will rise before falling away. The problem I am having is the washer sometimes catches between the arm and the stop at an angle not allowing the arm to come to the intended perpendicular position. When I release the arrow in this position I shoot into the ground in front the intended target. Sometimes is does, sometimes it doesn’t, it took me a while to find out what was happening after I stopped blaming myself for bad form.
Those folks will certianly solve your promblem and have a solution. Great customer service.
DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
smittymission
Smitty2010
 
smittymission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Page County VA
Posts: 27
smittymission is on a distinguished road
Default

youre string to the fallaway is too short
__________________
Mission Archery, GoldTip Arrows, Trophy Taker Fall Away Rest, Muzzy Broadheads, Saunders Field Points, Team RealTree Camo, PAGE COUNTY 3D SHOOTERS.
smittymission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
Hermit Hill
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
Hermit Hill is on a distinguished road
Default Trophy Taker Xtreme rest problems solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Those folks will certianly solve your promblem and have a solution. Great customer service.
DB
Thank you Daniel, I called them and you are correct great customer service. It appears that there was a small amount of the washers that had a larger hole then they wanted that allowed the washer to lay over and stop the arm from coming all the way up. They are sending me a new washer, Thanks again.
Hermit Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Good Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Hill View Post
Thank you Daniel, I called them and you are correct great customer service. It appears that there was a small amount of the washers that had a larger hole then they wanted that allowed the washer to lay over and stop the arm from coming all the way up. They are sending me a new washer, Thanks again.
I have never seen them not go out of there way to help a customer.
DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com