Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2011 Hoyt Bows, what do you think?

I'll Post the pics and then some specs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alphaelite.jpg (88.4 KB, 1056 views)
File Type: jpg carbonelement.jpg (103.2 KB, 1039 views)
File Type: jpg carbonmatrixplus.jpg (89.1 KB, 1023 views)
File Type: jpg crx32.jpg (106.0 KB, 1031 views)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some more 2011 Hoyt Bow Pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rampage.jpg (84.5 KB, 824 views)
File Type: jpg ruckus.jpg (68.3 KB, 824 views)
Old 10-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! is on a distinguished road

how come they dont list the prices? lol

rick
Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Supermag

Supermag is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'm sure I missed something somewhere but why are the speeds listed like 320 fps (ATA) instead of 320 fps IBO?

It'll be interesting to see the prices when they come out too.
Supermag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
asa1485

asa1485 is on a distinguished road

The Element and Matrix plus looks like a 31 and 35 Carbon tube risered Maxxis

I do like the looks of the Alpha Elite though.
asa1485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Chris I dont know if you remember but back in 2006 when I got my Trykon XL you and I were talking and I said it would be cool if Hoyt came out with a parallel limb bow like the trykon but with a shoot thru riser now they finally did it.

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Chris I dont know if you remember but back in 2006 when I got my Trykon XL you and I were talking and I said it would be cool if Hoyt came out with a parallel limb bow like the trykon but with a shoot thru riser now they finally did it.
Alphamax shoot thru should make alot of guys happy.

I was hoping the Element would be lighter though.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Chris
Administrator

I'm really surprised they didn't come out with a real barn burner.

Alpha Elite looks cool though.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:06 AM   #9
Jari
Center of the Center

Jari is on a distinguished road

The Alpha Elite is the bow i like best in the line up

//Jari
Old 10-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #10
VNVGUNNER

VNVGUNNER is on a distinguished road

The Alphaburner is still on the menue for 2011.
ATA same rating as IBO.
B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1
VNVGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Alpha Elite is a little interesting.....

if it had a little more on the ATA it would of been a done deal, though I was hoping for a little more speed. We'll see what real world speeds are.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
VNVGUNNER

VNVGUNNER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari View Post
The Alpha Elite is the bow i like best in the line up

//Jari
I agree.
B-Stinger, Axcel HD Pro, QAD, Carter RX-1
VNVGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
wihoyt

wihoyt is on a distinguished road

The alpha elite looks promising but not really as impressed as I thought I would be. Another disappointing year from hoyt with reworked bows. Cheap limb pockets on the vantage now instead of the good ones that they had. Bet they saved alot of money this year. The green they show on the alpha looks horrible. So there is my feelings on the hoyts and Im a hoyt guy. Now to wait and see what bowtech has in store for their new target bow
wihoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
Alpha Elite is a little interesting.....

if it had a little more on the ATA it would of been a done deal, though I was hoping for a little more speed. We'll see what real world speeds are.

38" would be nice.

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
Allen

Allen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wihoyt View Post
The alpha elite looks promising but not really as impressed as I thought I would be. Another disappointing year from hoyt with reworked bows. Cheap limb pockets on the vantage now instead of the good ones that they had. Bet they saved alot of money this year. The green they show on the alpha looks horrible. So there is my feelings on the hoyts and Im a hoyt guy. Now to wait and see what bowtech has in store for their new target bow
X2

Looks like I'm sticking with my UltraTec and ProElite. They haven't come out with anything better yet.

That green really turns me off.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #16
redfish

redfish is on a distinguished road

The Elite looks like it would be my pick of the litter. I guess I'm old school, but I just don't like or trust the beyond parallel limb technology, besides they look like they would be a pain in the to press.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What makes you think the limb pockets are are bad? Not to sound like an a$$ but you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to limb pockets. Apperently you havent ever shot even played with the new pockets. They are very tight and very well designed. By far the tightest pocket on the market. If they werent there wouldnt be so many people shooting and winning with these CHEAP HORRIBLE designs. LOL.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #18
bowman90

bowman90 is on a distinguished road
Talking Sweet

I will have the Alpha Elite for my new target bow. FREAKIN SWEET
Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.
bowman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #19
wihoyt

wihoyt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jame View Post
What makes you think the limb pockets are are bad? Not to sound like an a$$ but you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to limb pockets. Apperently you havent ever shot even played with the new pockets. They are very tight and very well designed. By far the tightest pocket on the market. If they werent there wouldnt be so many people shooting and winning with these CHEAP HORRIBLE designs. LOL.
You obviously have no clue who you are talking to! What was won with these limb pockets? Last year almost all thier wins were with a vantage elite with the old limb pockets and even braden winning over seas with an old ultra elite bc he couldnt get his vantage to shoot for him yet. They obviously didnt change from the most consistant pocket ever made in an effort to make them better with a smaller part of alum and way less complicated of a tooling run. people wonder why the guys that pound the piss out of the x's all day long every day and make it thier lifes dont post online anymore. Take a look in the mirror
wihoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #20
jame

Quote:
You obviously have no clue who you are talking to! What was won with these limb pockets? Last year almost all thier wins were with a vantage elite with the old limb pockets and even braden winning over seas with an old ultra elite bc he couldnt get his vantage to shoot for him yet. They obviously didnt change from the most consistant pocket ever made in an effort to make them better with a smaller part of alum and way less complicated of a tooling run. people wonder why the guys that pound the piss out of the x's all day long every day and make it thier lifes dont post online anymore. Take a look in the mirror
All I can tell you is I dont have to look in the mirror. Not trying to get in a pissing match with you but I have talked with and shot with some of the best Archers out there. They like the new pocket system other than switching limbs around. The pockets are so tight that its hard to get the limbs out. You state that Braden couldnt get his Vantage to shoot for him last season. One is the vantage had the old style pocket on it and 2 is Braden didnt shoot for Hoyt last season.
Im not saying that the old limb pocket doesnt work but the new pocket works just as well as the old one. I for one wasnt happy about the pocket system at first but once I got to playing around with it and shooting it, I couldnt see any differences in it. In my opinion this pocket is as tight and shoots just as well as the old style did.
It just bugs me when people start the bow bashing on a public forum. Sounds alot like AT.
Just my 2 cents.
PS. I did look in the mirror and Realized how damn good looking I am.
Jame Jamison

Last edited by jame; 10-16-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #21
Chris
Administrator

LOL..boys, boys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg someone-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg (13.5 KB, 683 views)
Old 10-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #22
jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
LOL..boys, boys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
LOL.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
Fred Bear11

Fred Bear11 is on a distinguished road

i would go with the alpha elite but not worth the money new ill stick with ultra tec hasnt failed me yet and its not a dollar out of my pocket i just dont relize the point of buying a new bow every year ok congrats you got a new bow and a hole in your pocket just saying
Fred Bear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
Mo_Archergirl
Hoyt Rocks

Mo_Archergirl is on a distinguished road

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM
Mo_Archergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #25
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
X2

Looks like I'm sticking with my UltraTec and ProElite. They haven't come out with anything better yet.

That green really turns me off.

I kind of like that green

And sense I can't shoot good enough to notice a difference in limb pockets...I rely on color.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #26
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
That could be a double edged sword for sure....

Oh and Braden G shot a Conquest 4 most of last year.. fiddled with a Monster 7 for a bit but stuck with the C4...
Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #27
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
I kind of like that green
x2 Its Sweeeet!

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #28
ruttinbuck
James Drouillard

ruttinbuck is on a distinguished road

It should me mandatory for forums to fill their full name out! That way there is some accountablity whey they post and comment! And make sure some of your facts are straight!