Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
ironghost6512

ironghost6512 is on a distinguished road
Default Hoyt Havoc xt2000 axle/axle lenght?

Help me out here; acquired Hoyt Havoc XT2000 w/50# limbs and the bow pulls approx. 42-46# depending on whose scales used. My local shop thinks the bow may have the ORIGINAL cables/strings {!!??} would that be possible? And if so, is it possible they have stretched enough to drop the draw weight that much? Does anyone know the axle to axle tuning specks so I can evaluate whether or not new cables/string might bring it back into spec.?

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated,... thanks
ironghost6512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
spotshot

spotshot is on a distinguished road

Need to know what cams and size cams that are on it,also the year would help.In general this was a short a/a bow in the 31-32 inch range.also is it a havoc or havoctec?
Doinker
Truespot
Trophy Taker SS
spotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Allen

Allen is on a distinguished road

Hoyt publishes tune charts for their bows. You can find them on their website in the customer service section. You just need to figure out what year your bow was made.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
ironghost6512

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotshot View Post
Need to know what cams and size cams that are on it,also the year would help.In general this was a short a/a bow in the 31-32 inch range.also is it a havoc or havoctec?
Thanks for the reply. The bow is a Havoc XT. As for the cam(s), it is a single cam with the markings RL3-R-HL, if that tells the size/type; I assume it does. As for the year, I suspect it is an 01 according to what I believe is the serial #--5611701 and or #527573. The current center to center is almost exactly
33 5/16".

Having traded a sweet Rintec for this Havoc I wasn't sure I made a good trade, but having shot this Havoc I have really come to like it for it's size and balance and I believe the accuracy will be reasonably good once I get it tuned
The Havoc chronos a 278 gr arrow consistently @225 fps which equates to 31 ft pds of energy. To my thinking that is maybe 20 + fps slow? Or am I asking too much of this old beast?
I attempted to download the tuning data from Hoyt and my Adoby Reader doesn't seem to be up to date and won't read the PDF file
I'm a newbie here and think I've found the right place. Having been away from archery since 1987 have far to go go and not long to get there. The technological learning curve is daunting but what can I say.
I appreciate all the input and hope to get to know yall better Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
spotshot

spotshot is on a distinguished road

By the cam numbers you gave I would say your bow is a 2000 witt a redline cam(it should have a sticker on the cam) the 3 is the size which gives you a 27" draw the R is right handed and HL is hi let off (75%).The atoa is 33 1/2"and your string should be 85.75" and cable 36.25".this should be correct,but not 100%.Good luck.

By the way i have a 2002 havoctec and it is a very good hunting bow I cant justify changing.I also get more speed then thatyou are so once you get it set up correct you will like it.
Doinker
Truespot
Trophy Taker SS
spotshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
ironghost6512

Default Hoyt Havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotshot View Post
By the cam numbers you gave I would say your bow is a 2000 witt a redline cam(it should have a sticker on the cam) the 3 is the size which gives you a 27" draw the R is right handed and HL is hi let off (75%).The atoa is 33 1/2"and your string should be 85.75" and cable 36.25".this should be correct,but not 100%.Good luck.

By the way i have a 2002 havoctec and it is a very good hunting bow I cant justify changing.I also get more speed then thatyou are so once you get it set up correct you will like it.
Thanks for the feedback Spotshot,.... according to the label on the limbs the cable =30.5 and the string = 86. You say your bow is faster, ... like how much faster? What draw weight is your bow.... mine is 40-50#.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
ironghost6512

Default Havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironghost6512 View Post
Thanks for the feedback Spotshot,.... according to the label on the limbs the cable =30.5 and the string = 86. You say your bow is faster, ... like how much faster? What draw weight is your bow.... mine is 40-50#.
Well, what can I say out of sheer desperation I had new cable/string put on my Havoc. What I radical difference that made. Brought the draw weight up to 51#, and my 278gr arrows chrono @ 249fps. Who would have thunk strings could make THAT MUCH of a difference, as the APPEARED to be fine. Live and learn!!
Thanks for the feedback!