Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
jmontana

jmontana is on a distinguished road
Default golden eagle limbs?

I am looking for golden eagle litespeed limbs or even a bow. If anyone has any info on where to find any i would grealty appreciate it thank you.
jmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

What year is the bow? I know the Litespeed was available in 1999, as I had one. Effective in 2000 is when Bear took over Golden Eagle and formed the North American Archery Group. In 2004 the Golden Eagle line was discontinued.

So if your bow is 1999 or earlier the only thing you can do is try to find used limbs in various classified sections of forums or find a whole bow and use the parts. If made in 2000 or later they used limbs the same as Bear bows so these may be avalable from Bear Archery.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
jmontana

Yeah its earlier than 99 thats why im having trouble finding just the limb ive been looking on craiglist and places like that to. Haha i even sent an email to bob foulkrod couple months ago since he was always a big promoter of golden eagle but no response. thanks for the info tho.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
bfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontana View Post
Yeah its earlier than 99 thats why im having trouble finding just the limb ive been looking on craiglist and places like that to. Haha i even sent an email to bob foulkrod couple months ago since he was always a big promoter of golden eagle but no response. thanks for the info tho.
OK, this tells me you aren't new to this. Foulkrod ought to have a warehouse full of them. I was a shoter for them in 1999 and although they had some faster bows that Litespeed was a sweet shooter. Nice and smooth and plenty quiet. Wish you luck in your quest for limbs.

Guess you tried EBay. Try the classifieds on www.archerytalk.com
Worldwide Scuba Diver
Old 02-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
jmontana

Ok great yeah i'll try that website. Yeah the litespeed is such a great bow i love it killed whitetail, elk, black bear etc. but the limb got twisted and its so miniscule, it was making a creaking noise and after looking it over real good i noticed the little twist in it. Finishing up college i dont really have the money for the new bows that are out. hopefully i can find somehting but thanks alot for the help.
Maybe i'll go to Foulkrods house up in troy pa. see what hes got
Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
bhtr3d

bhtr3d is on a distinguished road

i have a lightspeed that is a split limb from 96 that i might sell off ....I built it at the factory when I worked there.
bhtr3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
jmontana

If you would be willing to part with it. Id love to see some pictures
Old 02-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
bfisher

See you might have found one. There is also the possibility of getting one with solid limbs. They made the bow with splits and solids for at least 1998 or 1999. There was no performance difference between them.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
Old 02-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
jmontana

Yeah ive seen the solids. Do you think they'll be a difference in the amount of noise, i feel like split limbs always seem a little quieter, especially with that bow cause its already on the longer side.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #10
bfisher

Quote:
Yeah ive seen the solids. Do you think they'll be a difference in the amount of noise, i feel like split limbs always seem a little quieter, especially with that bow cause its already on the longer side.
Very minimal, if anything. I had both models at the same time and shot them side by side, and both over a chrono. The speed difference was 1 fps and no perceptable difference than that. I kept the split limb model and gave my brother the one with solids.

I've since sold mine and I think he sold his, too, since I gave him my 2004 Martin SlayR a couple years ago. Now there's a bow that's a smoker. He's shooting it for 3D at 27.5" draw and getting 314 fps. Seems like I always give my good bows away.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
Old 02-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
jmontana

Haha nice. Shoots will be starting in couple months down that way, you gotta show em up.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
bfisher

Quote:
Haha nice. Shoots will be starting in couple months down that way, you gotta show em up.
The bow might impress some as my new one is a Rytera Alien Z, black riser and camo limbs. It would have to be the appearance of the bow cause it sure ain't my shootin anymore.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
Old 08-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
skiarcher

skiarcher is on a distinguished road
Default litespeed limbs

Did you ever find some limbs? I purchased 2 litespeed I bows way back when. One a year or 2 before the other. The first bow was for my father and it shot so well I bought a second (used from online), however it was a different model. I bought a new bear sq 32 in 2005 and let my brother have the lightspeed but he cut the string/cable. I was looking it over to have it re-strung and one of the limbpockets (threading for the bolt) looks to be stripped. I don't know if it is the same model as yours but if your still looking I can send picks of the limbs.
skiarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
rattler123

rattler123 is on a distinguished road
Post Golden Eagle litespeed 1 Bow (1999)

I have a GE litespeed 1 camo 55-70 lbs. in excellent condition. Used very little. Have all original specs. Still has original cable and string and no change in setup since tuned.
Tiller- 8 3/4 top 8 3/4 bottom
Brace height - 8"
ATA- 39"
Extra String- 99.37(bought as spare never used)
Extra Cable - 51307-05(bought as spare never used)
weight - set at 60lbs. with 30' draw module.
additional modules- SCH and SEH.

Would like any parts available. This bow shoots awesome and would like to keep using as long as possible. This is my hunting bow and would hate to lose it due to lack of parts. Thanks for any info.
rattler123 is offline   Reply With Quote