Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 12-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
kgoss33@gmail.com

kgoss33@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Gold tip 30 X

Has anyone experimented with the options?
I shot victories last year, and when i shot groups, i was constantly replacing pin bushings......a total pain in the butt.
I was talking to gillingham the other day, and he was saying some people are just using the push in nocks instead of the bushing and pin nocks.
Anyone try the nocks instead of the bushings? Which is better? or doesnt it matter?
kgoss33@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust

wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoss33@gmail.com View Post
Has anyone experimented with the options?
I shot victories last year, and when i shot groups, i was constantly replacing pin bushings......a total pain in the butt.
I was talking to gillingham the other day, and he was saying some people are just using the push in nocks instead of the bushing and pin nocks.
Anyone try the nocks instead of the bushings? Which is better? or doesnt it matter?
i will agree that the pin nocks is a pain. i would suggest to see if you can find a easton uni bushing big enough such as maybe the 26 or 27 series and use the easton g nock the best nock out there imo. good luck
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
kgoss33@gmail.com

kgoss33@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
i will agree that the pin nocks is a pain. i would suggest to see if you can find a easton uni bushing big enough such as maybe the 26 or 27 series and use the easton g nock the best nock out there imo. good luck

Thats actually what happened. I found out 2514's fit the 30x and i got the G uni bushing, so when i get everything all set up, i'll be sure you post and let you know. thanks for the response.
kgoss33@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

Chequamegon is on a distinguished road

I did not know GT was still producing the 30X's

One thing that is sure.....you will find the GT shafts a lot tougher. We have been using the 30x's and XXX for a couple of seasons now and they shoot great. 150 grains up front and cut between 1/2" and 1" beyond the rest. The set up or bow does not seem to make a difference as long as your center shot is good.

As far as the pins go.....we have bent a few. If it is a concern you could also use the baggie method to install, then just rplace as needed.

You will like these!
Chequamegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
Rattlinman
trust me, I know

Rattlinman is on a distinguished road

Uh, I'm probably gonna get eat up for this but....why don't you just NOT shoot groups ? Pick up a five spot target and shoot 5 arrows at a time.

Having said that, I have shot 30x's for awhile now and I switched to Carbon Express pin knocks, they are much more durable imo. I also use the "baggie" method for the bushing and it works well if they need replaced.

Good luck and good shooting
Rattlinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #6
Allen

Allen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlinman View Post
Uh, I'm probably gonna get eat up for this but....why don't you just NOT shoot groups ? Pick up a five spot target and shoot 5 arrows at a time....
Definitely the solution for spots, but not so much for 3D or field. Everybody in your group is shooting at the same spot.

I've never gotten pins to shoot for me. I have a Sterling Arrow Mate that measures run out on nocks and find that pins are almost never as consistently straight as push in nocks.

Since inconsistency on the back end has more effect on accuracy than anywhere else on the arrow, I shoot strictly push in.

Allen
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote