Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 12-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough
Default World Series of Archery

A little disappointed in regards to this shoot that was to be held in Wisconsin this weekend

What a let down, How can the two of you – MB and Elk - brag this event up the way you do. This almost reminds me of the big archery festival that scammed and put a soured up taste in many archers mind. Is this how we promote the growth in the sport?

After today it’s very obvious that you don’t give a crap about the folks that were all excited with your big dream and had to sell your idea to board members in order to set up facilities, sponsors, venders or bartenders to supply food and beverages and host the World Series of Archery,

Yet! You could not even make sure they received the target faces on time for the day of the shoot, knowing well over a month or so in advance that they were on your schedule and paid there dues for the target faces. What a joke- no what a letdown, but whatever I suppose that’s one way to cover for big guaranteed pot if that even happens in Texas

Why should I be pissed, I for one have promoted the sport of archery that has helped the sport grow as well as the people behind it thru the years, you let down the archery community as a whole, you also made this State look like a joke, as well as the individual who was involved in your big dream who probably looks like a big dumbass in front of his sportsmans club as well as all those who wanted to take part in this event and were in the mist of travels to make it to the shoot only to find out. You folks dropped the bomb.

Thanks to those that still made it possible for folks to shoot at the Vegas and NFAA 5 Spot targets at least the trip was not a waste.

Just my opinion

So what reasoning or thoughts do you have in regards to this?

JDX--

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
michaelb

michaelb is on a distinguished road

I would like to personally apologize to Eric and everyone at Central Wisconsin Sportsmans Club, and to all those archers who had planned on shooting The World Series of Archery Event to be held at their club.

There were a series of unfortunate events that lead to this, but at the end of the day, they are only unsatisfactory excuses as to why we dropped the ball on this one.

When we unfortunately had to cancel the 32 National Tournament Series Events, we contacted Eric letting him know, and told him that we had disposed of their check at that time but were going to send them some targets for their Event. We had every intension of getting the targets to them in time, but made another mistake with the UPS shipment.

There is nothing I can do at this time but to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart for dropping the ball and letting everyone at Central Wisconsin Sportsmans Club and the archers interested in shooting The World Series of Archery Event down…

Sincerely,
Michael Braden
michaelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

Chequamegon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelb View Post
I would like to personally apologize to Eric and everyone at Central Wisconsin Sportsmans Club, and to all those archers who had planned on shooting The World Series of Archery Event to be held at their club.

There were a series of unfortunate events that lead to this, but at the end of the day, they are only unsatisfactory excuses as to why we dropped the ball on this one.

When we unfortunately had to cancel the 32 National Tournament Series Events, we contacted Eric letting him know, and told him that we had disposed of their check at that time but were going to send them some targets for their Event. We had every intension of getting the targets to them in time, but made another mistake with the UPS shipment.

There is nothing I can do at this time but to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart for dropping the ball and letting everyone at Central Wisconsin Sportsmans Club and the archers interested in shooting The World Series of Archery Event down…

Sincerely,
Michael Braden
I can't even comment on the national qualifier at this point other than apologize to all those I enlisted to sponsor, volunteer and shoot this event. Brett told me a number of times how far you guys were sticking you necks out, but it was sure easy to cancel and leave us hold the doggy bag. That was the first problem, the then in good faith promise of paper was another

I will say that you two had plenty of time......and numerous calls from myself to send paper out to us (well over two months).

As a last PLEE on behalf of sponsors, volunteers and shooters I called again on 12/15 to ask if these have been sent out? Bretts first response was you already have targets from last year. I said I am not sure how many, I would have to take inventory. (Why would I worry about that, because you were suppose to supply us with 500.....and you had ample time and plenty of reminders to do that.) Brett then says he sent then out on tuesday 12/14. I ask how he sent then......he is not sure and he might have the tracking number at home......we have not seen anything......and I don't suspect we will. Who sends out something in the middle of December and expects it to arrive across the country in three days?

I called an audible that evening 12/15 to cancel the WSOA (again) and go to a more standard spot shoot for a very minimal fee (basicaly give the store away to save some faith) Then I had to make calls for the SECOND time to tell shooters, sponsors and volunteers that again we are downsizing because I have even more doubt.

Yes I truly do feel like a dumbass and feel that on top of all this in the end I have been lied to about shipping......I hope I and wrong and paper does arrive with a tracking nume that I can check as to when it was truly sent out.

DumbAss

Last edited by Chequamegon; 12-19-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Chequamegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

BTW I did take inventory and we did not have enough paper in stock to host this shoot. We made two orders form you last season which shows how popular the WSOA.....WAS.....here last season. You have a good concept, I will say that, we liked to shoot it
Old 12-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

I have to give a shout to one individual (sposor) that the WSOA could take a really hard look at!

Even as late as Thursday and Friday after everything went to the deep end of the pool.......laying in a hopsital bed!!!! he was asking if he could still send a bunch of prizes to us for the shoot. Now that is what a true relationship is. The archery community needs more of that, more that think selfless.

The Packers don't play until tonoght so I am going to go and shoot a few arrows by myself
Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

No response?

How about a tracking number......that should tell us wisconsinknights what kind of faith to have in the WSOA....
Old 12-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

ouch
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
Chequamegon
Cricket Spitting Champ

We did receive some target paper today. The were sent ups 3 day select on Wed 12/15, not Tue 12/14. Also we were expecting 500 targets (not 100) with score cards, shoot off cards and bracket sheets. Those items would have made a better shoot, not necessary.....but we were told we would receive those items with 500 sheets.

This is the last I will say in this matter as I would like to put this behind myself atleast. I do have to make a report at next months board meeting, and I hope they have enough faith in me for future events?
Old 12-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
Huntelk

Huntelk is on a distinguished road

Merry Christmas everyone!

and you guys though I was going to post something bad......

Last edited by Huntelk; 12-25-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Huntelk is offline   Reply With Quote