Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
asa1485

asa1485 is on a distinguished road
Default A Hoyt is sexy no matter the weather!!

Was outside doing a little shooting. Set my bow down and thought, I need to take some pictures. Feel free to post up your setups if you like.
Does not have to be a Hoyt

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum
asa1485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
bowman90

bowman90 is on a distinguished road

Pure sweet.
Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.
bowman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

I don't know about those rods just kidding.....

but that bow is pretty sweet....sooner or later I imagine that I may be shooting either an AE for field or Matrix

the pics look good though..... What kind of camera are you using?
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
asa1485

Thanks guys. It is an outdated (by today's standards) Canon 10D

I do need to swap out the silver LD for a black or camo one though. Just one I had lying around when I got the bow. Just have not changed it. Shooting good so, I have left it.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Brown Hornet

Outdated or not it takes good pics and is still better then my little digi Sony.

Here are some pics of one of my target bows...I am shooting Katera XLs for target....this one will be my field bow once it's time to go outside....the other one I shot outdoors this past season will get indoor/3D duty once I get another sight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03742 (Medium).JPG (26.7 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03743 (Medium).JPG (32.7 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03745 (Medium).JPG (33.3 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03770 (Medium).JPG (64.2 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03773 (Medium).JPG (49.2 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03775 (Medium).JPG (53.5 KB, 299 views)
Old 01-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Paul S.
I do not follow!

Paul S. is on a distinguished road

Nice rigs guys.

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
asa1485

Yep , very nice indeed.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Brown Hornet

Thanks guys....I absolutely love this bow. It may have moved to the top of my list to become my favorite bow of all times for target. I started shooting the other one I have just as something to play with because I had always been interested in trying one for target. So last spring I bought my buddies for like $325...I figured if it worked out great. If not I have a hunting bow that I like since it's camo.

Well...I set it up and went and shot a field round with ZERO marks and shot a handful of points below my avg...but my draw was long which I knew with the first arrow I shot on the practice range. Fixed that when I got home and went and shot another round the next day and shot my avg from the summer before with a PE. Then a couple weeks later I made a trek to NC for a weekend of lots of arrow flinging....didn't shoot well all weekend really but I still tied my personal best score....by the end of the summer I was shooting above my avg and destroyed my PB scores. Even when I would have an off day I was still shooting better scores then I was with the PE.

So with all of that love for the bow going on....I sold the PE I had and bought the black bow in the pictures....I actually got a great deal on that also. I found a shop that had it in the box....it had NEVER been shot and I got it for about 1/2 price The pics are from the 1st day I shot it at the range a couple months ago.....I shot my PB indoors of 58X the 1st time I shot the thing. Now I haven't hit it again this year yet....but I am avging right 54.5Xs this year so far...and haven't shot less then 52. I think my high with the PE was 51 or 52....I haven't shot more then that in YEARS....heck with the Martins I had I never could even bang out a 300 let a lone a 50+X round.

But this is the most comfortable bow I have ever shot, it fits me PERFECT...and I still haven't shot a bow that aims this well for me. Although the Alpha Elite I tested showed me that it would probably aim a touch better once I got it set up But I have 2 Katera XLs that I still don't have as much money in as I would buying a new AE so I won't be getting a new one any time soon.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
asa1485

I know exactly what you are saying. I do not get to shoot any field. Nearest place is 3 1/2 hours away. But I do shoot spots, 2D paper animals, pop ups, 3D and so on.

I feel the same way about this bow (AM35). For me, It fits me perfectly.

General Archery Forum
General Archery Forum
General Archery Forum
General Archery Forum
Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

I shot a Carbon Element and a Carbon Matrix Plus earlier this year and I am sure the Element is going to be a big seller for Hoyt.

As far as the Matrix Plus goes? I think it just might be the best shooting bow I've ever had in my hands! At least for me

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #11
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust

wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa1485 View Post
Thanks guys. It is an outdated (by today's standards) Canon 10D

I do need to swap out the silver LD for a black or camo one though. Just one I had lying around when I got the bow. Just have not changed it. Shooting good so, I have left it.
what brand of strings do you have on those bows? they look really good
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I know exactly what you are saying. I do not get to shoot any field. Nearest place is 3 1/2 hours away. But I do shoot spots, 2D paper animals, pop ups, 3D and so on.

I feel the same way about this bow (AM35). For me, It fits me perfectly.

General Archery Forum
General Archery Forum
General Archery Forum
General Archery Forum
Awesome looking bow
Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #13
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Hoyt guys

Hoyt Alphaelite sure is a nice bow. If I had Hornet money I would go buy one! Good to see we got some guys with lots of money here now.

Nice bows guys!

DB
Old 01-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
MeanV2

DB, with all your money you should have 2 or 3 Sweet Bows!

I like your Avatar!

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Hoyt Alphaelite sure is a nice bow. If I had Hornet money I would go buy one! Good to see we got some guys with lots of money here now.

Nice bows guys!

DB
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 01-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
Daniel Boone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
DB, with all your money you should have 2 or 3 Sweet Bows!

I like your Avatar!

Dan
Im a PO Boy!

Its you high dollar Bowtech guys that got all the money. Destroyer not a cheap toy!

My coach told me no $1200.00 bow going to make me shoot better with my ten cents worth of talent!
DB
Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
asa1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
what brand of strings do you have on those bows? they look really good
Pro line and Vapor Trail
Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #17
asa1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Awesome looking bow
Thanks bud.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #18
asa1485

Quote:
Hoyt Alphaelite sure is a nice bow. If I had Hornet money I would go buy one!:peace: Good to see we got some guys with lots of money here now.

Nice bows guys!

DB
You and me both DB
Old 01-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #19
MeanV2

DB, You need to let me know when you are in this area again so we can knock a tater in the head and shoot the Bull! You'll find out I'm a PO Boy too!

I turned in my resignation to BowTech a couple of weeks ago. I just didn't care for the direction that the company has gone the last couple years.

I really am not a Fan of Short A to A bows with big cams and I prefer a little customer service when needed It's really a Shame! They were an awesome company at one time.

I am really looking at Hoyt & Maitland. I like the product and the people behind both.

Dan

Quote:
Im a PO Boy!

Its you high dollar Bowtech guys that got all the money. Destroyer not a cheap toy!

My coach told me no $1200.00 bow going to make me shoot better with my ten cents worth of talent!
DB
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 01-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #20
asa1485

A few other ones

General Archery Forum
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #21
Brown Hornet

Quote:

Nice bows guys!

DB

If you had Hornet money you would be shooting old used bows like Hornet.....the bow I shot for field last year which will eventually become my indoor/3D bow (which I also hunted with this year) I paid $325 for....the one in the pics is an 09 I found in a shop this spring that was unshot and I got it for about 1/2 price. I paid for that by selling the PE I bought in 2008 USED for $550...sold it for $600 in May and spent ZERO money on that Katera XL.

I would bet you a new Carbon Matrix that most of you have spent more money on gear in the past year to year and a half then I have in the past 4 years. The only thing I have spent money on or bought new in the past 2 years is a doz X7s, Scott mini Black Hole, CBE scope, and the FV lens I got a couple weeks ago....that's about $400...throw in the the first Katera XL and nocks and vanes I have bought and you still can't get a new bow

oh I did buy a new Easton quiver last year....but my girlfriend had gotten me a LAS Gift Certificate so I did pay for that either.

Heck that new CBE on that bow I got as a thank you gift from a friend that I gave a bow to a couple years ago.....

I own 2 bows....a 2008 and a 2009....and use ONE set of stabs for them both....heck I don't even have another sight for it that's why I am using my field bow for indoors right now.

I may get an Alphaburner USED to hunt with this summer....I will eventually probably stumble across a good deal on an Alpha Elite and then it will become my field bow and the black Katera will be my indoor bow and the camo one will be 3D/hunting or just 3D. I don't like buying new bows every year nor do I see the need to.

Last edited by Brown Hornet; 01-18-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:07 PM   #22
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
If you had Hornet money you would be shooting old used bows like Hornet.....the bow I shot for field last year which will eventually become my indoor/3D bow (which I also hunted with this year) I paid $325 for....the one in the pics is an 09 I found in a shop this spring that was unshot and I got it for about 1/2 price. I paid for that by selling the PE I bought in 2008 USED for $550...sold it for $600 in May and spent ZERO money on that Katera XL.

I would bet you a new Carbon Matrix that most of you have spent more money on gear in the past year to year and a half then I have in the past 4 years. The only thing I have spent money on or bought new in the past 2 years is a doz X7s, Scott mini Black Hole, CBE scope, and the FV lens I got a couple weeks ago....that's about $400...throw in the the first Katera XL and nocks and vanes I have bought and you still can't get a new bow

oh I did buy a new Easton quiver last year....but my girlfriend had gotten me a LAS Gift Certificate so I did pay for that either.

Heck that new CBE on that bow I got as a thank you gift from a friend that I gave a bow to a couple years ago.....

I own 2 bows....a 2008 and a 2009....and use ONE set of stabs for them both....heck I don't even have another sight for it that's why I am using my field bow for indoors right now.

I may get an Alphaburner USED to hunt with this summer....I will eventually probably stumble across a good deal on an Alpha Elite and then it will become my field bow and the black Katera will be my indoor bow and the camo one will be 3D/hunting or just 3D. I don't like buying new bows every year nor do I see the need to.
what you takin bout boy
I am still shooting a used S3 b cams shoot thru
shoots good to
DB my 10cent of talent is as good as it gets LOL

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #23
Daniel Boone

Quote:

Im going to pick up a Mathews Rival pro and set it entirely for indoor. Im not going to be caught without an indoor bow again.
DB
Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
Daniel Boone

Quote:
DB, You need to let me know when you are in this area again so we can knock a tater in the head and shoot the Bull! You'll find out I'm a PO Boy too!

I turned in my resignation to BowTech a couple of weeks ago. I just didn't care for the direction that the company has gone the last couple years.

I really am not a Fan of Short A to A bows with big cams and I prefer a little customer service when needed It's really a Shame! They were an awesome company at one time.

I am really looking at Hoyt & Maitland. I like the product and the people behind both.

Dan
Hoyt a tough bow to beat. I had a Hoyt pro Elite and we tried to make 28" cam work for 28 1/2". That dont work to well on spiral cams. I may have a fuel cam one of these days. Sure like the Alphaelite.
DB
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #25
Daniel Boone

Quote:

Dan
Bowtech dropped there best Oklahoma shooter Chad Hilburn for whatever reason I cant figure. He won the semi class at a ASA pro am that year and was the one that really promoted Bowtech in Oklahoma. Go figure! He said he was never given a reason. He shooting Elite now and doing quite well. Great guy and was Bowtech best ambassador here in Oklahoma. Reps here dont really know whos who in my opionion.
DB
Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 AM   #26
MeanV2

DB, Not the first screwup they have done in recent years. They dropped a local shooter here also last year. He picked up a Hoyt and won National Amateur of the Year. I also got tired of taking care of Customers out of my pocket. I hope they put as much effort into improving Customer Service this year as they did in unveiling their new bow at ATA show. I could go on but will leave it at that. It is Sad to see a company go the direction they have.

I could No longer promote them or their product with any confidence so it was time for me to move on.

I really like the Fuel Cam

Dan

Quote:
Bowtech dropped there best Oklahoma shooter Chad Hilburn for whatever reason I cant figure. He won the semi class at a ASA pro am that year and was the one that really promoted Bowtech in Oklahoma. Go figure! He said he was never given a reason. He shooting Elite now and doing quite well. Great guy and was Bowtech best ambassador here in Oklahoma. Reps here dont really know whos who in my opionion.
DB
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #27
Brown Hornet

Quote:
Im going to pick up a Mathews Rival pro and set it entirely for indoor. Im not going to be caught without an indoor bow again.
DB
I hear ya....the only reason I am using this bow for indoors is because I hadn't shot it yet honestly. If I had set it up for field this summer like I had planned to then I wouldn't be shooting it. I would be shooting the other one.

Quote:
Hoyt a tough bow to beat. I had a Hoyt pro Elite and we tried to make 28" cam work for 28 1/2". That dont work to well on spiral cams. I may have a fuel cam one of these days. Sure like the Alphaelite.
DB
Well no it won't work....you can't get an extra 1/2" from a cam....that's why they make a 28.5" cam

But you actually could have gotten it....you just needed to change the string and cable lengths
Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
Daniel Boone

Quote:
I hear ya....the only reason I am using this bow for indoors is because I hadn't shot it yet honestly. If I had set it up for field this summer like I had planned to then I wouldn't be shooting it. I would be shooting the other one.

Well no it won't work....you can't get an extra 1/2" from a cam....that's why they make a 28.5" cam

But you actually could have gotten it....you just needed to change the string and cable lengths
I didnt know you could change strings and cable and get 28 1/2" out of 28" Spiral cam. Have to remember that! But Im pretty sure my next Hoyt bow may be that fuel cam.
DB
Old 01-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
Brown Hornet

Quote:
I didnt know you could change strings and cable and get 28 1/2" out of 28" Spiral cam. Have to remember that! But Im pretty sure my next Hoyt bow may be that fuel cam.
DB
Yep you just have to tweak the string and cable lengths a little...just tell your string maker you need a little more draw or want to pre load your limbs a little.... You WILL NOT be able to run "factory specs" though doing this....

I liked the Fuel cam...not more then the Z3 on my Katera...but it would work good enough
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #30
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Was outside doing a little shooting. Set my bow down and thought, I need to take some pictures. Feel free to post up your setups if you like.
Does not have to be a Hoyt

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum

General Archery Forum
What strings are those and what is the color combination? I really like it. Very Smokin Hott Bow....

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
asa1485

Thanks. They are Prolines-----flo green/flo yellow with a black streak.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #32
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thanks. They are Prolines-----flo green/flo yellow with a black streak.
Cool, thanks......

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote