Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
JTClark

JTClark is on a distinguished road
Default why they stop make

i wonder why they stop make 2 blade 100 gr and 125 gr 2 blade spitfire ? i would love to see they return the 2 blade spitfire in every models like edge, maxx, xp pro, scropion,
what is reason they stop made expect for 170 gr 2 blade spitfire, i have search for 2 blade spitfire review and find have high rate successful harvest animals..

any idea or know why nap stop make 2 blade spitfires for a archery ?
JTClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

You would have to call NAP and ask them that question.....

The 1st deer I killed with a mechanical head was with an 85 grain 2 blade Spitfire....they were great heads. But I am sure they stopped making the 2 blade version because more people shot the 3 blade....so for them it probably made more sense to save some $ and only offer the 3 blade. I know I prefer the devastation of the 3 blade to the 2 blade.

I still have some 85 grain and 100 grain 2 blade Spitfires.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

It's all about demand or should I say lack of it. I'd personally never use a 2 blade head, I much prefer to blow a 3 or 4 blade hole through something.

The only time IMHO that a 2 blade is a viable option would be when having extra penetration was a must and then a mechanical would Not be a good choice.

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

Having been in the business end of things there is only one major reason for discontinuing something like a broadhead. Lack of sales (demand). On the othr side look at Muzzy. Their heads sold like crazy and still do. They added a couple others like the MX3 and MX4, but the standard heads are still around. Why, because they work and they sell.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
MeanV2

I Agree BG, but they also sell because they are cheap. They are not the toughest head, but not the worse either. They will get the job done

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Having been in the business end of things there is only one major reason for discontinuing something like a broadhead. Lack of sales (demand). On the othr side look at Muzzy. Their heads sold like crazy and still do. They added a couple others like the MX3 and MX4, but the standard heads are still around. Why, because they work and they sell.
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
kebees4

kebees4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
I Agree BG, but they also sell because they are cheap. They are not the toughest head, but not the worse either. They will get the job done

Dan
I use Muzzy because they are less expensive, fly good and always get the job done.
Been using them for years.
http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm
kebees4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
MeanV2

Exactly my point! A lot of guys feel the same way, and that's OK! I used them for years and killed dozens of animals with them. Only had problems a couple of times.

There are better choices out there if you don't mind spending $10 to $20 more. Personally I think the Broadhead and arrow is arguably the most important piece of equipment a Bowhunter uses.

It just seems funny to me when I see guys come in the shop drop $700 to $800 on a Bow and then go to Walwart to save $20 on a cheaper made Broadhead.

That's why they make all kinds though and IMO Muzzy is one of the better choices if you are shopping price.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
I use Muzzy because they are less expensive
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 01-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
JTClark

take a look at tekan II, would love to see NAP make a cut on contact 2 blade ?? but muzzy look good but flight can be issue, but i wish tekan II make nice one w/o use o'ring like spitfire, it would save some money than spend on buy a o ring but i'm still might trying something different mechanical but not rages no way but grim reaper or other but i trust in NAP more than anythings but will likely trying tekan II ..
Old 01-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
MeanV2

I Love my Grizz Tricks and they are my go to heads, but I did kill a buck this year using the NAP Spitfire Maxx and was very impressed.

I'm not sure why you want to use a 2 blade on deer unless you are shooting very low KE and having penetration issues, 3 blade or 4 blade will cut a better hole JT.

I also have some 2" 3 Blade Meat Seekers I will try out. I like trying different heads and I'm sure I have killed animals with 50 different broadheads over the years.

I just think using a head myself gives me a better feel for exactly how that head will perform in the field.

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
tedlebo

tedlebo is on a distinguished road

Consider the Hypershock by Aftershock archery. I have been using these since they came out and have no plans on switching to anything else. I shoot the 100 gr. 2 blade head, 2 inch cut, and they open AFTER penetration resulting in very quick kills, even with lower poundage bows.
tedlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTClark View Post
take a look at tekan II, would love to see NAP make a cut on contact 2 blade ?? but muzzy look good but flight can be issue, but i wish tekan II make nice one w/o use o'ring like spitfire, it would save some money than spend on buy a o ring but i'm still might trying something different mechanical but not rages no way but grim reaper or other but i trust in NAP more than anythings but will likely trying tekan II ..
If your having trouble getting a small head like a Muzzy to fly then your tune is messed up....and the mech heads are BARELY working for you in my opinion. In my experience if a little fixed blade is planning or acting funny on you then a Spitfire is going to fly funky also.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

Price is a point I missed, Dan. thanks for bringing it up. I'm in complete agreement with you on the arrow/broadhead thing. I often try to impress people with the thought that all a bow is is a launching mechanism for the arrow. It's what it does after it leaves the bow that's important. So yeah, buy a cheaper bow and buy good arrows and broadheads for hunting.

Now having said that, I gave up hunting a couple years ago, but I would not even consider spending $10 each for broadheads when there are plenty that will do the same job at half the cost. Fortunately I still have a half dozen Innerloc 75 grain, and 100 gr that I got as sample packs when I repped for them back in 2003. They even sent the extra blades I asked for. Just my opinion, but I think they are better than Muzzy, and the price was definitely right.
Worldwide Scuba Diver
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
JTClark

my set is 70# and 30" DL , tune up fine, with 28 3/4" arrow, but i do remember speak with my uncle who doesnt beleive in speed bow so he shoot a old 95's HCA superme bow and he get about 240 fps and pass thru complete with xx78 2413 and spitfire 2 blades at 20 to 40 yards, and still do today and he still love his spirfire 2 blade..

i remmy my first bow was browning that only get 280 ibo and shot a doe through complete with dull satelitte broadhead and xx75 2317 at 33 " long arrow on plunger arrow rest back in 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
I Love my Grizz Tricks and they are my go to heads, but I did kill a buck this year using the NAP Spitfire Maxx and was very impressed.

I'm not sure why you want to use a 2 blade on deer unless you are shooting very low KE and having penetration issues, 3 blade or 4 blade will cut a better hole JT.

I also have some 2" 3 Blade Meat Seekers I will try out. I like trying different heads and I'm sure I have killed animals with 50 different broadheads over the years.

I just think using a head myself gives me a better feel for exactly how that head will perform in the field.

Dan
Old 01-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
archeryassasin
trophy class deer hunter

archeryassasin is on a distinguished road

BLOODRUNNERS all the way !!!
archeryassasin is offline   Reply With Quote