Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default How many shoots do you go to a year?

every week or just once a month?

Do you do IBO, ASA, or just dabble in local 3d shoots?

How about indoors? Field?

Any major shoots in your sites this year?? vegas, Louisville, Worlds???
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
archeryassasin
trophy class deer hunter
 
archeryassasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: baltic, ohio
Posts: 127
archeryassasin is on a distinguished road
Default

i shoot league once a week and goto local 3d shoots whenevr i can. i would like to go shoot in vegas again this year.
archeryassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
MickeyBee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 237
MickeyBee is on a distinguished road
Default

Got 5 rounds in at three indoor 3D shoots since the first of the year with another one on this Saturday. Also on Technohunt and spot leagues (one of each). My friend is trying to get me to go to state......still thinkin bout that.

Last edited by MickeyBee; 01-25-2011 at 01:07 PM.
MickeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

What about 3d?

local only, or do you mess with bigger shoots?
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Brown Hornet
Senior Member
 
Brown Hornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hornet's Nest
Posts: 511
Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default

For me it just kind of depends on how I feel or what's going on in my world. I will shoot a field round EVERY weekend if I can but thats not likely....but there are usually close to 70 field shoots within 3 hours of me for the summer

I didn't shoot as much as I normally would have last year because I didn't shoot after the last week in June and I missed 3 weeks of shooting from being on crutches.

I usually don't shoot a ton of indoors but I haven't not shot the LAS Classic in 5 years...I'm not shooting this weekend though. But I will probably get a State indoor or 2 in and I have shot a few league nights this year so far which I haven't done in YEARS.

When it's time to go outside I will shoot a 3D if there isn't a close field shoot to me but I usually only get in a couple a year as I really just prefer to shoot field so if we have to drive 20-30 mins for 3D vs driving 40-60 mins for field field usually wins out.

I don't know if I will really hit any bigger shoots this year though.....last year I went to Mid Atlantic Sectionals....and I MAY go this year. But I probably won't go to Nationals since it's in South Dakota. Other then that the only other bigger events I will hit will be the Hill Billy Shoot in Md which isn't really a "major" shoot just a big event...and then I will probably go to NC for their field event like I did last year. I would guess that I probably shoot about 20 "official" rounds this year maybe more....I think I got in about 13-15 last year with missing 2.5-3 months of shoots.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
PSE310
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: kentucky
Posts: 22
PSE310 is on a distinguished road
Default shoot's

I went to 7 I.B.O. shoot's last year the southern ,northern and the World.I thank since 2004 I have shot 34 I.B.O. shoot's.I shoot local about avery weekend when it warm's up, if it's below 32 I don't go!
PSE310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Supermag
Senior Member
 
Supermag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE
Posts: 366
Supermag is on a distinguished road
Default

I do at least a dozen 3D shoots a year from April to Sept, all of them local (one is an IBO qualifier) plus a weekly indoor 3D league and a couple indoor 3D tournaments. I wouldn't mind doing some national shoots but the closest one besides the NFAA nationals is 12 hours away.
Supermag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
asa1485
Senior Member
 
asa1485's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 520
asa1485 is on a distinguished road
Default

Um, a 3D every weekend except holidays, 2D animals inside once a week, and spots once a week adds up to a bunch
asa1485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Archerdad
Senior Member
 
Archerdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 896
Archerdad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Archerdad
Default

we get to go to the ASA shoot in Paris, TX and a bunch of local shoots. mostly for fun. sometimes it is hard to find time. i would love to do sime field archery and fita style events, just usually have a hard time finding time. we run the local archery club so that keeps you kinda busy along with regular stuff.

i live vicariously through my friends...lol
Archerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
For me it just kind of depends on how I feel or what's going on in my world. I will shoot a field round EVERY weekend if I can but thats not likely....but there are usually close to 70 field shoots within 3 hours of me for the summer

I didn't shoot as much as I normally would have last year because I didn't shoot after the last week in June and I missed 3 weeks of shooting from being on crutches.

I usually don't shoot a ton of indoors but I haven't not shot the LAS Classic in 5 years...I'm not shooting this weekend though. But I will probably get a State indoor or 2 in and I have shot a few league nights this year so far which I haven't done in YEARS.

When it's time to go outside I will shoot a 3D if there isn't a close field shoot to me but I usually only get in a couple a year as I really just prefer to shoot field so if we have to drive 20-30 mins for 3D vs driving 40-60 mins for field field usually wins out.

I don't know if I will really hit any bigger shoots this year though.....last year I went to Mid Atlantic Sectionals....and I MAY go this year. But I probably won't go to Nationals since it's in South Dakota. Other then that the only other bigger events I will hit will be the Hill Billy Shoot in Md which isn't really a "major" shoot just a big event...and then I will probably go to NC for their field event like I did last year. I would guess that I probably shoot about 20 "official" rounds this year maybe more....I think I got in about 13-15 last year with missing 2.5-3 months of shoots.

I lived in the DC area for a few years and for the most part it sucked, but
you guys on the east side luck out on the field shoots, if I can find 3 a year to go to I would feel lucky and most of those include a ton of driving time.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

I shoot a couple of different leagues in the winter and local 3d's just about every weekend I can find one within reasonable driving range.

This year I'm thinking about more IBO shoots. I'm not going to Vegas and having second thoughts about going to Louisville this year so I was thinking about draggin the wife along and going to Worlds this year.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #12
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......
 
BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hoosierville
Posts: 13,882
BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default

I personally don't shoot in many. I just go around taking pictures and BS'n with friends.
__________________


"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #13
stubby'smom
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 82
stubby'smom is on a distinguished road
Default

I just started this but I am now a staff shooter so will be going to quite a few. I went to Iowa and have gone to 2 local shoots this month. Not sure if I'm going to another on Sunday or not. Then next is regional's and pretty much a shoot every weekend until march. State indoor is in April. I plan on going to metropolis and nationals this summer and then as many local 3D's as possible. Maybe the state 3D too. Gonna be a busy year! Good thing the rest of the family loves archery too and will be joining me! We also shoot 2 leagues.
__________________
Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season
stubby'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #14
Brown Hornet
Senior Member
 
Brown Hornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hornet's Nest
Posts: 511
Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
I lived in the DC area for a few years and for the most part it sucked, but
you guys on the east side luck out on the field shoots, if I can find 3 a year to go to I would feel lucky and most of those include a ton of driving time.
I hate DC that's why I live in Va But Md and Va is the home of field
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #15
MickeyBee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 237
MickeyBee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
What about 3d?

local only, or do you mess with bigger shoots?
For me, the biggest last year was a R100 in Sparta. Saturdays 3D is the second qualifier of three for a $3300 shoot.

So to answer your ? about messin with bigger shoots.....NO
MickeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #16
upnorth
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: springstead wi
Posts: 412
upnorth is on a distinguished road
Default

i go to as many as i can up to around 180 miles . and usually take up to 5+ people with me .this year because theres none left in our area im putting on two 40 target outdoors to see if we can get people interested in it again.
upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #17
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
I hate DC that's why I live in Va But Md and Va is the home of field
I lived in Alexandria, just south of the beltway. I got out of work at 5 and if I left right away I would get home at 6:30. If I stayed and drank a few beers and left at 6 I would still get home at 6:45.

I couldn't handle the traffic! and at the time I didn't target shoot.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #18
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
i go to as many as i can up to around 180 miles . and usually take up to 5+ people with me .this year because theres none left in our area im putting on two 40 target outdoors to see if we can get people interested in it again.

Real surprised by this answer, I thought everybody in Wis. shot 3d and drank beer.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #19
Brown Hornet
Senior Member
 
Brown Hornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hornet's Nest
Posts: 511
Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
I lived in Alexandria, just south of the beltway. I got out of work at 5 and if I left right away I would get home at 6:30. If I stayed and drank a few beers and left at 6 I would still get home at 6:45.

I couldn't handle the traffic! and at the time I didn't target shoot.
I live in Alexandria....I moved out of Arlington a couple years ago after living there for 6 years. But I am also from Alexandria. The traffic sucks though.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #20
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Shoots

Usually hit one a week and leagues once a week in Jan and Feb.


Shoot ASA 3d circuit. Hit three pro ams a year if possiable.

Several in state ASA Qaulifiers.

Hit the OSSA assc shoots which is the state NFAA Assc.

Did the pro am in Kansas City which was NFAA.

Try to do the No Bull shoot in Lindsburgh, Ks.

Most my buddies own there own ranges so we do alot of jackpot shoots weekly or on weekends as well.
DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #21
TMax27
Senior Member
 
TMax27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fairland, OK
Posts: 778
TMax27 is on a distinguished road
Default

I probably hit 30 shoots last year. Not all official shoots, but ones any where from 45mins to 5hrs from the house.
__________________
2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #22
upnorth
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: springstead wi
Posts: 412
upnorth is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
Real surprised by this answer, I thought everybody in Wis. shot 3d and drank beer.
no once walleye then musky open most of them go to the water to drink beer and fish .with as many bow hunters that there are up here . theres not a big following for outdoor 3d . if i can get them to come with us once they usually get hooked . in the last 5 years or so we lost 3 regular shoots from park falls to ashland wi . the closest one for us until i start ours his year, are 50 plus miles away .
upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #23
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

I will go to a shoot (3-d) that is, about every weekend. i will also attend the asa london ky, shoot and the r-100 in ky.
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #24
red44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South East Massachusetts
Posts: 2,340
red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I haven't made a shoot since 2009. Hope to get back on the 3d trail this spring.
__________________
FBSA Member
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #25
shark3
Senior Member
 
shark3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: just outside Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 405
shark3 has a spectacular aura aboutshark3 has a spectacular aura about
Default

30 to 40 3d
shark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #26
sweet old bill
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 226
sweet old bill is on a distinguished road
Default

12 a year 3D
sweet old bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com