Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
shootlong

shootlong is on a distinguished road
Default Self Guided Bow Hunts

Self-Guided Hunt

In eastern Wyoming Mule Deer are concealed in the broken land. They use the drainages and ditches as day-time bedding areas to escape the heat. I have located public land that has good populations of Mule Deer that are concentrated in this broken area. These self-guided hunts are in an area where three creeks converge which is some of the best hunting habitat that can be found. Those who prefer hunting out of a blind can take mule deer or antelope that daily use the creek as a watering hole. For those who like the spot and stalk method, can find buttes in the area that allow for a vantage point to spot the herds and then you can plan your stalk.

In the immediate hunting area is over 20,000 acres of accessible land which includes BLM, State Trust Lands, and private walk-in areas.

Since Wyoming hunting regulations restrict the use of guides on public land these are self-guided hunts. You will be making the call. I will take you to the properties, provide you the maps, and show you the access roads and trails. I will also provide daily scouting reports.

I will also assist when you need help either tracking or retrieving your game. We will stay in contact with the use of 2-way radios and/or cell phones. I will provide these services for two days.

If you have never Bow hunted out west you donít know what you are missing. Over the last three years Iíve taken 15 hunters (gun and bow) who have filled 14 tags.

We started hanging mounts on the wall after the first year.

Approx 2011 hunting dates Sep 15 Ė Sep 25
shootlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 AM   #2
mtbowhunter

mtbowhunter is on a distinguished road

Ok Shootlong,
I have read this post several times and had to get a little bourbon in me before I wanted to reply. You have had 21 people read this post and no one has responded?
Seems like you would like to make a little money off of guys by showing them where to hunt on public ground. In most states thatís called guiding and is usually done by guides working for registered outfitters.
I have been taking guys hunting on public ground for 25+years and have Never charged a dollar for it. Its a great way to make lifelong friends. Something you ought to try sometime instead of taking advantage of the people who share much of the same passion you do.
Take kids there and teach them to hunt! Take that old guy from your local archery range. He would appreciate it more then youíll ever know.
Well thatís just my own personal opinion about this post.
Good Luck!
PS: Kids really have lifelong memories from good guys taking them hunting! Try it.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Wink Here's what I think !

Want to this new guy here , as it is his first post as it is his story !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
shootlong

Default Self-guided hunts

I think I understand where you are coming from and back here in Missouri I hunt the same way as you do. However, it's not my intention to take advantage of anyone.

In fact I want to do, is offer a bargain to other hunters who live over 500 miles away. Who can't make the scouting trips to pattern the game, and who want to find trophy animals the first year out west.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
shootlong

Default Mule deer spot and stalk

Here is a video of our 2010 hunt. My son get's his first Mule Deer with my Mathews swtichback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6bA5_OXZw
Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

I would like to put my add on here too.

I live near Saginaw Bay, one of the greatest walleye hot spots in the country.
For a fee I will help you find the boat launch and will tell you where and how to catch your best fish. All you need to bring is a boat, tackle, gas and all the equipment need to fish walleye.

Any takers???

or better yet

Let me know when you coming up here and we'll jump in my boat and go catch some walleye....you buy the beer.

Sorry I just can't see charging someone for hunting or fishing on public ground.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #7
shootlong

Default sounds like a good swap

You seem to be a fun loving guy . . . so it sounds like a plan to me.

Send me some fishing pics . . .

Here is another video of our 2010 WY hunting adventure . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTrf8mBxIQY