Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default religious freedom

as we need some fresh content on here as Bunny is obsessed with the older post
say a muslim comes here and has a child bride-13- and he is bragging bout his sex life with her and the law catches up with him
doe s he have a right to his religious freedom
as granted by our constitution

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

Smokes trying to cause trouble?

First I have to say, not only muslims do this.....remember the RLDS group in Utah that were recently broken up for taking child brides? (RLDS are not the same as LDS or mormons!)

As far as religious freedom, that is a tough one because I believe it is child abuse, but it is also scary to start controlling religious freedoms because once it is started, when does it stop. People start claiming anything they personally don't like to be dangerous or not ok for society then eventually we all start losing freedoms.

In this case, if he wants to practice that kind of religion, he needs to stay in a country that allows it. America needs to stop "adjusting" to everyone moving here. They are moving here for a reason....if they want to continue to live the life they left...go back and live it. I would never expect another country to change to fit my lifestyle, I would expect to make adjustments to fit in with them.
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
Smokes trying to cause trouble?

First I have to say, not only muslims do this.....remember the RLDS group in Utah that were recently broken up for taking child brides? (RLDS are not the same as LDS or mormons!)

As far as religious freedom, that is a tough one because I believe it is child abuse, but it is also scary to start controlling religious freedoms because once it is started, when does it stop. People start claiming anything they personally don't like to be dangerous or not ok for society then eventually we all start losing freedoms.

In this case, if he wants to practice that kind of religion, he needs to stay in a country that allows it. America needs to stop "adjusting" to everyone moving here. They are moving here for a reason....if they want to continue to live the life they left...go back and live it. I would never expect another country to change to fit my lifestyle, I would expect to make adjustments to fit in with them.

You go girl

If you want to live in this country, learn how to be a American and live within our rules.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
You go girl

If you want to live in this country, learn how to be a American and live within our rules.
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LEARN ENGLISH!!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LEARN ENGLISH!!!!!
wee wee or see see

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Old 03-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
wee wee or see see
WHAT??????? Old man, have you been hitting the communion wine again?

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
WHAT??????? Old man, have you been hitting the communion wine again?
yep and we need a new bottle as we will be celebrating it this coming Good Friday when we do a last Supper celebration
we use grape juice though

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Red face A little known fact !

The first time I seen a guy use religious freedom was the day back in '69 when an Army sergeant ( E-5 ) told me how lucky I was , down at the induction center and that I would be a member of the Marine Corps !

It's a long story that I tell alot , but I'll get to the religious freedom part .After being showed those yellow footprints , marched alot , being constantly yelled at , getting some uniforms and mailing our civilain stuff home , plus the haircut , we were in formation listening to this Marine gunnery sergeant who had one bad love affair for the Marine Corps .

As he was going on and on about the Corps , these two other sergeants brought up this one future recruit who claimed that he simply refuse to carry a rifle .

That gunny asked him why ?

He said that it was against his religious beliefs .

Gunny asked him what religion he was .

He replied " A member of the Latter Day Saints "

Gunny asked him , " what he bet he wouldn't carry a rifle ? "

He replied that " he'd bet his life ' !

Gunny replied " Well that might be what it will take , and how in the Hell did you ever end up in the Corps ?

He repied " I was drafted " !

That Marine gunnery sergeant dropped him with one mid-section hit , and told them other sergeants to drag his behind out of the gunny's sight .

I got my first look at what being a draftee , who didn't please the complaint department would receive , using something such an excuse as religious freedom or in my case " I'm here just helping you make your numbers , cause I got drafted " !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
The first time I seen a guy use religious freedom was the day back in '69 when an Army sergeant ( E-5 ) told me how lucky I was , down at the induction center and that I would be a member of the Marine Corps !

It's a long story that I tell alot , but I'll get to the religious freedom part .After being showed those yellow footprints , marched alot , being constantly yelled at , getting some uniforms and mailing our civilain stuff home , plus the haircut , we were in formation listening to this Marine gunnery sergeant who had one bad love affair for the Marine Corps .

As he was going on and on about the Corps , these two other sergeants brought up this one future recruit who claimed that he simply refuse to carry a rifle .

That gunny asked him why ?

He said that it was against his religious beliefs .

Gunny asked him what religion he was .

He replied " A member of the Latter Day Saints "

Gunny asked him , " what he bet he wouldn't carry a rifle ? "

He replied that " he'd bet his life ' !

Gunny replied " Well that might be what it will take , and how in the Hell did you ever end up in the Corps ?

He repied " I was drafted " !

That Marine gunnery sergeant dropped him with one mid-section hit , and told them other sergeants to drag his behind out of the gunny's sight .

I got my first look at what being a draftee , who didn't please the complaint department would receive , using something such an excuse as religious freedom or in my case " I'm here just helping you make your numbers , cause I got drafted " !
yep DI's don't have a very good sense of humor
till you really mess up
then they really smile

Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
poorman
And thats no lie !

poorman has a spectacular aura aboutpoorman has a spectacular aura about

I say if you want to practice that type of "religious freedom" then go back to where ever the hell you came from and have at it.

If you move to this country then abide by its rules and as mentioned before....learn to speak english!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Default I should finish the story ,

I never complained almost because of things such as this , but the next time I seen this individual who felt that he needed to push his religious freedom on not carrying a rifle was a week later .

He was at mess hall , eating at a table by himself , with two chasers watching him and he was in chains and leg irons ,my first time ever seeing such a sight as he was not ever going to be part of the Corps like that .

I got to admit that he was one brave person , I shall never forget , if I agree or not , as he was standing up for what he felt under a very threating circumstances and would pay a price !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
sean21toledo

sean21toledo is on a distinguished road

Technically, we do NOT have an official language
sean21toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #13
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean21toledo View Post
Technically, we do NOT have an official language
round these parts it is called english
try it you'll love it

Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #14
sean21toledo

Quote:
round these parts it is called english
try it you'll love it
On the books we do not have an official language.In southern arizona, south of tucson, there are no mile markers on I-19. There are, however, km markers. I only speak english fluently. I know a little spanish and a little sign language.

Was just playing devils advocate.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #15
Holy Smokes

Quote:
On the books we do not have an official language.In southern arizona, south of tucson, there are no mile markers on I-19. There are, however, km markers. I only speak english fluently. I know a little spanish and a little sign language.

Was just playing devils advocate.
like I said
we speak english on this site
enjoy

Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #16
sean21toledo

Quote:
like I said
we speak english on this site
enjoy
lo que si quería hablar español?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
Holy Smokes

Quote:
lo que si quería hablar español?
no speaky spanny

btw I'd get me a translator

Last edited by Holy Smokes; 05-03-2011 at 06:48 PM.