Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 09-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
srj26

srj26 will become famous soon enough
Default Managment Hunts

I got drawed for Caney Mnt. management hunt this year. Headed out Friday morning. Went last year and only saw a couple of does(oh also the biggest bobcat I'd ever seen). Hoping this years alittle different. This place is just north of Gainsville , MO and talk about hilly! Hopefully my friend and I will both tag out this year! We learned a thing or 2 about the place last year and are planning on using that to our advantage. Not many deer have been taken off this area during the archery hunts. I think they just have it to soon in the year.
srj26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Where's Bruce?
Sponge 4 bowhunting info

Where's Bruce? will become famous soon enough
Default Good luck

I got skunked for archery season here but getting out is always nice and we saw a big ole longtail up close and personal which made the season memorable. Just go have fun, shooting a deer is the end of the fun. <g>
11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.
Where's Bruce? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

I plan to do a management hunt this year , afer a year off , due to wife's sickness that requiried me to aid her !

There are plenty of deer , but can only shoot does !

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
srj26

srj26 will become famous soon enough

Got back from my trip to southern Missouri. Messed my chance up on a doe but had a clean miss(5' to the left).
But on the good news my best friend from gradeschool who I hadn't seen till last year at this same hunt was able to connect on a 7 point buck. We almost didn't find him, had to back out and wait till morning. After a 2 hour or so search for blood I lucked out and found a drop of dried blood right after deciding we weren't going to find it. Tracked it for about 50-60 yards then it stopped. My friend ended up spotting the buck about 25 yards adhead of us.
This was his first deer and boy did he get an education. The conservation agents were really impressed that we put that much effort into find the deer. With the sun really starting to warm things up there I sent him to town for a bunch of ice and I skinned and processed the deer in the fastest time I have ever processed a deer in my life.
All in all it was a great trip that I will always remember!
srj26 is offline   Reply With Quote