Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 12-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default What cha get for Christmas???

Well???

I got underware, socks, bottle of blackberry brandy, a empty wallet and one pissed off Mother-in-law.

Christmas is complete.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
Well???

I got underware, socks, bottle of blackberry brandy, a empty wallet and one pissed off Mother-in-law.

Christmas is complete.
Well youve done well then haven't you !!!And it's nice to have you back in the chair for the rest ofthe year Mate!!!Nice work on the mother-in-law

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Question Inquiry mind wants to know !

Way to go Gator , on the mother-in-law thingy !

We'' tell us who want to know , why would your wife's mom be mad at you , Gator ?

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post

We'' tell us who want to know , why would your wife's mom be mad at you , Gator ?

He gave her the fencing job to do before Christmas Lunch!!!!!20 new acres to fence before Lunch !!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Well you know the old saying, some people just don't know when to shut up???

Well I'm one of those people.

Hard to believe isn't it??
Old 12-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Well you know the old saying, some people just don't know when to shut up???

Well I'm one of those people.

Hard to believe isn't it??
No not Really !!!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Westy
Aussie Member

This is what Santa bought the boy for Christmas

Didn't want to show the jackhammer here,afraid some might get jackhammer envie
Attached Thumbnails
Offtopic - Click for larger version  

Old 12-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
This is what Santa bought the boy for Christmas

Didn't want to show the jackhammer here,afraid some might get jackhammer envie
Is that confederate currency there in that photo ?

Smokes sent you that , didn't he ?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well???

Christmas is complete.
For the first time since I was a kid at home, I got spoiled!! by some of my friends which "motivated" my husband to step up and not only get me something, but he did well on picking it out
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Talking A little known fact !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
For the first time since I was a kid at home, I got spoiled!! by some of my friends which "motivated" my husband to step up and not only get me something, but he did well on picking it out
I've always hated to get my wife something , when after all she's got the best there is , that's right , she's got yours trully me !

When I'm mad at her , than I buy some cheap thing to make feel bad !

Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #11
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:

No thats the real deal!!!!No it's $250.00 Australian or About $500.00

Whats the Capital of America???????

About 10 Cents

Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
Gator eye

Quote:

Do tell????

it might be handy information for those of us with big mouths for Christmas next year.

You can never have enough brownie credits.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #13
Gator eye

Quote:

I've always hated to get my wife something , when after all she's got the best there is , that's right , she's got yours trully me !

When I'm mad at her , than I buy some cheap thing to make feel bad !

AAahhhh no, it doesn't work that way and I got a Ex to prove it.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
Gator eye

Quote:

Looks like Canadian to me.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
No thats the real deal!!!!No it's $250.00 Australian or About $500.00

Whats the Capital of America???????

About 10 Cents

BAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH West-T made a joke

not
Old 12-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
BAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH West-T made a joke

not
you are so touchy about such things!!!!Where's Carppy???must be getting ready for the big Government do in Iowa next week

Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Quote:
Do tell????

it might be handy information for those of us with big mouths for Christmas next year.

You can never have enough brownie credits.
It was nothing too overly fantastic, but things I needed and wanted. Shoes, clothes (normally he picks out stuff I won't or can't wear), But mostly I was surprised with things I liked! Plus, I had some friends that were mad that he didn't get me anything last year, so they spoiled me a little

In our 9 years together, there has been 3 Christmas' where he got me absolutely NOTHING, so just that he got me something and I didn't have to go pick it out myself makes me happy!!

I do have to add, it is a little frustrating when he tells me how broke we are so I spend lots of time trying to stay within a SMALL budget for 4 people and then he goes out and spends about 1/2 of what I had to budget just on me.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #18
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Talking A little known fact !

Well Wheely and everyone else here , I did it this year as I cheapen Xmas by buying my wife of almost 40 years a new cell phone , that was brought today plus 750 texts a month besides 700 minutes of calls . I already brought her much needed pots and pans that were on sale for this season , but no I had to buy her a cell phone while I get her hand-me down , lucky me !

I have made Xmas cheap , BECAUSE MY WIFE HAS YOURS TRULLY AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR A DOZEN LADIES ( AT LEAST BACK IN MY YOUNGER DAYS ) and I had to buy her some trinkets , when she has me !

I think that it was really overkill too !

Only in America !
Old 12-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #19
Westy
Aussie Member

Carpshooter are you for real??? After we got a room i didn't even get a phone call

Old 12-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #20
longcut36

longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about

thank goodness for gift cards. I have found that men can not buy clothes for woman. it will either be to big,to small,wrong color,out of style, or I wouldnt be caught dead in that. it sure beats standing in the exchange line for a couple hours.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
Gator eye

Quote:
It was nothing too overly fantastic, but things I needed and wanted. Shoes, clothes (normally he picks out stuff I won't or can't wear), But mostly I was surprised with things I liked! Plus, I had some friends that were mad that he didn't get me anything last year, so they spoiled me a little

In our 9 years together, there has been 3 Christmas' where he got me absolutely NOTHING, so just that he got me something and I didn't have to go pick it out myself makes me happy!!

I do have to add, it is a little frustrating when he tells me how broke we are so I spend lots of time trying to stay within a SMALL budget for 4 people and then he goes out and spends about 1/2 of what I had to budget just on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
thank goodness for gift cards. I have found that men can not buy clothes for woman. it will either be to big,to small,wrong color,out of style, or I wouldnt be caught dead in that. it sure beats standing in the exchange line for a couple hours.

I have to say I'm on the same page with Longcut. I either piss her off with a size to big, or it won't fit. That color clashes with her hair ect. ect. blaa blaa blaaa blaaah. So this year I got her cash with a promise to take her to the mall without bitchin.

Of course I fulfilled my promise on the day after Christmas when I dropped her off at the mall and me and the kid went for the bike ride.

Now Wheelie in years past when your DH(dearest husband) forgot to get you a Christmas present was there any sort of agreement made about not buying each other presents, we will spend it on the kids and make it special for them??? I know when times were tough in our household I fell for that trick once or twice. We agreed not to get anything for each other and just buy for the kids then on Christmas day she gives me a gift and I had nothing for her.
I don't fall for that trick anymore and always have a back up gift come Christmas, birthdays, and hollowween, just incase.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #22
Gator eye

Quote:
Well Wheely and everyone else here , I did it this year as I cheapen Xmas by buying my wife of almost 40 years a new cell phone , that was brought today plus 750 texts a month besides 700 minutes of calls . I already brought her much needed pots and pans that were on sale for this season , but no I had to buy her a cell phone while I get her hand-me down , lucky me !

I have made Xmas cheap , BECAUSE MY WIFE HAS YOURS TRULLY AND THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR A DOZEN LADIES ( AT LEAST BACK IN MY YOUNGER DAYS ) and I had to buy her some trinkets , when she has me !

I think that it was really overkill too !

Only in America !

Oh you've made a terrible mistake.....oh my, your in for it now.

Now she'll be calling you when your fishing, hunting, drinkin what ever. She'll know when you've been sleeping, she'll know when your awake, she'll know when you've been bad or good so be good for heaven's sake.

Give up your card.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #23
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Quote:
I have to say I'm on the same page with Longcut. I either piss her off with a size to big, or it won't fit. That color clashes with her hair ect. ect. blaa blaa blaaa blaaah. So this year I got her cash with a promise to take her to the mall without bitchin.

Of course I fulfilled my promise on the day after Christmas when I dropped her off at the mall and me and the kid went for the bike ride.

Now Wheelie in years past when your DH(dearest husband) forgot to get you a Christmas present was there any sort of agreement made about not buying each other presents, we will spend it on the kids and make it special for them??? I know when times were tough in our household I fell for that trick once or twice. We agreed not to get anything for each other and just buy for the kids then on Christmas day she gives me a gift and I had nothing for her.
I don't fall for that trick anymore and always have a back up gift come Christmas, birthdays, and hollowween, just incase.
I wouldn't call it an agreement when he tells me HE doesn't want anything and for me to just worry about the kids. Then there was one year I told him I just wanted a watch, nothing fancy... He kept promising we would go pick one out, we never did. His sister ended up getting a watch for me, which is the one I still wear today.
I just want my DH to make me feel remembered and thought of on occasion. He Very Rarely does anything that doesn't benefit him in someway on holidays and Bdays (or ever).
Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #24
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Talking Am I missing something ?

Is this thread becoming a drama thread ?

I always remind my better half that things could be alot worst during hard times !

Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #25
longcut36

Quote:

I always remind my better half that things could be alot worst during hard times !

I always tell my wife things will get better. no need for both of us to worry.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #26
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Quote:

Not a drama thread, just a simple reminder to remember your wives even when things are tight... It's not about how big or expensive the gift is, it is about being remmebered and cared for enough that you put some sort of effort into your relationship. I got a hand written card on a folded piece of paper for V-day and that was enough for me
Old 12-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #27
Westy
Aussie Member

When my first Misses was playing up like a second hand lawn mowerI remember telling her she could shoot me ,stab me and run me over with the car but i'd never leave her????? So she did the right thing and she left !!!!!Now that was a gift I still Cherrish to this day !!!!Goodbye Dear

Old 12-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #28
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Talking Here's what I think !

West-T , you did the right thing !
Old 01-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #29
Gator eye

Quote:
Not a drama thread, just a simple reminder to remember your wives even when things are tight... It's not about how big or expensive the gift is, it is about being remmebered and cared for enough that you put some sort of effort into your relationship. I got a hand written card on a folded piece of paper for V-day and that was enough for me
yes, as manly man he men we sometimes forget to do the little things.

"ok honey I posted it, can I have my man card back now"
Old 01-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #30
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:

Go the Gator HA-HA-HA

Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #31
longcut36

Quote:

if you have to beg you dont need it.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #32
Gator eye

What no Carpshooter????

maybe he finally did it.

He got his bow out and shot.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
What no Carpshooter????

maybe he finally did it.