Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 03-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
Apollo

Apollo is on a distinguished road
Default Am I Alone

I was just wondering but the bow i shoot is a 62" longbow hand made out of nothing but wood and I shoot it barebow, am I the only one on here who is like this?
Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default bare bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I was just wondering but the bow i shoot is a 62" longbow hand made out of nothing but wood and I shoot it barebow, am I the only one on here who is like this?
NO apollo,lot's of us love triditional that's were most of the old guy's came from.
When i started bowhunting i was 15 that was 30 years'ago the first bow i had cost $55.00 it was a bear kodac recurve i killed a doe 2 week's after i got it,a spike a week later & at least 2 deer a year from then until now
but like now modern technology catch's up and the art changes & get's harder & to get an advantage on game animal's u need more pin-point shot's
dont get me wrong stick bow's , it's the most awesome thing to harvest an animal looking down the arrow at him. but after a few year's you start shooting 3-d's shooting a superfast-targetbow& shooting the trid.class u start to think about the speed & getting an advantage on hunting.
I still still shoot an old hatfield though for fun & 3-d triditional.
have fun with it but also explore all of what is about archery.

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

I truly enjoy going out and flinging arrows from my old recurve. One of these days I'm gonna hunt with it again. Well maybe, it takes alot of practice with those things.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Apollo

Apollo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
I truly enjoy going out and flinging arrows from my old recurve. One of these days I'm gonna hunt with it again. Well maybe, it takes alot of practice with those things.
Thats why i am starting off with just the recurve longbow with no attachments. I love the thrill of a challenge and what better way than to hunt an animal (i intend to actually stalk my "prey" and not use a treestand, me and a friend have worked out a very complicated system that is very effective) than with the bare essentials, a bow and some arrows. Just thinking about it keeps my blood pumping. The other thing that makes it so interesting for me is that it actually takes practice, now i am not saying that nothing else does but i want to be at the top of MY game not at the top of my equipments game.

Last edited by Apollo; 03-12-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

I have a bunch of recurves and I love'em...don't shoot them as much as I used to...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default stick&string

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Thats why i am starting off with just the recurve longbow with no attachments. I love the thrill of a challenge and what better way than to hunt an animal (i intend to actually stalk my "prey" and not use a treestand, me and a friend have worked out a very complicated system that is very effective) than with the bare essentials, a bow and some arrows. Just thinking about it keeps my blood pumping. The other thing that makes it so interesting for me is that it actually takes practice, now i am not saying that nothing else does but i want to be at the top of MY game not at the top of my equipments game.
That's awesome
that's the same way i started some 30year's ago.
good luck & keep us up to date on your adventure.

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote