Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Edd

Edd is on a distinguished road
Default Help!

I shoot a Mathiews DXT that I really like. The problem is it does'nt really like me. I entered a local 3D shoot this past weekend and managed to win the thing. I really had forgotten how fun this activity can be and hope to get my kids involved. I have owned three Mathiews bows, loved them all, but have never had that nock busting accuracy that I have experienced with other bows. I am considering making a jump to another bow company to maximize my enjoyment and compeditiveness in the 3D game. I haven't ventured out of Solocam world in 15 years though and am a bit out of touch. Anyone out there have suggestions on a dual purpose nock buster?
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

First off , to this site !

If you win so much , call Mathews and maybe they'll send you some thankyou cash , as then maybe you'll love shooting their bows , AS THEY ARE THE MANUFACTURER OF MOST WINNING BOWS THESE DAYS !

I shoot mostly Hoyts , as the deer don't care what I shoot as they just don't care to get shot at all !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
First off , to this site !

If you win so much , call Mathews and maybe they'll send you some thankyou cash , as then maybe you'll love shooting their bows , AS THEY ARE THE MANUFACTURER OF MOST WINNING BOWS THESE DAYS !

I shoot mostly Hoyts , as the deer don't care what I shoot as they just don't care to get shot at all !
My Name is Carpshooter and I hate Matt Mc pherson with a passion!!!!He served with me and now won't give me 3 new bows as a Pro!!!!! and as for cash he won't give me that either so now I'm on a personal crusade to rid the world of solo-Cam bows!!!!!Buy a Hoyt cause if I can twist Westy's Arm to buy one then anything is possible

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
bowman90

bowman90 is on a distinguished road
Talking

I would say go and look at some new PSE's. They are smooth shooting and accurate.
Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.
bowman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

to 3d shoots Ed.

Don't mind those two bickering fools, they argue over the sun rising and setting.

Anyway, sounds like that mathews might just agree with you if your name is on top at the end of the day. But if your looking for something new I would find a dealer that sold alot of different brand bows and just start shooting. You could narrow your search down by looking at the specs. of the bow your shooting now and go with something simular as far as ATA and brace, then try something longer and something shorter ect.... Finding the right bow is half the fun.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
I shoot a Mathews DXT that I really like. The problem is it doesn't really like me. I entered a local 3D shoot this past weekend and managed to win the thing. I really had forgotten how fun this activity can be and hope to get my kids involved. I have owned three Mathews bows, loved them all, but have never had that nock busting accuracy that I have experienced with other bows. I am considering making a jump to another bow company to maximize my enjoyment and competitiveness in the 3D game. I haven't ventured out of Solocam world in 15 years though and am a bit out of touch. Anyone out there have suggestions on a dual purpose nock buster?
tournament wise i haven't jump much into the solo cam senen I love the longer factory shoot thrus not much cam lean
I did smoke a feller in 08 when a bunch of us here went to PA for a R-100 shoot with a Martin Shadowcat 2 cam bow he had a solo one
I been a Martin man since 84

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Edd

Edd is on a distinguished road

Excellent! Thanks everyone for your help.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #8
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
My Name is Carpshooter and I hate Matt Mc pherson with a passion!!!!He served with me and now won't give me 3 new bows as a Pro!!!!! and as for cash he won't give me that either so now I'm on a personal crusade to rid the world of solo-Cam bows!!!!!Buy a Hoyt cause if I can twist Westy's Arm to buy one then anything is possible
We are trying to get buddy Westy to move his frig further away from the computer , so he'll at least have to get up for his next adult beverage and maybe sober up alittle !

Matt and me are best buddies !

Now you know and you are !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote