Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default carbon matrix torture test

i know this is old stuff but i had to watch this again. its sad what they do to my bow.


http://www.hoyt.com/videos/index.php...c4d549ababf56b
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

This is very sad !

I own one of the oldest tec bows ( an Alphatec ) and at least I'm trying to destroy it the normal way and it just keeps right on slinging arrows !

This is a crazy way , this video , on how to try to destroy those expensive quality bows , I just could not believe it , but those bows seem to survive !

I believe that I shoot the oldest Hoyt tec bows of anyone on this site , that Alphatec and my deer killing Accutec !

Guess since I got a Dodge Dakota 4X4 that I should do my own test , so Westy send me your bows , those other brand ones and then we can compare !


Last edited by Carpshooter; 02-12-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
i know this is old stuff but i had to watch this again. its sad what they do to my bow.


http://www.hoyt.com/videos/index.php...c4d549ababf56b
Was it just me but everytime they did something to the bows they took a shot of the bitumen road!!!!I thinks norm the sound guy runs in with a couple of new bows and runs off with the buggered ones!!!!IMO
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

It is amazing what they do to that bow and it still holds up
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default Here's a Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
It is amazing what they do to that bow and it still holds up
That was Me and Longcuts driving that Ute!!!!! And we were happy to do it for free????? Just to let you know
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Brown Hornet
Senior Member
 
Brown Hornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hornet's Nest
Posts: 511
Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
This is very sad !

I own one of the oldest tec bows ( an Alphatec ) and at least I'm trying to destroy it the normal way and it just keeps right on slinging arrows !

This is a crazy way , this video , on how to try to destroy those expensive quality bows , I just could not believe it , but those bows seem to survive !

I believe that I shoot the oldest Hoyt tec bows of anyone on this site , that Alphatec and my deer killing Accutec !

Guess since I got a Dodge Dakota 4X4 that I should do my own test , so Westy send me your bows , those other brand ones and then we can compare !


My first Hoyt was a boat anchor....I mean Alphatec I loved that thing. When I first started shooting indoors and 3D that was my bow....killed my first few deer with one also.

I also had a few Accu Tecs....my first pure target bow actually was an Accu Tec. I have had 3 or 4 of them also. Shot my first 300 with one and won my first indoor and ASA shoot with one.

the new carbon lines are ridiculously tough.....I love how people see these videos but worry about hitting them on something while hunting and swear they are going to break. Right I can drive one into a speed bump and use them as a ramp to change the oil on my car but bumping one is gonna crack the thing.

I just wish they would make a 38" version...I would order one very quickly if they did.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
My first Hoyt was a boat anchor....I mean Alphatec I loved that thing. When I first started shooting indoors and 3D that was my bow....killed my first few deer with one also.

I also had a few Accu Tecs....my first pure target bow actually was an Accu Tec. I have had 3 or 4 of them also. Shot my first 300 with one and won my first indoor and ASA shoot with one.

the new carbon lines are ridiculously tough.....I love how people see these videos but worry about hitting them on something while hunting and swear they are going to break. Right I can drive one into a speed bump and use them as a ramp to change the oil on my car but bumping one is gonna crack the thing.

I just wish they would make a 38" version...I would order one very quickly if they did.
yeah i will agree on the 38" version
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com