Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
sweet old bill
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 226
sweet old bill is on a distinguished road
Default bow sight tape software


is there a free software site available to get sight tape printed off your computer ? if not what are you using and how do they work ????
__________________
Bill Olmesdahl
Gibertville rod and gun club NY
Sand Dune archers of Myrtle Beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY
sweet old bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,517
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post
is there a free software site available to get sight tape printed off your computer ? if not what are you using and how do they work ????


http://www.huntsvillearcheryclub.com/free_software.htm


give this a try. I use it a couple times. had to run 4 or 5 tape before I got it right.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Last edited by longcut36; 03-09-2012 at 06:49 AM.
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
MickeyBee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 237
MickeyBee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post
.... if not what are you using and how do they work ????
I'm using Pin Wheel software which has a number of ways to get a tape.

Two ways I've tried that work well for me:

One way is that I shoot two differant yardages making temporary marks then measure the distance between those marks and feed it to the computer.

The other way is to measure the peep height and sight radius along with the results of a chrono (I bought a light kit for the chrono for better precision).

I've had great results with both methods with one exception which was off 3 yds @ 40. I believe the error was caused while trying to measure the peep height on a fat shaft suspended on a lizard tounge while the bow was held horizontally in a draw board. The next time I do that type of set-up the arrow will be clamped to the riser via an adjustable parrallel or the board will go verticle.
MickeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,517
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
I'm using Pin Wheel software which has a number of ways to get a tape.

Two ways I've tried that work well for me:

One way is that I shoot two differant yardages making temporary marks then measure the distance between those marks and feed it to the computer.

The other way is to measure the peep height and sight radius along with the results of a chrono (I bought a light kit for the chrono for better precision).

I've had great results with both methods with one exception which was off 3 yds @ 40. I believe the error was caused while trying to measure the peep height on a fat shaft suspended on a lizard tounge while the bow was held horizontally in a draw board. The next time I do that type of set-up the arrow will be clamped to the riser via an adjustable parrallel or the board will go verticle.

pin wheel is not a freebie is it.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
MickeyBee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 237
MickeyBee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
pin wheel is not a freebie is it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post
is there a free software site available to get sight tape printed off your computer ? if not what are you using and how do they work ????
After rereading, it seems that I have missinterpreted post #1. After you showed that free software does exist in post #2, sentence #2 in post #1 is no longer valid.

The one thing I can get right is the answer to your question which is:

Pin Wheel is not a freebee.
MickeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
pin wheel is not a freebie is it.
Only for the 1st 10 days or so!!! Longcuts it a great tool to have in your tool box,and sorry to here your arrows melted are you also now shooting a hoyt???
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,517
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Only for the 1st 10 days or so!!! Longcuts it a great tool to have in your tool box,and sorry to here your arrows melted are you

also now shooting a hoyt???
nope a Bowtech. if you spend your money you might as well get the best.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #8
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
nope a Bowtech. if you spend your money you might as well get the best.
Thats what they told me about Mathews????
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,517
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Thats what they told me about Mathews????
well you know I wouldnt lie to you. your my buddy.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
well you know I wouldnt lie to you. your my buddy.
THANX MATE!!!! now I'm off to shoot a club round \Paper Shoot if the rain ever stopsdon't want o get my paper wet do we????
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com