Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default Well Well Well Hoyt!!!!

Today i had the pleasure of taking my new Hoyt Element out for it's first test run and well all i can say is ""Bugger
Me"
this would have to be the nicest and sweetest bow to draw and shoot,thankyou Mr Hoyt!!!!Wilko why did you ever let it go?????That PSE must be magic like my pencil.Learned the hardway the hoyt have a offset for QAD HDx drop aways unlike Mathews bows,once that was sorted we were underway!!!Paper Tuned it and now have it sighted out to 50 meters thats 60 yards for you guys!!!! this thing is supose to be my hunting bow with 440 grain arrows but the way it shoots might not need the Vector turbo after all!!!! Well Gator and Carpshooter here I am eating my WORDS and having to say " I was Mistaken and you were closer to the truth than me,Hoyt Bloody Great Bows" Thanks Again Mr Hoyt I think I just creame my jeans

__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Today i had the pleasure of taking my new Hoyt Element out for it's first test run and well all i can say is ""Bugger
Me"
this would have to be the nicest and sweetest bow to draw and shoot,thankyou Mr Hoyt!!!!Wilko why did you ever let it go?????That PSE must be magic like my pencil.Learned the hardway the hoyt have a offset for QAD HDx drop aways unlike Mathews bows,once that was sorted we were underway!!!Paper Tuned it and now have it sighted out to 50 meters thats 60 yards for you guys!!!! this thing is supose to be my hunting bow with 440 grain arrows but the way it shoots might not need the Vector turbo after all!!!! Well Gator and Carpshooter here I am eating my WORDS and having to say " I was Mistaken and you were closer to the truth than me,Hoyt Bloody Great Bows" Thanks Again Mr Hoyt I think I just creame my jeans

glad you like youre new hoyt mr westy just because i shoot pse now i will still say that hoyt builds some mighty fine bows out there. i think that pse bows just fit my style of shooting better. and if you think the draw is nice on that hoyt well, you had better not pick up a pse evo7. ive been shooting bows since 1986 and it has to be the smoothest drawing bow i have ever put in my hands.
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

Westy , please do a good report on your expensive bow , that Hoyt element as it cost way too much for me , GOT TO KNOW JUST HOW IT SHOOTS !

Can't wait for you to get that other Hoyt bow also !


I think that PSE , who use to sell more bottom entry level affordable bows through the box stores and catolog houses than anyone else , have improved the greatest to compete with the best there is !

I have shot a Hoyt Katera XL a few years back , that my proshop fitted to me correctly and almost brought it , but I like the long ATA bows better !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
shark3
Senior Member
 
shark3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: just outside Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 405
shark3 has a spectacular aura aboutshark3 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I have shot a Hoyt Katera XL a few years back , that my proshop fitted to me correctly and almost brought it , but I like the long ATA bows better ! [/QUOTE]



i had a Katera XL but couldn't shoot it worth a poop. i sold it and bought it back a year later to try again with the same results. just didn't fit me i guess. but right know i am loven me some PSE.
__________________

Red. PSE Supra ME
Black. PSE Supra ME
shark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

To all you PSE shooters........................I'm sorry


To the newest Hoyt shooter............Don't beat all them PSE shooters to bad the first year or they won't want to play with ya again next year.



Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
To all you PSE shooters........................I'm sorry


To the newest Hoyt shooter............Don't beat all them PSE shooters to bad the first year or they won't want to play with ya again next year.



And thats all I have to say about that,Hoyt smoothest and sweetest shooting bow I've owned so far!!!!Experiance Counts so listen when it calls
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
And thats all I have to say about that,Hoyt smoothest and sweetest shooting bow I've owned so far!!!!Experiance Counts so listen when it calls
What experience is that , mate ?

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
What experience is that , mate ?

he's probably talking about the 82yrs they have been in the business.
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #9
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Am I missing something ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
he's probably talking about the 82yrs they have been in the business.
I thought he was talking about his first year , which is still now !


Last edited by Carpshooter; 04-05-2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #10
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I thought he was talking about his first year , which is still now !

Sorry to disapoint you old timer but I was shooting a Pse's long before all of you !!!!! I had me one of those 27 years ago it was a pse firefox and killed more pigs with that than most and a few other types of critters !!!!Pse the king of the dry fires and I should know,It's true this is my first year for the horizonially challenged bow but I'm getting use to second best now!!!!
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com