Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default Hunting arrows

Because of the cost and my lack of target shooting this year I decided to give up on my beloved ACC's and go with something cheaper for hunting.

What do you suggest for a good solid hunting shaft. I perfer something with the name Easton on the side but am willing to look at other American(or Aussie) made brands.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
rage-it
Senior Member
 
rage-it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,061
rage-it is on a distinguished road
Default

Fmj's a little cheaper that's what I use and they fly like darts

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
rage-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
wilkersonhunter
In God we trust
 
wilkersonhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: in gods country
Posts: 1,246
wilkersonhunter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
Because of the cost and my lack of target shooting this year I decided to give up on my beloved ACC's and go with something cheaper for hunting.

What do you suggest for a good solid hunting shaft. I perfer something with the name Easton on the side but am willing to look at other American(or Aussie) made brands.
Will have to agree with rage it. The fmj's are
Hard to beat.
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
truball shooting staff
2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
member of the 160" 8ptr club
[/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff
wilkersonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

The fmj,s are tough to beat ... But do to the economy ive ben experimenting with gold tip xt hunter good results so far.
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
Compound Comedian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 455
Compound Comedian is on a distinguished road
Default

alum arrows and acc's I believe are about the only shafts made in the USA, even easton all carbons are made in china now.
I use the cheapest grade of Gold Tip 7595 foir several years now, cut em on both ends to length and I cant see any difference between them and the gold label pro in actual results. Unless your a quiver snob? GT's and Vic's are made in Mexico, everything else all carbon is made in korea or china.
__________________
Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.
Compound Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
alum arrows and acc's I believe are about the only shafts made in the USA, even easton all carbons are made in china now.
I use the cheapest grade of Gold Tip 7595 foir several years now, cut em on both ends to length and I cant see any difference between them and the gold label pro in actual results. Unless your a quiver snob? GT's and Vic's are made in Mexico, everything else all carbon is made in korea or china.


Hummm I did not know this......may have to rethink things.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
longcut36
Senior Member
 
longcut36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: virginia
Posts: 3,510
longcut36 has a spectacular aura aboutlongcut36 has a spectacular aura about
Default

I have shot just about ever arrow made out of my hooter shooter back to 40 yards and the GT arrows will group as good as any. like C.C said cut both ends.
__________________
Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers
longcut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,203
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
I have shot just about ever arrow made out of my hooter shooter back to 40 yards and the GT arrows will group as good as any. like C.C said cut both ends.
Gt's Gattor I used FMJ's and wasn't really impressed at all????Shot a cat at 35Meters and the arrow shattered ,thats never happened with the Nuggents!!!!
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
J.C.
Senior Member
 
J.C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,675
J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough
Default

I like carbon express
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com