Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default Who's getting a .........

new bow this year?

What are you getting?

West-T where are the pics of the AE??? Isn't there a forum rule about it being manditory to post pics of any new or used bow someone buys?
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

I'm buying the grandkids another bow , one is not enough , as they no doubt want to grow up and be a great cold weather deer hunter and jerky maker like their bow shooting grandfather !

I just brought them another autoloading Remington 1187 , so they can shoot better than me , which many of them do now , as they want to beat me in archery now !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

What kind of bow you gonna buy them Gramp's?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

I got them a Mission Menace , it's a few years old now but works great !

I'm thinking of getting one of those Genises bows that is made by Mathews , so the girls can shoot it !

Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Gator eye

i looked at them for my daughter too, they look to be nice shooters. But if I remember right it wasn't a easy task to adjust the draw length (had to change the cam) as they grew so I went with a darton ranger for my oldest.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about

Photos are comming of the most awesome bow of the 20th century!!!!!!Look out here they come!!!!

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

No doubt , Bear is bringing back their " Jennings " Buckmaster bow , just like the originals hard to find ones !

.................................... .................................................. ...............................

Last edited by Carpshooter; 11-29-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Default Inquiry mind wants to know !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
i looked at them for my daughter too, they look to be nice shooters. But if I remember right it wasn't a easy task to adjust the draw length (had to change the cam) as they grew so I went with a darton ranger for my oldest.
Tell me more about that Darton ?

I do like that Mission Menace , very adjustable , will even fit me !

I need a simple bow for the girls to shoot , as they are always wanting to shoot bow !

I'm going to look at a used but not much Genisis bow !
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Stratcat

Stratcat is on a distinguished road

Here is my new bow.
It's a '13 Elite Hunter.
It is still season here in Illinois.
Attached Thumbnails
General Archery Forum - Click for larger version  
Stratcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #10
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat View Post
Here is my new bow.
It's a '13 Elite Hunter.
It is still season here in Illinois.
Nice ..........................

Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #11
Westy
Aussie Member

Well yours truely must have had serious rush of Red Mist this year!!!! I sat down and worked it out, that thanks to you guys I've had 12 bows this year alone and now after today I've just got 3 more ????WTF is wrong with me??? Ohh yerrrr I remember now!!!!! I'm a Mental Case!!!!! heres the Happy Birthday Bow Hoyt Alpha Elite 60# 300grn Gt 295 fps just for P****s and giggles what a nice bow to shoot love it!!!!!

Next the Comp bow for next year A.H.C (Australian Hunter Class)
Vector Turbo 60-70# set at 65# with 330grn Gt22 Pros arrows 315fps
what a Bitch to shoot but it is fast

My favorite and winner of many comps this year Mathews z7Mag 65#with 330grn Gt's massive 288fps and to think the IBO on this bow is 340fps

And last but not least as I find the T-Vector a Bitch to shoot so as of this arvo it looks like it has been benched even before the season has ended or started for that matter Hoyt Alpha Elite Black comes with both 50-60# limbs and 60-70# limbs 8 weeks old from the good old and A.t for $900-00 bare, Whats wrong with you guys????? He wanted a 2013 bow !!!!!
This will be my A.H.C Bow for 2013 love this bow as well thoughts on which limbs to run though???? Anyone????
Attached Thumbnails
General Archery Forum - Click for larger version   General Archery Forum - Click for larger version   General Archery Forum - Click for larger version   General Archery Forum - Click for larger version   General Archery Forum - Click for larger version  

Attached Images
General Archery Forum 

Last edited by Westy; 11-30-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #12
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

dbdcougar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Tell me more about that Darton ?
That's what the Princess started out on. (RangerIII) 15-45# and 17-28" draw length; pretty wide adjustment range; the only thing to be aware of its is doesn't have the high let off with all combinations.
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
Gator eye

The Darton Rangers are very solid shooters. My daughter used her's for 3 years and passed it along to her cousin who has been using it for the last 2.
The draw lengths are easily adjusted without a trip to the pro-shop just as long as you have a few basic tools and know how to tune a bow. Fast enough to shoot deer at low poundage too. My oldest shot two deer at 35 pounds with it and my nephew has 3 or 4 under his belt with it at around 40 to 45 pounds.
They have been out long enough a guy might be able to find a good used one although they are not a real pricey bow(compaired to a mathews) to begin with.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Gator eye

Dang West-T nice herd!

although how many time do i have to tell you?

Red bows shoot the best!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #15
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

I got a new target bow yesterday actually. Well it's new too me anyway.....

Got it all taken apart and cleaned up last night and the correct cams put on. Gotta build a new string today so I can shoot it a little and start playing with the stabs a bit until my new string material comes and I can build a set next week.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Damn , I bet that our buddy Westy can pick up more stastions than Gator with that one bow .................................... .................

My spot bow looks simple , thanks to the Kiss rule !

Old 11-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
I got a new target bow yesterday actually. Well it's new too me anyway.....

Got it all taken apart and cleaned up last night and the correct cams put on. Gotta build a new string today so I can shoot it a little and start playing with the stabs a bit until my new string material comes and I can build a set next week.
What did you get Hornet?.......I know you usually don't buy new so it should be a good one.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Damn , I bet that our buddy Westy can pick up more stastions than Gator with that one bow .................................... .................

My spot bow looks simple , thanks to the Kiss rule !

RUMOR

lets see it Carp.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #19
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Well yours truely must have had serious rush of Red Mist this year!!!! I sat down and worked it out, that thanks to you guys I've had 12 bows this year alone and now after today I've just got 3 more ????WTF is wrong with me??? Ohh yerrrr I remember now!!!!! I'm a Mental Case!!!!! heres the Happy Birthday Bow Hoyt Alpha Elite 60# 300grn Gt 295 fps just for P****s and giggles what a nice bow to shoot love it!!!!!

Next the Comp bow for next year A.H.C (Australian Hunter Class)
Vector Turbo 60-70# set at 65# with 330grn Gt22 Pros arrows 315fps
what a Bitch to shoot but it is fast

My favorite and winner of many comps this year Mathews z7Mag 65#with 330grn Gt's massive 288fps and to think the IBO on this bow is 340fps

And last but not least as I find the T-Vector a Bitch to shoot so as of this arvo it looks like it has been benched even before the season has ended or started for that matter Hoyt Alpha Elite Black comes with both 50-60# limbs and 60-70# limbs 8 weeks old from the good old and A.t for $900-00 bare, Whats wrong with you guys????? He wanted a 2013 bow !!!!!
This will be my A.H.C Bow for 2013 love this bow as well thoughts on which limbs to run though???? Anyone????

Those 60 to 70 pound limbs would sure throw a arrow.....how those shoulders mate?
I use to pull back 70 like nobodies business 10 years ago. 65 makes me grunt anymore, when I get down to 60 and under it gets comfortable and steady for target. If you struggle to draw 70 are you gaining enough speed to make up for the unstable sight pic?
I think my 50 to 60 pound limbs on my AE topped out around 63 pounds once I had it set up.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #20
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Those 60 to 70 pound limbs would sure throw a arrow.....how those shoulders mate?
I use to pull back 70 like nobodies business 10 years ago. 65 makes me grunt anymore, when I get down to 60 and under it gets comfortable and steady for target. If you struggle to draw 70 are you gaining enough speed to make up for the unstable sight pic?
I think my 50 to 60 pound limbs on my AE topped out around 63 pounds once I had it set up.
Thats what I'm asking Gator is 63 -63 as the rumour says a bow works better at the top end of it range than in the lower end of it's range????I'd reckon 63 would hoot like 63 no matter what range it was in????Am I right or wrong????

Thanks Mate

Old 12-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
WCH

WCH is on a distinguished road

I'm debating, been away for a couple years, can't decide if I want to stick with what I got or get a supra max....decisions, decisions.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #22
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm debating, been away for a couple years, can't decide if I want to stick with what I got or get a supra max....decisions, decisions.
Go for it , and make some of our buddies here , Gator and Westy " jealous " !

Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
WCH

WCH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Go for it , and make some of our buddies here , Gator and Westy " jealous " !

Haha, I'm thinking long and hard the specs are exactly what I've wanted for years, if I can sell my two bows and cover the cost I may just do it. Would love to get my hands on one.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #24
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Nothing planned, but I if inherit $$(not) or hit the lottery I'll try one of those OK Archery bows from Germany. Twin cam simplicity. X cable bow. Wish Martin still made one but with a parrallel design.

Last edited by red44; 12-02-2012 at 06:51 PM.
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

I try to buy a weapon every year...

Just looked at the Creed and its $999...

So thats a NO...

My BMXL will work fine for a while...

Have not been shooting as much as previous years, so I guess I will invest in an AR-15 this year...

Never owned one and might as well get one before the LOSER IN CHEIF takes away the ability to leagally obtain one...
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Talking A little known fact !

If I had inlimited funds , I'd buy as new long ATA Hoyt bow and maybe be a closer buddy to those here who shoot them bows , until than , I'm just a cheapskate and proud of it !
Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #27
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

So thats a NO...

Have not been shooting as much as previous years, so I guess I will invest in an AR-15 this year...

Never owned one and might as well get one before the LOSER IN CHEIF takes away the ability to leagally obtain one...
Get in Quick as they took our's away from us Down under!!!!Funny how not many made it to the buy back scheme though???? Wonder were they all went?????

Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #28
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

I'll maybe just buy some new broadheads this year , after my spitfire head did not open , I'm buying rage !

Now you know and you are !
Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #29
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Thats what I'm asking Gator is 63 -63 as the rumour says a bow works better at the top end of it range than in the lower end of it's range????I'd reckon 63 would hoot like 63 no matter what range it was in????Am I right or wrong????

Thanks Mate
I think bow's shoot better when maxed out is a urban myth.

At least I never found that is the case. My bows always shoot better when I match the pounds to the weight of the bow, and what I feel is a comfortable hold weight to give me a clean release.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #30
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

So thats a NO...

Don't forget that ammo.

Wouldn't be surprise to see ammo taxes goes the way of cigarette taxes. If they can't get rid of the guns they will try to out price the average slob on ammo cost.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #31
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
I think bow's shoot better when maxed out is a urban myth.

At least I never found that is the case. My bows always shoot better when I match the pounds to the weight of the bow, and what I feel is a comfortable hold weight to give me a clean release.
I'm with you on this one mate!!!!!People still seem to insist that they work better in the top of the range and not down low??????FFS they should just shut the hell up ,IMHO

Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #32
Brown Hornet

Quote:
What did you get Hornet?.......I know you usually don't buy new so it should be a good one.
Sorry buddy...I totally forgot to get back to ya
Attached Thumbnails
Old 12-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #33
Brown Hornet

Quote:
If I had inlimited funds , I'd buy as new long ATA Hoyt bow and maybe be a closer buddy to those here who shoot them bows , until than , I'm just a cheapskate and proud of it !
I am a cheapskate also...only because funds are tight though....that new to me VE didn't cost me but $25 Well $25 more then I sold one of my Katera XLs for
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #34
MrSinister

MrSinister is on a distinguished road

Tradtech titan as soon as lancaster gets it out the door. Keep checking to see if it says shipped and it still says processing......
MrSinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #35
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

Quote:
I am a cheapskate also...only because funds are tight though....that new to me VE didn't cost me but $25 Well $25 more then I sold one of my Katera XLs for
How did you like your Katera XL , as I almost brought one , when they were the latest and greatest , but figured that I could get by with what I have ?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #36
Brown Hornet

Quote:
How did you like your Katera XL , as I almost brought one , when they were the latest and greatest , but figured that I could get by with what I have ?

I loved it...I had two of them. Very good shooting bow....I shot PB after PB with it outside. Super smooth....aimed great...quick enough for field, 3D, and hunting even at 27.75".

I will miss them for sure.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #37
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
I loved it...I had two of them. Very good shooting bow....I shot PB after PB with it outside. Super smooth....aimed great...quick enough for field, 3D, and hunting even at 27.75".

I will miss them for sure.
You look 6'3" in the photos Mate!!!! --------------------- Sorry Mate Am I Bad?????

Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #38
Gator eye

That bow almost has a look of camo to it.

Is it a custom color? it doesn't look like anything on the hoyt site.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #39
Westy
Aussie Member

Default Here's what I think about that Hoyt colour

http://youtu.be/ZUQ1LXCA6t0

Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #40
Brown Hornet

Quote:
That bow almost has a look of camo to it.

Is it a custom color? it doesn't look like anything on the hoyt site.
No it's not a custom color....it's not a 2013 model either