Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Shooting lanes

I'm hunting in thick timber , that I cut shooting lanes other wise your arrow has a good chance of hitting a twig ot branch .

I think that I'm the only one there doing that , cause others complain about misses that they know they were right on , guess they are too lazy to take the time and cut !

How many lanes do you cut , I usually do three , but did four this time ?

Like am I the only one here ?
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
rage-it
Senior Member
 
rage-it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,061
rage-it is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I'm hunting in thick timber , that I cut shooting lanes other wise your arrow has a good chance of hitting a twig ot branch .

I think that I'm the only one there doing that , cause others complain about misses that they know they were right on , guess they are too lazy to take the time and cut !

How many lanes do you cut , I usually do three , but did four this time ?

Like am I the only one here ?
Im here but now in gone got to choke more chickens now

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
rage-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Gator eye
Senior Member
 
Gator eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the horn of Michigan
Posts: 7,185
Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough
Default

What?? cut lanes and lose my best excuses?

I don't think so Vern.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Whats a lane and Who the hell is vern?????I don't cut lanes mate as we don't shoot from tree stands although in saying this we do clear some over hanging scrub when we shoot from a blind ,but we shoot over baits normally!!!!hope this helps and now you know your
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

HEY I AM A LANE!! If you want me to move out of your way just ask dont have to cut me!!!..........................
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

Westy , baiting is illegal here in " The Tall Corn State " and most of us don't shoot pen held critters neither !

Now you know and you are !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Westy , baiting is illegal here in " The Tall Corn State " and most of us don't shoot pen held critters neither !

Now you know and you are !
Well as you know anything goes here!!!!just don't get caught doing it!!!!!!I thought you would be the grand master of Baiting C.S???? that would make you the Grand Master Baiter then wouldn't it?????LOL
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Well as you know anything goes here!!!!just don't get caught doing it!!!!!!I thought you would be the grand master of Baiting C.S???? that would make you the Grand Master Baiter then wouldn't it?????LOL
Westy , how is everyone here going to admire " yours truly " knowing that I have to cheat ?

Have I not stated that this year I'm not joining the orange army and will be using them to my advantage , as I wait with bow in hand for those gun guys to chase deer into my killing zone as I wait ?

I'll let them ( that orange army ) do all the chasing this season and see how it works out , mate !

Now you know and you are !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Ohansolo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 229
Ohansolo is on a distinguished road
Default

I don't cut lanes. just if i can see something i want out of the way, then i cut.
Ohansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohansolo View Post
I don't cut lanes. just if i can see something i want out of the way, then i cut.
This reminds me of a guy a few years ago , who also hunted the same timber as " yours truly " at the same time . Well this guy also never cut out shooting lanes , mostly because he switches stands , as he always moving his around !

He was getting alot of shots , claimed he shot 19 times , hit 10 deer and had not one to show for it that year in January , as they all got away !

He'll just have to learn on his own , as he has now moved next to me this season , but I doubt if he cuts any SHOOTING LANES !

I don't like a surprise deflection on my arrow while in flight , cause chasing a wounded deer around , just sucks !

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

I use to hunt with a guy like that he was scared the deer would see him. Finaly after 2yrs of trying to help him out i never invited him along anymore....
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #12
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm
 
dbdcougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,354
dbdcougar will become famous soon enough
Default

I've done a bunch of cutting on my place; including with the chain saw; other's property I don't of course.
__________________
Bear Grizzly, Easton XX75 Legacy
Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
FBSA emertus
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #13
Ohansolo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 229
Ohansolo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
This reminds me of a guy a few years ago , who also hunted the same timber as " yours truly " at the same time . Well this guy also never cut out shooting lanes , mostly because he switches stands , as he always moving his around !

He was getting alot of shots , claimed he shot 19 times , hit 10 deer and had not one to show for it that year in January , as they all got away !

He'll just have to learn on his own , as he has now moved next to me this season , but I doubt if he cuts any SHOOTING LANES !

I don't like a surprise deflection on my arrow while in flight , cause chasing a wounded deer around , just sucks !

I have never lost a deer because of a deflected arrow. I have made bad shots and lost deer. I do cut just not what i would think of as a lane. I have a friend who takes out trees until you could drive a truck down his lanes. I just pick my spots and cut what I have to and no more. I have only let 2 arrows fly in the woods that didn't result in me dragging a deer. to each their own i guess.
Ohansolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default Hows this for random?????

I've just been out clearing my shooting lanes ,but as normal i thik i've gone alittle overboard .................................. .. I've never seen a shooting lane but
i've seen a 10 Pin Bowling Lane


Me at Work clearing those lanes


http://youtu.be/aMfToF3dAKA
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

What are you planing on shooting, thats a landing strip not a shooting lane.........
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #16
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
What are you planing on shooting, thats a landing strip not a shooting lane.........
Something called a B-52 what ever that is????? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #17
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm
 
dbdcougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,354
dbdcougar will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
I've just been out clearing my shooting lanes ,but as normal i thik i've gone alittle overboard .................................. .. I've never seen a shooting lane but
i've seen a 10 Pin Bowling Lane


Me at Work clearing those lanes


http://youtu.be/aMfToF3dAKA
Once that saw is up and running it's like a pull on your brain - what else can I cut, what else can I cut..........
__________________
Bear Grizzly, Easton XX75 Legacy
Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
FBSA emertus
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #18
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
Once that saw is up and running it's like a pull on your brain - what else can I cut, what else can I cut..........
you got that right DBD !!!! It must be in our DNA to be like that?????
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Something called a B-52 what ever that is????? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,


Now thats big game....be carefull i heard they shoot back........
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

My shooting lanes !

I just clear a few branches not all !
Attached Thumbnails
Bowhunting forum - Click for larger version   Bowhunting forum - Click for larger version   Bowhunting forum - Click for larger version   Bowhunting forum - Click for larger version   Bowhunting forum - Click for larger version  

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #21
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Nice work mate ,no snow on the ground for Christmas Ehh????? How far is that fence Bro??? and Last of all Merry Christmas 2 you and Becky Mate!!!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #22
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Nice work mate ,no snow on the ground for Christmas Ehh????? How far is that fence Bro??? and Last of all Merry Christmas 2 you and Becky Mate!!!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Less than 20 yards to that fence !

Got the bigger doe on the other side at 20 yards !

These photos are a few weeks old as we got snow now , but haven't been on stand hanging out with my beloved " Jennings Buckmaster " there lately !

Wishing you a " Merry Christmas " too , mate .
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com