Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Westy
Aussie Member

Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default Releases!!!!!!

Look iknow everyones different (Carpshooter) but i'm in the market for a 3d Release andi was wanting to know what you all thought was a fair thing to buy?? So Show me yours and tell me why you like it so much!!!!!

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

didnt cost a dime and I'll never lose it
Attached Thumbnails
General Archery Forum - Click for larger version  
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #3
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
didnt cost a dime and I'll never lose it
Well thats O.K for the novices but we want to see the real thing Tonto!!!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

what type are you thinking? thumb? or hinge?
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
what type are you thinking? thumb? or hinge?
Thumb!!!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

I ve used a just-b-cause from carter and had good luck with it, but I switch to a stan shootoff just because there is so much adjustment to the thing. There are no springs to change just a adjustment screw, it has a smooth crisp release and easy to reset. Only down side I've found with mine is it like to eat D-loops for some reason. I ve sent it back to Stan and they have rebuilt it but when I'm shooting alot I'll go through a d-loop just about every month.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
I ve used a just-b-cause from carter and had good luck with it, but I switch to a stan shootoff just because there is so much adjustment to the thing. There are no springs to change just a adjustment screw, it has a smooth crisp release and easy to reset. Only down side I've found with mine is it like to eat D-loops for some reason. I ve sent it back to Stan and they have rebuilt it but when I'm shooting alot I'll go through a d-loop just about every month.
I've looked at the stan and they get pretty good raps online!!They want something like

$250.00 for them here is that normal??//

Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Well thats O.K for the novices but we want to see the real thing Tonto!!!!!
look at the Tru Ball Boss series

http://www.truball.com/BossX.html
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
J.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
I've looked at the stan and they get pretty good raps online!!They want something like

$250.00 for them here is that normal??//
$185 here, not sure what the exchange rate is
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
$185 here, not sure what the exchange rate is
$1.06 for one Aussie doller!!!!! The big killer is the shipping just C,S he knows!!!!!! Might check out Fleabay and have a look!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #11
Gator eye

Check with Chris here at the top of the page, he always has good prices.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Check with Chris here at the top of the page, he always has good prices.
No worries Mate Didn't even think!!!!!! I'll get to it!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #13
muck

muck is on a distinguished road

i have 2 carter just b cuz, both blue but one is set a little more sensitive. never know witch one i grab
muck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
MrSinister

MrSinister is on a distinguished road

I have a TRU Ball Extreme Talon head I am letting go. They are like the chappy boss but with the shorter Extreme configuration. I like them and have shot them for years but am currently trying to switch over to a hinge release and don't need the temptation of the thumb release lying around. I have used the Extreme and chappy boss with talon head for years as a hunting and 3D release. They just work very well and are easy to adapt to.
MrSinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #15
Carpshooter
Recycle archer

Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

Except for shooting spots ( which is what buddy Gator likes to shoot ) , I use a Scott's Mongoose for 3D and hunting !

I use fingers for shooting underwater critters and to flip off my friends also !

Now you know and you are !
Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #16
Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough

I have shot and messed with a good number of releases....there are TONS of great releases out there.

But my current release and the one I have been shooting since the spring of 2010 is the Scott Mini Blackhole. I love this release...it fits my hand very well and is super comfortable. I shoot it with the click moon...I actually talked to Eric Griggs about getting a BIGGER click then the stock .008 or .010 and my new .014 click moon arrived today. I just got it set a bit ago.

I love this release....although I I'll be adding a Scott Longhorn Mini Pro Advantage to the release bad soon...also with a .014 click.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355621086.147979.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	26400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #17
Gator eye

Was the .014 clicker something they stocked or was it specially made?

I still sometimes jump at the click, I believe I have the .010 on my longhorn now.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #18
Brown Hornet

They stock moons with clicks up to .018 maybe .020. The one I have is a limited stock item as it has a .014 click on both sides of the moon.

If your jumping at the click....you need to either change how your shooting the click or speed it up so you get to it faster. When you shoot a click you shouldn't be in the shot AT ALL when it clicks. It should either click right after you hit your anchor or right as you settle in. You don't want to be aiming at all when it clicks. Mine clicks before I even look through the peep.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
tedlebo

tedlebo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
They stock moons with clicks up to .018 maybe .020. The one I have is a limited stock item as it has a .014 click on both sides of the moon.

If your jumping at the click....you need to either change how your shooting the click or speed it up so you get to it faster. When you shoot a click you shouldn't be in the shot AT ALL when it clicks. It should either click right after you hit your anchor or right as you settle in. You don't want to be aiming at all when it clicks. Mine clicks before I even look through the peep.
Unless you're a guy like me; I have amplifiers in my ears which makes that click pretty loud. But yeah, the click should be reached BEFORE you start aiming. And that black hole IS a pretty nice unit.
tedlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #20
MickeyBee

MickeyBee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
..... Only down side I've found with mine is it like to eat D-loops for some reason....
Mine used to do the same thing. There is a machined notch where the tip of the hook resides when it is set. I took a small jewelers file and removed the sharp edges from that feature (can't be afraid to remove some material). Also, and where the loop comes into contact with the hook, used a ruby stone to smooth out the transition from the radius and the flat surfaces. A good buffing with some diamond compound and I have never had a problem since.
MickeyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 AM   #21
Brown Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlebo View Post
Unless you're a guy like me; I have amplifiers in my ears which makes that click pretty loud. But yeah, the click should be reached BEFORE you start aiming. And that black hole IS a pretty nice unit.
It is audible of course....but reaching it as soon as I hit my anchor makes it a "mute" point

If you have hearing like Superman....then check out a STAN. Their click is VERY soft. The click is on the hasp instead of the moon so it is more of a bump then a click. Stay away from a Zenith though....that thing would make Helen Keller jump
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #22
Westy
Aussie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
It is audible of course....but reaching it as soon as I hit my anchor makes it a "mute" point

If you have hearing like Superman....then check out a STAN. Their click is VERY soft. The click is on the hasp instead of the moon so it is more of a bump then a click. Stay away from a Zenith though....that thing would make Helen Keller jump
HELEN KELLER -------------------LOL ============================= ==================================== === now thats Bloody Funny Mate!!!!!