Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default New bow

been waiting 6 weeks, my new hoyt spyder suppose to be here tomorrow. i am like a kid on christmas eve. going with the stay hogg sights, and a break away arrow rest leaving that and the stabilizer up to the guy at the archery shop. shooting a true ball release and gold tip arrows. got it in black instead of camo.if i can figure out how to post pics i will .but when it comes to computers, i am not the shiniest bulb on the tree. but i know that whatever the weather brings tomorrow i will be out shooting that bow. you can bet on that.
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Pappy
Senior Member
 
Pappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
Pappy is on a distinguished road
Default Nice

Nice......Congrats.....Looking forward to seeing it....
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks pappy
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking A little known fact !

Fee free to show your new bow off !

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Hutch
HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC
 
Hutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gilmanton, NH
Posts: 615
Hutch will become famous soon enough
Default

I'd be the same way going nuts waiting!
Congrats!!
Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics !
__________________
Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open
Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
Fee free to show your new bow off !

if i can figure out how to put up pics iwill thanks bro
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
I'd be the same way going nuts waiting!
Congrats!!
Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics !
thanks hutch next thing some custom bow strings wink wink wink. will be hitting u up soon
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT

Last edited by big bear; 02-10-2013 at 05:21 PM.
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
Hutch
HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC
 
Hutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gilmanton, NH
Posts: 615
Hutch will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bear View Post
thanks hutch next thing some custom bow strings wink wink wink. will be hitting u up soon
We will fix you up! (with strings) <-- so Carpy can't take it out of context!


Hutch
__________________
Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open
Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
duanelane
Senior Member
 
duanelane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BF IOWA
Posts: 1,534
duanelane will become famous soon enough
Default

Sounds like a good set up,the wait could kill a guy......If i can figure out how to post a picture anyone can......
duanelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
Sounds like a good set up,the wait could kill a guy......If i can figure out how to post a picture anyone can......
thanks duane
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
Pappy
Senior Member
 
Pappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
Pappy is on a distinguished road
Default Bow

Nothing like getting a new Bow.....I have one in VA being hydro dipped

The guy called the other day and asked me if he could re-do it....he wanted to use a different base coat...I said sure...now I am itching to get it back....

Get those pics up man...and post

you can go to photo bucket and host them and copy the link and post them here....

or send me the pics and I will post for ya.....
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #12
Hawkins305
penseeker2
 
Hawkins305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ellettsville, Indiana
Posts: 205
Hawkins305 is on a distinguished road
Default

That is great news, can't wait to see pics.

I sold my C-4 and my M-7......but not sure if I need a new bow or just be happy with the one I'm shooting.
__________________
Specialist Hawkins "Retired"
NFAA Member
Custom Zona Longbow By;Bill Griffen
http://picasaweb.google.com/hawkinsc...vCxebR17mswwE#
Hawkins305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #13
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Nothing like getting a new Bow.....I have one in VA being hydro dipped

The guy called the other day and asked me if he could re-do it....he wanted to use a different base coat...I said sure...now I am itching to get it back....

Get those pics up man...and post

you can go to photo bucket and host them and copy the link and post them here....

or send me the pics and I will post for ya.....
thank you pappy
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #14
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins305 View Post
That is great news, can't wait to see pics.

I sold my C-4 and my M-7......but not sure if I need a new bow or just be happy with the one I'm shooting.
will try to get pics soon
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
Brown Hornet
Senior Member
 
Brown Hornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hornet's Nest
Posts: 511
Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default

Congrats on the new bow.....I shot the Spyders the week after they came out. I LOVE Hoyts...But this lineup was the 1st one in a while that made me say WOW when I drew one back the 1st time. Hoyt hit a HR with the Spyder line.

Wish I had the $$$ for a new Spyder Turbo and a Pro Comp

That being said.....I love the sight choice. Spot Hogg is hard to beat.

But I wouldn't leave the rest and for sure not the stabs up to a shop to pick for me..... Find out what to you need and like and get it put on YOUR setup.
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #16
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
Congrats on the new bow.....I shot the Spyders the week after they came out. I LOVE Hoyts...But this lineup was the 1st one in a while that made me say WOW when I drew one back the 1st time. Hoyt hit a HR with the Spyder line.

Wish I had the $$$ for a new Spyder Turbo and a Pro Comp

That being said.....I love the sight choice. Spot Hogg is hard to beat.

But I wouldn't leave the rest and for sure not the stabs up to a shop to pick for me..... Find out what to you need and like and get it put on YOUR setup.
THANKS BUDDY I DID JUST THAT PUT A HD ULTRA REST ON HER AND A FUSE STABILIZER. PICS COMING SOON
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
Brown Hornet
Senior Member
 
Brown Hornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hornet's Nest
Posts: 511
Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bear View Post
THANKS BUDDY I DID JUST THAT PUT A HD ULTRA REST ON HER AND A FUSE STABILIZER. PICS COMING SOON
Good stuff....well good that YOU picked good stuff for YOUR bow I don't know if I would have picked those for my bow though

Just kidding of course....but no seriously....I would have gone another route....but I am an archery snob with my gear But don't take that comment the wrong way. You picked good stuff I have setup many a bow with those...and have even shot them. Just not what I prefer for me.

Now if I can get everyone to stop referring to their bows as "her" I will be happy.....I never got that one. I love ladies...and love my bows. But my bow aint a lady...and I don't treat it like one. It's an item that I take to battle with me...be it in the woods or on a course for competition....the last thing I want with me when chit hits the fan is a pretty lady
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
big bear
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: WESTERN KY
Posts: 59
big bear is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
Good stuff....well good that YOU picked good stuff for YOUR bow I don't know if I would have picked those for my bow though

Just kidding of course....but no seriously....I would have gone another route....but I am an archery snob with my gear But don't take that comment the wrong way. You picked good stuff I have setup many a bow with those...and have even shot them. Just not what I prefer for me.

Now if I can get everyone to stop referring to their bows as "her" I will be happy.....I never got that one. I love ladies...and love my bows. But my bow aint a lady...and I don't treat it like one. It's an item that I take to battle with me...be it in the woods or on a course for competition....the last thing I want with me when chit hits the fan is a pretty lady
I WILL REFRAIN FROM THAT IN THE FUTURE AND REFER TO MY BOY AS KILLER PSYCHO
__________________
LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT
big bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #19
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

Where's that new bow ?

Man-card problems or what ? .................................... ...

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
Hutch
HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC
 
Hutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gilmanton, NH
Posts: 615
Hutch will become famous soon enough
Default

I don't know Carpy, he might not want to show it. He knows its gonna be hard to beat that jennings buck master!








Hutch
__________________
Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open
Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #21
Pappy
Senior Member
 
Pappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 157
Pappy is on a distinguished road
Default Hum

he is saving all that Bow Porn for himself.....
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #22
Westy
Aussie Member
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cleveland Australia
Posts: 8,204
Westy has a spectacular aura aboutWesty has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
I don't know Carpy, he might not want to show it. He knows its gonna be hard to beat that jennings buck master!








Hutch
What about a PSE Stingray?????Woul;d that beat it Hutch??????
__________________
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #23
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Inquiry mind wants to know !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
What about a PSE Stingray?????Woul;d that beat it Hutch??????
Are you now going to get a PSE or what ?



Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Brown Hornet
Senior Member
 
Brown Hornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hornet's Nest
Posts: 511
Brown Hornet will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bear View Post
I WILL REFRAIN FROM THAT IN THE FUTURE AND REFER TO MY BOY AS KILLER PSYCHO
You don't have to go that far buddy....

My Vantage Elite was named by a friend at work when it came in....he isn't a shooter at all. Never even fired a bow....and he had no idea about my archery nickname. But when I pulled the bow out of the box...it took him all of about 3 secs to say... "look at that thing...that's bad arse...it's the Green Goblin" The name stuck
Brown Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #25
Carpshooter
Recycle archer
 
Carpshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: westcentral Iowa
Posts: 13,901
Carpshooter will become famous soon enoughCarpshooter will become famous soon enough
Talking Here's what I think !

We still need photos !

Carpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com