Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 09-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
LeepFROG
LeepFROG

LeepFROG is on a distinguished road
Default Any and all help would be appreciated

I'm new to archery been shooting for about 2 months now just about everyday. I have all my gear (minus a few things range finder bino's etc) I have a spot to hunt someone to show me the ropes. Got a few leads on deer in the area from cameras, scouted my terrain and seen quite a few big bucks shocking for the size of the land I'm able to hunt but is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting a deer this season. I looked and there is a 3d shoot the week before season starts I've been strongly thinking about attending other then that I'm out of ideas so any of yours would greatly be appreciated

Thanks for reading and happy hunting
LeepFROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Any opportunity you can shoot you bow is a plus. 3Ds are a blast, and can help you judging distance. especially if you spot/stalk.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

Always pay attention to wind direction when going out to hunt. We do what we can to reduce our scent but if it's a bad wind direction for a particular stand, don't sit in it. They don't need to smell YOU but only that something doesn't smell right, and they melt away. Pay attention to the wind direction.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
tazzman

tazzman is on a distinguished road
Default If you hunt in a stand or a blind...

Do a little setup for distances. Use forestry tape to identify known distances to help you estimate distances quickly.
Cheers,
Phil aka tazzman
tazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeepFROG View Post
I'm new to archery been shooting for about 2 months now just about everyday. I have all my gear (minus a few things range finder bino's etc) I have a spot to hunt someone to show me the ropes. Got a few leads on deer in the area from cameras, scouted my terrain and seen quite a few big bucks shocking for the size of the land I'm able to hunt but is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting a deer this season. I looked and there is a 3d shoot the week before season starts I've been strongly thinking about attending other then that I'm out of ideas so any of yours would greatly be appreciated

Thanks for reading and happy hunting
make all movements is super slow motion and tight up against the body
if you are starting to draw or at full draw and the deer makes you go ahead and complete it and make the shot

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
dbdcougar
He Who Drops His Bow Arm

dbdcougar will become famous soon enough

I much prefer to be elevated, a good stand of whatever type you prefer is pretty high on my list. Death from above!
dbdcougar is offline   Reply With Quote