Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 08-26-2004, 03:55 PM   #1
wood in Central Virginia

Default Pendulum Sights? Are they accurate ?

Please give us the advantage of your hunting experiences. Anyone..
Old 08-26-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
Durangolt32

Durangolt32 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Durangolt32
Default pendulum sights

I would like to know about pendulum sights also. I am fairly new to archery and heard of these but have never know anyone thus far to have one. Am interested in exactly how they work and how accurate they are.
Durangolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:20 PM   #3
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I have been shooting pendulums for a few years. Started with the keller and now shot a Toxonics sniper.

I like the sniper because it has two adjustments to it. I don't believe that a single swing is enough to get you sighted in accurately. Now if you bow is really fast it is probably fine. You sight in the tox on the ground and the adjust the tilt in the treestand. Then you just re-check it on the ground and it is usually perfect.

As you tilt your bow toward the ground, the pendulum swings out and this causes the pin to rise in the sight window. This would be the same as the pin moving from the 20yd mark to the 10 yard mark. This makes the bow shoot lower because the animal is closer.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know. I'll try to explain it better.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:22 PM   #4
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

A couple more things...

If you are hunting very hilly ground, do not shoot a pendulum. If your stand is on the side of a steep hill or ravin, stick with fixed pins.

If your treestand area is fairly flat, then it's great, just put the pin on them and shoot.
No thinking about it. They are usually good out till about 30yds. Could be more if your bow is fast.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Wolverine

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Default Pendulums

Chris pretty much covered it all but, I've shot several types over the years revealing some are better than others. I have killed well over 30 deer with a pendulum. Pins and pendulums have their places. My 2 cents.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote