Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

kbohunt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kbohunt
Default shrink a pic

Can someone tell me how to shrink a pic that i have taken to fit.
I can post pic's already taken.
but when i try to upload a pic that ive just taken its telling me my file size is to large.i just want to show my rig.thanks

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
Arrows..beman ICS hunter
SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
FBSA-MEMBER
Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A
kbohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Depending on the software you have you may need to do a Save-As and change the size as you save it to a lower pixel count on the X and Y axis.
In photo paint 6 you click on Image -> Resample and pick the image size you want. Then you have to save it to another file name if you want to keep the original...

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
Can someone tell me how to shrink a pic that i have taken to fit.
I can post pic's already taken.
but when i try to upload a pic that ive just taken its telling me my file size is to large.i just want to show my rig.thanks
Just ask tha Big D ,after all he is tha site Guru> and You can count on it>

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

The best thing I've found is the Microsoft PowerToys Image Resizer. Works well and is insanely easy to use

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

click on ImageResizer (its about 3/4 of the way down). Once you install it all you have to do is right click on the image and there is and option to "Resize Pic" and then it gives you 4 options. One will fit what you are looking for.

If you need more info let me know but this is by far the best and easiest way to do it without making your pic look like crap
Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #5
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

Default dred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
The best thing I've found is the Microsoft PowerToys Image Resizer. Works well and is insanely easy to use

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

click on ImageResizer (its about 3/4 of the way down). Once you install it all you have to do is right click on the image and there is and option to "Resize Pic" and then it gives you 4 options. One will fit what you are looking for.

If you need more info let me know but this is by far the best and easiest way to do it without making your pic look like crap
Thank's dred im not to good with these typing gadget's.

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
FBSA-MEMBER
Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
Thank's dred im not to good with these typing gadget's.
here try this......

1) you already have your pics in either your, my pictures or my documents....so that takes care of that step....
2) you can edit the size really easy...get the picture up on the screen....right click the picture and click edit.....there will be 4 or 5 choices on the top left (should be)
3)click image and then click stretch and skew.....
4)when the next screen comes up you can change the 100% values on each to any value you want....a good place to start is w/60% in both of the boxes for stretch.....click save.....

now you can go to the desired web site and start a new post or add too a current one.....

lets just use 3-dshoots.com for a second....

Click start a new thread in the section you want the pics in....now the screen comes up where you type in what you want to say....this part you know how to do....

you can put words in there if you want...... before you click post reply, you need to scroll down a little bit to where you see additional options, its right under the submit reply or preview post.....

you will see a box that you can click that says manage attachments, click on that....

a new window will pop up and it will have near the top a open box that says "upload file from your computer" above it in small print

next to that are 2 boxes that say, browse, then the next says upload.....

click browse and go get your pic from the file that is saved in your computer, double click the picture you want to post...

it will show up in the upload file from your computer box, now click upload.....it will show you some little green uploading box, wait till it is done loading, you may need to resize again if its still too big.....if not go to the next step.....

there will be a place that says attachments.....now click close this window....now go ahead and click submit reply.....it will post your reply and your pics.....

it sounds like alot but really after you do it 2 times you going to say wow this is easy....

I really hope this helps.....and I promise it looks like alot to do but when you got your first bow, gun, car, chainsaw, or atv, it looked like alot of things to remember right?? well after you did it a couple of times it was like second nature.....
Old 04-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
kbohunt
are u a fat boy?

Default im tryin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
here try this......

1) you already have your pics in either your, my pictures or my documents....so that takes care of that step....
2) you can edit the size really easy...get the picture up on the screen....right click the picture and click edit.....there will be 4 or 5 choices on the top left (should be)
3)click image and then click stretch and skew.....
4)when the next screen comes up you can change the 100% values on each to any value you want....a good place to start is w/60% in both of the boxes for stretch.....click save.....

now you can go to the desired web site and start a new post or add too a current one.....

lets just use 3-dshoots.com for a second....

Click start a new thread in the section you want the pics in....now the screen comes up where you type in what you want to say....this part you know how to do....

you can put words in there if you want...... before you click post reply, you need to scroll down a little bit to where you see additional options, its right under the submit reply or preview post.....

you will see a box that you can click that says manage attachments, click on that....

a new window will pop up and it will have near the top a open box that says "upload file from your computer" above it in small print

next to that are 2 boxes that say, browse, then the next says upload.....

click browse and go get your pic from the file that is saved in your computer, double click the picture you want to post...

it will show up in the upload file from your computer box, now click upload.....it will show you some little green uploading box, wait till it is done loading, you may need to resize again if its still too big.....if not go to the next step.....

there will be a place that says attachments.....now click close this window....now go ahead and click submit reply.....it will post your reply and your pics.....

it sounds like alot but really after you do it 2 times you going to say wow this is easy....

I really hope this helps.....and I promise it looks like alot to do but when you got your first bow, gun, car, chainsaw, or atv, it looked like alot of things to remember right?? well after you did it a couple of times it was like second nature.....
!!!!!!!my baby!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby-g 4 (Large).jpg (57.8 KB, 46 views)

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
FBSA-MEMBER
Old 04-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #8
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Well I'm trying to see your baby but some joker hung a PSE in the way!

hehehe j/k dude. awesome bow
Old 04-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

OUCH...........wrist biter.

J/K nice Baby G there kbo.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Acctually I shot a Baby G in the Blue lightning color they had a few years ago and I think I only got myself 1 time in the 1.5 years I shot it.....

good form can tame the beast, any beast....

that an a STS.....