Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 05-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default First field score, blech!

Well, it wasn't totally horrible. I shot the first 14 with my back tension and the second 14 with the Just Cuz.
First 14, 257
Second 14, 268

After shooting the second half, I went back to shooting the back tension to try to figure out what I was doing wrong and I did.
I proceeded to pound a group with 10 arrow at 40 yards that I thought was very good. Any tighter and nocks would be breaking.

I found out that if I didn't pay attention to the angle of the back tension release in my hand then I would get flyers that would go left. By rotating my hand a bit more and keeping the back of my hand against my face, the flyers "almost" totally disappeared. I still would occasionally cheat the release and would get a left shot, but that is normal. It reminds you, don't cheat it.

It will be interesting to shoot another round with the back tension.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well, it wasn't totally horrible. I shot the first 14 with my back tension and the second 14 with the Just Cuz.
First 14, 257
Second 14, 268

After shooting the second half, I went back to shooting the back tension to try to figure out what I was doing wrong and I did.
I proceeded to pound a group with 10 arrow at 40 yards that I thought was very good. Any tighter and nocks would be breaking.

I found out that if I didn't pay attention to the angle of the back tension release in my hand then I would get flyers that would go left. By rotating my hand a bit more and keeping the back of my hand against my face, the flyers "almost" totally disappeared. I still would occasionally cheat the release and would get a left shot, but that is normal. It reminds you, don't cheat it.

Hummmm..... I still have not had the 'nuts' to shoot my Solution 3 in 'backtension' mode.

Oh, Chris, the Carter large knurned trigger does in fact worh with the Solution 3. We had that conversation a while ago and I never did get back to you on that. I bought one and tried it and it works great.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
First 14, 257
Second 14, 268

I was having the same problem one night shooting indoors.....all of a sudden my shots were high, low, left, right.......then I relized I wasnt keeping the back of my hand against my face.....so in turn I wasnt repeating my anchor....went back to holding against my face.....started hitting X's again....
Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
Str8 Shooter

Str8 Shooter is on a distinguished road
Default Shot My first field

I Shot my first field shoot today and I had a blast Shot 263 first half and a 265 second half. They are awesome if you have the chance to shoot won do it. A friend talked me into tagging along and now I can't wait to shoot another one. Plus this was only the second time out with my A7 The first time being Sat at a 3d.

Thanks Chris for the A7 it is for sure a shooter.
Doinker__________________B Stinger
TAZ archery shooting Staff
Str8 Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote