Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough
Default Hoyt Man with Mathews Questions

I was looking for a Good bow for shooting indoor and outdoor spots with. I am looking into another ProElite or a ProTec but I have some questions about some mathews. Would the Ovation be a good bow for shooting spots? I know that the Apex is good and I have looked at some C3 and C4's but I searched the ovations and it seems you could probably get some a little cheaper. I don't know that much about mathews but just trying to keep the options open........Also is draw length changes on mathews a big deal or is it pretty resonable? Any help would be great

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road

you really that desperate?? LOL
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
Radar
Story of my life

just keepin an open mind

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I was looking for a Good bow for shooting indoor and outdoor spots with. I am looking into another ProElite or a ProTec but I have some questions about some mathews. Would the Ovation be a good bow for shooting spots? I know that the Apex is good and I have looked at some C3 and C4's but I searched the ovations and it seems you could probably get some a little cheaper. I don't know that much about mathews but just trying to keep the options open........Also is draw length changes on mathews a big deal or is it pretty resonable? Any help would be great
I picked up a very nice used Ovation from a seller on this site for indoor 5 spot and it's awsome. I'm not sure I'd shoot it for unknown yardage like 3D since it's a pretty slow bow, relatively speaking. It's rock solid and I don't regret for an instant picking it up. I 'normally' shoot Bowtech/Diamond. Goes to show you that you don't have to be brand loyal. Just shoot what feels comfortable. I love that Ovation.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #5
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I know a couple of people that love shooting the ovation for indoors. I've had many say it's the best indoor bow mathews every produced. Don't count it out, that's for sure.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Ovation is a great indoor bow.....very solid.....nice shooting bow....If you have at least a 28 inch draw you should be fine......

there are a bunch of guys on this site I beleive that are shooting ovations for indoor spots......
Old 05-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
Radar
Story of my life

I am a 30" Draw. I was really considering the ovation but it seems all the ones I find are 70# with a 27 or 28" draw. Not in any big hurry right now just trying to look ahead. Plus maybe use it for field league........ not sure....... I would still like to find a Protec or a ProElite like my other one. I figured get something close to what I am shooting for 3D's and am very comfortable with. But Like I said before........trying to keep an open mind

Old 05-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am a 30" Draw. I was really considering the ovation but it seems all the ones I find are 70# with a 27 or 28" draw. Not in any big hurry right now just trying to look ahead. Plus maybe use it for field league........ not sure....... I would still like to find a Protec or a ProElite like my other one. I figured get something close to what I am shooting for 3D's and am very comfortable with. But Like I said before........trying to keep an open mind
You said it right. Keep an open mind. There are a lot of really nice shooting bows out there. I'm finding that out and I am really humbled by what the manufacturers have these days.

Another really nice bow for target is the Bowtech Commander. Oh man it's a really nice shooter. It also seems to be quite a bit faster than the Ovation so it might be a good candidate for indoor and 3D and hunting (if you like the longer ATA). I just cannot justify forking up the cash for one.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

The Ovation is an awesome shooter especially for spots when you do not have to worry about speed.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:56 PM   #10
hitman846
Non Camper

hitman846 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I shoot an Ovation for spots and love it. I tried to shoot 3D with it, but I'm not that good at the yardage guessing game and it is just too slow.
hitman846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #11
Radar
Story of my life

Well I am not looking for speed, I have my Pro Elite Shooting fast enough, which is the bow that I shoot for 3D. I am just looking for a good 300 rnd/ Field bow.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:39 PM   #12
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well I am not looking for speed, I have my Pro Elite Shooting fast enough, which is the bow that I shoot for 3D. I am just looking for a good 300 rnd/ Field bow.
great 300 bow
Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #13
Radar
Story of my life

Ya I look at all the specs and say hey......that thing should be a nail driver. But that is the same thing that I thought about the Bowtech constitution that I bought for 3D and hated it. I never even shot a 3d with it and sold it.