Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
chelleo
Senior Member
 
chelleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Rafael, CA
Posts: 451
chelleo is on a distinguished road
Default Got my new arrows and...

Got my new overpriced Carbon Express Nano's and I have to say they are pretty nifty actually. My pro shop basically charged me what Lancaster does as no one else sells them. Got those cute little Bohning X-Vanes that are shield cut and they are just the cutest things you'd ever want to see. My fletching job I have to say was pretty perfect....they go on pretty nicely and I used the Goat Tuff stuff.

I'm using a new rest...the TT Spring Steel I and it works pretty nicely suprisingly so. What I find pretty interesting is that today when I finally had a chance to work on setting up the ole sure-loc again....grrrr, I was shooting a lot to the left. First I set my sure-loc as far left as I could go but to no avail, still shooting left. Well, hubby said move the rest...of course I was hesitant because the shop had set the rest at center shot. Well, ok listened to hubby, and guess what, BAM!!!! shooting like a crazy woman now. We got out the paper tuner and I was shooting bullet holes so I guess it was a good idea after all. This also goes to show that just cause the shop set something up to what looks good, you have to shoot shoot shoot and fix it for yourself. I did go up a pound in draw weight and at the end of today my elbow was hurting a bit hmmmm.
__________________
FBSA Member and Concierge
Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR
chelleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

I think their is an important lesson in there some where:

Always listen to your husband as Men are always right!
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
I think their is an important lesson in there some where:

Always listen to your husband as Men are always right!
thats not going to go over very well.....
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Jay Are
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,403
Jay Are will become famous soon enough
Default

Nanos? ---- The way that I shoot I would have to take out a second mortgage if I wanted to shoot those.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
MoBowman
Senior Member
 
MoBowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lee's Summit, Mo.
Posts: 595
MoBowman is on a distinguished road
Default

Nano's huh, just saw the price on em and thats about as long as I thought about paying for some of them, just a nano second.

One thing to keep in mind, setting the "center shot" is just a starting point, normally there will be slight adjustments that have to be made once you start shooting.
__________________
www.Missouriwhitetails.com
Trophy Rock Pro Staff
Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
chelleo
Senior Member
 
chelleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Rafael, CA
Posts: 451
chelleo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
Nano's huh, just saw the price on em and thats about as long as I thought about paying for some of them, just a nano second.

One thing to keep in mind, setting the "center shot" is just a starting point, normally there will be slight adjustments that have to be made once you start shooting.
I've certainly found that out with this set of arrows for sure. As for the men are always right drivel....that is all that is I love my hubby but it's pretty painful to have him right hehe...cause then I have to grovel a bit. Yes these are expensive but they are pretty great flyers I have to say. The spring steel rest is kinda neat too. I was kind of skeptical about it but it works very well. Does a very nice job of cleaning any stray bit of glue from the fletching job...
__________________
FBSA Member and Concierge
Hoyt UltraElite 25" 40#, Carter Fits Me Too, Shibuya Compound Sight & Black Eagle scope, TT Spring Steel I, Slingbraid Custom Bow Slings, Quick Stand Bowstand, Carbon Express Nano XR
chelleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Dredly
Site Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saylorsburg PA
Posts: 4,358
Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
I've certainly found that out with this set of arrows for sure. As for the men are always right drivel....that is all that is I love my hubby but it's pretty painful to have him right hehe...cause then I have to grovel a bit. Yes these are expensive but they are pretty great flyers I have to say. The spring steel rest is kinda neat too. I was kind of skeptical about it but it works very well. Does a very nice job of cleaning any stray bit of glue from the fletching job...
I think you're arrows cost more then my bow
__________________
No I'm not dead
Dredly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com