Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough
Default This Sucks!!!!!

So last night before our board meeting I was shooting my hunting bow and got it all dialed in with field points( so I can shoot some 3D's with it before hunting season). I did not have it in a case in my truck I just had it locked up to be legal. I pulled up to a stop sign, not braking hard or anything and I heard something fall........I look in the back seat and my bow is on the floor so I pick it up and set it back on the seat and when I get home and opened the back door of my truck I see that my hitch with the hitch pin is sitting on the floor right about where my bow landed. So I pick up my bow and take a look and wouldnt you know it my 20yd. pin is all bent to HE** and the fiber is broke off of it I was so mad I just grunted walked into the house put it on its rightful hook next to my bowpress and went back upstairs. There was no way I was gonna be able to fix it right then I probably would have thrown my sight out of anger for my own stupidity!!!!!!!! There I have vented and now I can move on. Maybe I will fix it in the morning

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I've had those days too. Just consider it bad luck and move on. It will get better.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Your right that does suck but you done the right thing. Calm down then if you cannot fix it right later you can always get another one. But if you get real PO'd at it you may do something drastic. So we are glad you vented on here and calmed down a little. I hope you can get it fixed correctly and everything turns out ok. GOOD LUCK

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
MO.HICK

MO.HICK is on a distinguished road

Last winter I was getting ready to go shoot a dart leauge. Opened my bowcase at home to shoot a little before I left like always. Shot my first arrow and something didn't look right. The fiber on my 20 yard pin was broke. Had to take it off and move my 30 yard pin up. Glad it did not do this during hunting season. Dont know how it broke. Just to say bad luck can come in all forms.

Mo.Hick
MO.HICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

Eventually everyone has a brain fart!

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
Sniper

Sniper is on a distinguished road

You knew better. This isn't the first time that bow went off the seat when you braked, I bet.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #7
VE6WTF

VE6WTF is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to VE6WTF

SEEE!!!!!

I may look like a retard when i put a seatbelt on my bow in the truck

But it helps!!!
VE6WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by VE6WTF View Post
SEEE!!!!!

I may look like a retard when i put a seatbelt on my bow in the truck

But it helps!!!
Yes you do.

Buy a bowcase.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #9
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
You knew better. This isn't the first time that bow went off the seat when you braked, I bet.
That's funny.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote