Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.
Default Witchy1 is Champ

Witchy1 is a WORLD CHAMPION!!!!

Witchy1 beat me by 1 point at the THE WORLD shoot, she received the 2nd place buckle for Advanced Women. In my eyes, she is #1. I believe Pinklady ended up 4th. Good shooting ladies! It was great to meet you!

The #1 spot was won by a woman Pro, which was not fair to us amateurs. Next year us Joe's will not have to compete against Pro's.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

congrats to all of you. Nice shooting!
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Witchy1

Witchy1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks JAG! Like you, I wasn't overly excited to go up against a pro. Shooting against the rest of the ladies was tough enough!!!! It was nice to finally meet you in person. I just wish we had had more time to chat.
Witchy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Hook Em
Slippy for President

Hook Em is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post

Witchy1 beat me by 1 point at the THE WORLD shoot, she received the 2nd place buckle for Advanced Women. In my eyes, she is #1. I believe Pinklady ended up 4th. Good shooting ladies! It was great to meet you!

The #1 spot was won by a woman Pro, which was not fair to us amateurs. Next year us Joe's will not have to compete against Pro's.
1 stinkin point! Good job Jag!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
MO.HICK

MO.HICK is on a distinguished road

Congrats to all of you Way to go Witchy1. Look forward to seeing you at next local 3-d shoot to get details.

Mo.Hick
MO.HICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

General Archery Forum Way to go girl. You represent Missouri well General Archery Forum
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
battman1

battman1 is on a distinguished road

Wow congrats nice shootin you all.
battman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
chelleo

chelleo is on a distinguished road

All right great job to all of you...
Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #9
J.A.G.

Thanks.. I think we all shot well considering the heat, humidity, mosquitoes and lack of any wind. Witchy1 and Pinklady are really nice, I hope those that haven't ever met them get to sometime too.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default I was there when that womans pro signed up

Quote:

She ask Jimmy Gould (tournament director)which class she should sign up in. He said womens advanced class as per Deermans rules. Now there was a intemediate class. Annette has never won a dime profit in archery. Actually she has spent way more than she will ever make. Dont blame here for playing by the rules. She has been shooting four years and is a certifiad instructer and gives back to archery in Oklahoma and would help anyone at anytime. She often shoots against the men classes. Im sure someone would have complighned if she won there as well. My thoughts she played by the rules and after talking with her today, she said sho most likely wont be back. Sad in todays women archery you would not support each other. Maybe she could be an inspiration to some here what can be achieved. She would be the last one to come post on the internet her winning. Annette would be the first to congradulate anyone of you women here. Garantee she wouldnt be talking about herself.
DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 07-23-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #11
J.A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
She ask Jimmy Gould (tournament director)which class she should sign up in. He said womens advanced class as per Deermans rules. Now there was a intemediate class. Annette has never won a dime profit in archery. Actually she has spent way more than she will ever make. Dont blame here for playing by the rules. She has been shooting four years and is a certifiad instructer and gives back to archery in Oklahoma and would help anyone at anytime. She often shoots against the men classes. Im sure someone would have complighned if she won there as well. My thoughts she played by the rules and after talking with her today, she said sho most likely wont be back. Sad in todays women archery you would not support each other. Maybe she could be an inspiration to some here what can be achieved. She would be the last one to come post on the internet her winning. Annette would be the first to congradulate anyone of you women here. Garantee she wouldnt be talking about herself.
DB
Nothing against her personally DB. many people talked to the THE officials and felt it wasnt right for pro's to compete against Joe's, but there is no class for it. Next year they are going to add a Pro class and it will be fair to everyone.. am glad that THE listens and tries to do the best they can..
When she goes and shoots against other pro's, you betcha we will all be pulling for her.. its just a whole different level from us amatuers.. and we DO support and promote other women... Witchy, Pinklady and I are all on the same skill level and all competed... I met them for the first time this weekend, I wasnt mad that Witchy1 beat me, I was proud of her.. and felt the disappointment of Pinklady's bad day.. we are all pulling for each other. No one here is bragging about themselves, we have congratulated each other..
Old 07-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
Hook Em
Slippy for President

I think the other archer's had the right to be disappointed or maybe a little mad that they had to compete against a pro. Sure there might not be a class for that pro to shoot, but then make a guest category until you can properly have a class for the pro's. If it is a bigger tourney they should accomodate all classes IMO. But to have to shoot against a pro as a joe speaks badly of the tournament, not of the shooter.

If I went to a shoot and they didn't have a proper class to put me in, I wouldn't come back and shoot it again either. Unless they made some changes...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 PM   #13
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Either there was some poor planning or not enough people wanted to shoot in the pro... was she the only pro there or were there others and the whole class just basically "sand bagged" the highest available class?

Regardless WELL DONE AND GREAT WORK ON THE 2ND PLACE!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #14
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Either there was some poor planning or not enough people wanted to shoot in the pro... was she the only pro there or were there others and the whole class just basically "sand bagged" the highest available class?

Regardless WELL DONE AND GREAT WORK ON THE 2ND PLACE!
the same thing happened at the R100......
Old 07-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #15
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
the same thing happened at the R100......
Smokes isn't a pro, quit whining
Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #16
Witchy1

Wow! I hope this doesn't brew into a big stink because I don't think anyone intended to stir the pot. We always run the risk of being misinterpreted when we post online like this. I for one did not and do not mean any disrespect to anyone when I express my opinions.

Like I said before, I wasn't overly excited to be shooting against what I was told was a pro shooter because I knew I would get my butt handed to me, along with the rest of us ladies that were there, but I also realized that if it wasn't against the rules then she had every right to be there. I wasn't mad about it, I just accepted it as it was. That doesn't mean I agreed with it though. There currently is no pro class for Deerman, although Jimmy told me that when it first began there was one but no pros shot it so they dropped the class which now leaves Deerman open to anyone in the current class set ups. He told me that it will be different next year. If more pros show an interest in Deerman, then I am happy for the organization. It might help it grow.

I have not met the first place shooter, but I have heard she is nice and it appears that she is an excellent shot. I don't believe that anyone intended to take anything away from her by sharing an opinion and offering congratulations to the other shooters. I always cheer on other shooters and have never bragged about my own shooting. I believe that we all do support each other without forfeiting the right to express an opinion every now and then.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #17
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Smokes isn't a pro, quit whining
thats not what I ment......
Old 07-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #18
Dredly
Site Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchy1 View Post
I always cheer on other shooters and have never bragged about my own shooting. I believe that we all do support each other without forfeiting the right to express an opinion every now and then.
Ummm... maybe you should start! GOOD SHOOTING!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 PM   #19
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks and good post

Quote:
Wow! I hope this doesn't brew into a big stink because I don't think anyone intended to stir the pot. We always run the risk of being misinterpreted when we post online like this. I for one did not and do not mean any disrespect to anyone when I express my opinions.

Like I said before, I wasn't overly excited to be shooting against what I was told was a pro shooter because I knew I would get my butt handed to me, along with the rest of us ladies that were there, but I also realized that if it wasn't against the rules then she had every right to be there. I wasn't mad about it, I just accepted it as it was. That doesn't mean I agreed with it though. There currently is no pro class for Deerman, although Jimmy told me that when it first began there was one but no pros shot it so they dropped the class which now leaves Deerman open to anyone in the current class set ups. He told me that it will be different next year. If more pros show an interest in Deerman, then I am happy for the organization. It might help it grow.

I have not met the first place shooter, but I have heard she is nice and it appears that she is an excellent shot. I don't believe that anyone intended to take anything away from her by sharing an opinion and offering congratulations to the other shooters. I always cheer on other shooters and have never bragged about my own shooting. I believe that we all do support each other without forfeiting the right to express an opinion every now and then.
We did approach Jimmy and make sure it was OK with him for her to shoot. Annette wouldnt have shot any other way. She would give anyone of you girls the shirt off her back, she just that good of a person. Im sure she wont shoot next year because she certianly wouldnt want to offend anyone at anytime. Annette understands how hard it is to compete on her level. We considered having her shoot in mens class, but I garantee they never like it when she wins, I dont.
DB
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #20
Witchy1

I don't think anyone is faulting her personally for shooting and if she is like most of the other shooters I've met, she would bend over backwards for another archer. As stated earlier, it's not an archer issue, it's a Deerman rules issue that Jimmy says will be addressed next year. He spoke to both JAG and I about it. I'm cool with that. I'm going out on a limb by speaking for JAG and PinkLady, but I think we might have all felt a little let down because we shot all three legs of the triple classic and our respective state championships and we were looking forward to competing against each other for the world championship title.

DB - you said that Deerman has an intermediate class. I am just looking for clarification from you. I assume that you were thinking that we could have shot that class instead? According to Deerman rules, all three of us (JAG, PinkLady, and I) broke the intermediate class score barrier and were required to move up to advanced so we didn't have a choice either. I can tell ya that we didn't come close to the intermediate max scores this weekend though!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #21
pink camo

pink camo is on a distinguished road

Awesome shooting Witchy1 and JAG!!

I would have felt the same way if I had to compete against a pro...probably a little disappointed and frustrated. I'm sure Annette was a little frustrated too! It would stink to be a pro and not have a class to shoot in when you show up to a shoot....It would make me not want to come back as well.

Let's see a picture of that belt buckle!!
pink camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #22
J.A.G.

Quote:

Ditto
Old 07-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #23
Witchy1

Thanks Pink Camo. I wouldn't normally show my own stuff but ask and you shall receive. Here is my Deerman State Championship buckle and the Deerman World buckle. I threw in the ASA State Championship buckle for giggles. Also, have to brag on my boy who won the Deerman World Championship in Traditional Cubs. He's only 11 but he looks a lot older. JAG, I can't be the only one posting pics....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buckles.jpg (38.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Ada OK 049.jpg (25.5 KB, 83 views)
Old 07-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
J.A.G.

Quote:
Thanks Pink Camo. I wouldn't normally show my own stuff but ask and you shall receive. Here is my Deerman State Championship buckle and the Deerman World buckle. I threw in the ASA State Championship buckle for giggles. Also, have to brag on my boy who won the Deerman World Championship in Traditional Cubs. He's only 11 but he looks a lot older. JAG, I can't be the only one posting pics....
It's great that you're family did so well! I didn't know you won the state ASA.. Congrats girl! That is quite an accomplishment!

ok, here are mine:
All are Deermans T.H.E..
World and TX are in advanced, OK are Intermediate.

World - 3rd
Tx state- 1st
Ok state-1st
Ok Triple classic - 1st
Ok NE Regional - 1st
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buckles.jpg (62.6 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #25
Hook Em
Slippy for President

you guys are studs! my buckle is plastic and came with my quiver
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #26
Hemingway

Hemingway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
Does it go "click" when you latch it?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:53 AM   #27
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
wouldnt they be STUD-ETS'
Old 07-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #28
J.A.G.

Quote:
Hook???? guy? studs?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #29
Hook Em
Slippy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
Does it go "click" when you latch it?
why yes it does....a nice crisp CLICK. And sorry, stud-ettes!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #30
pink camo

Wow....those buckles are beautiful!! Way to go girls!!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #31
J.A.G.

Pink.... thanks! you will have to try it next season, i know there will be some shoots in TX, and we'll be down for them!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #32
Hook Em
Slippy for President

Quote:
Pink.... thanks! you will have to try it next season, i know there will be some shoots in TX, and we'll be down for them!
we would love to (I was invited too right?)...can you come a little more South though!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #33
J.A.G.

Quote:
we would love to (I was invited too right?)...can you come a little more South though!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of Course.. can't have one without the other!!!
How far south are you? They will be getting some places and dates set pretty soon, and i will tell the new TX rep that you are interested.. Do you think others in your neck of the woods would be interested?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #34
pink camo

Oh sure...we have a bunch of people that shoot down here. We could get a big group together.