Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 08-31-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
PastrBob

PastrBob is on a distinguished road
Question PastrBob

Chris,
Can you tell me how to paper tune my bow, and what the advatages of paper tuning are?
PastrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
Jefro

Jefro is on a distinguished road

PastrBob-
do you have a way of setting up the paper to shoot thru it? If so make sure you have a good back stop. I usually start out shooting through the paper at about 3-5 yrds. I will make changes as needed, according to the tear. If the tear is okay, (slight tear, or no tear) I will move back to about 7-10 yrds. I will shoot through the paper at a couple of different yardages. Do you know what to do with the different tears? Let me know.
I only use paper tuning as a starting point. I get my rest ajusted and then I see how the arrows group. Paper tunign will tell you a lot about what your arrow is doing as it comes off the bow. It will also tell you if the arrow is spined right for your bow. The other thing it can tell you is if you are tourqing the bow. Bad hand placement or bad form will also show up on paper.
I don't know if I have helped you any, but feel free to ask more ?.
Jeff
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

PastrBob,

Jefro is right on the money. He is a great shooter and bow tuner. When he talks I listen. Kinda like the old EFhutton comercials.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:40 PM   #4
PastrBob

Default PastrBob

Jefro,
Thanks for responding. Nope! I've bowhunted for years, relying on what little knowledge that has been available. Ah, but now, cyber space!!!

I haven't the foggiest notion when it comes to tuning with paper. You asked whether or not I knew what to do if the paper tore in a certain way. I do not.

I just purchased a Parker Extreme Ultra-lite, and have been shooting it for about a month, now. I can group the arrows very well; however, they very often seem to be leaning in a direction from which I did not shoot. Is that an indication that finer tuning would help? If so, HELP!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:06 AM   #5
Jefro

Jefro is on a distinguished road

PastrBob-
try this site and let me know if it helps.
http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads/ click on tuning guide. If you have any questions, let me know. Good luck, Jeff
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:41 PM   #6
PastrBob

Smile PastrBob

Jefro Thanks! It's a lot of info, though, so I'll have to take my time.