Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
VE6WTF

VE6WTF is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to VE6WTF
Default Shotbow?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DHv38CL7N...elated&search=

I dunno about this product. Wouldnt those kind of things cause unessesary stress on your bow?

Same with the Airow gun?
VE6WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

I would say no. It doesn't take much lead shot to really weigh up.

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
Jay Are

Jay Are will become famous soon enough

Something like that will would help with my 3D scores!
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Wasn't this guy on here a while back looking for someone to manufacture them for him? I think the cost was pretty darn high though and the number of shots you'd have to take to equal out the cost of just buying a shotgun was insane. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to get used to and it wasn't removable so basically you're bow was for this and only this.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
MeanV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Wasn't this guy on here a while back looking for someone to manufacture them for him? I think the cost was pretty darn high though and the number of shots you'd have to take to equal out the cost of just buying a shotgun was insane. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to get used to and it wasn't removable so basically you're bow was for this and only this.
Not near as versatile as Bowtech's Airogun

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
poorman
And thats no lie !

poorman has a spectacular aura aboutpoorman has a spectacular aura about

I wouldnt mind shooting one, but I cant see buying one!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
MeanV2

I've shot the Bowtech Paintball attachment, that thing is a Blast.

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
Old 07-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #8
SinGin
Banned

SinGin is on a distinguished road

Sweet mother of Christmas, what will they think up next. On the other hand that would be pretty good for turkey hunting
SinGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
VE6WTF

VE6WTF is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to VE6WTF

I would love to try the airow gun .22 cal
VE6WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:30 AM   #10
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Didn't look like it has much power, about all it could do at twenty yards was break clay birds.

Besides who wants to pick up the little casing?

I ll stay with arrows.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
Designer 2

Of course I cannot be sure, but I either smell a shotbow market survey or an attempt to discredit a product that is not even being produced by anyone at this time.
It seems like an obvious assumption when you consider that 6 of the 7 people who posted on this thread all joined within the last 2 weeks.

Whether it's either case or not, let me give you some bullet points to consider;

*With a different load (not shown in the video) you can easily take out geese in flight with a 60 pound bow.

*The bow is extremely versitile. The shotbow tubular rest can be used to shoot carriers loaded with any size shot and special loads for large birds. It will take the archer 5 minutes to change-out the shot rest with one designed to shoot arrows. The tubular arrow rest does not need to be adjusted or tuned and is the safest because you would never have a defective arrow blow up on you during the shot. The tubular arrow rest also totally eliminates archers paradox.

*The shotbow that can go from shooting shot to shooting arrows is not expensive. The pricing in the worst case would be 2 bows for the price of 1-1/2.

*Shooting shot is very cheap when compared to shooting arrows for the same purpose (clay targets or bird hunting). When you shoot an arrow at a bird, you have the potential of losing up to $10 worth of arrow every shot. With the shot bow, you will loose any where from 1-1/2 cents worth of shot to 50 cents worth of what makes up the load for flying birds.

One thing I will say and that is that the shotbow is a real challenge to instinctively shoot at a flying target and a heck of a lot of fun in the "off season".
Old 07-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer 2 View Post
Of course I cannot be sure, but I either smell a shotbow market survey or an attempt to discredit a product that is not even being produced by anyone at this time.
It seems like an obvious assumption when you consider that 6 of the 7 people who posted on this thread all joined within the last 2 weeks.

Whether it's either case or not, let me give you some bullet points to consider;

*With a different load (not shown in the video) you can easily take out geese in flight with a 60 pound bow.

*The bow is extremely versitile. The shotbow tubular rest can be used to shoot carriers loaded with any size shot and special loads for large birds. It will take the archer 5 minutes to change-out the shot rest with one designed to shoot arrows. The tubular arrow rest does not need to be adjusted or tuned and is the safest because you would never have a defective arrow blow up on you during the shot. The tubular arrow rest also totally eliminates archers paradox.

*The shotbow that can go from shooting shot to shooting arrows is not expensive. The pricing in the worst case would be 2 bows for the price of 1-1/2.

*Shooting shot is very cheap when compared to shooting arrows for the same purpose (clay targets or bird hunting). When you shoot an arrow at a bird, you have the potential of losing up to $10 worth of arrow every shot. With the shot bow, you will loose any where from 1-1/2 cents worth of shot to 50 cents worth of what makes up the load for flying birds.

One thing I will say and that is that the shotbow is a real challenge to instinctively shoot at a flying target and a heck of a lot of fun in the "off season".
Actually I was repeating what I said before about this and adding the info you provided. Its a cool idea, I think it still needs work to get it into mainstream production and based on the part where you haven't gotten anyone to manufacture it yet i'd say I'm right
Old 07-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #13
xxSPOTTSxx
"THE REALITY CHECK"

xxSPOTTSxx is on a distinguished road

Its a neat concept. But Archery doesnt need it to grow. Archery needs the organizations already instilled to make it grow. The Offseason is already full for alot of us 3-D,Field,Indoor leagues. Just my .02
xxSPOTTSxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #14
Designer 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSPOTTSxx View Post
Its a neat concept. But Archery doesnt need it to grow. Archery needs the organizations already instilled to make it grow. The Offseason is already full for alot of us 3-D,Field,Indoor leagues. Just my .02

Thanks. But, I did not say it is needed to make archery grow, I said it will help to make it grow. There are many articles I have read where it was stated that 3D and target archery in general is losing popularity. Personally, for me to attend a shoot, I would have to drive at least 40-50 miles. That is a negative in itself to most people. Fred Bear (God rest his sole) had tried many years ago to help to make archery grow by the ad campaign, "be a 2 season hunter". PSE tried the "Starrs" program. Both to no avail. Archery is still the same size it was 15 years ago. IMO, that's sad.

You sad the offseason is already full for alot of you. Well considering that if you added up all the people in all the archery forums, that only adds up to about 2% of the total people that shoot a bow in this country alone. That is not a big representation.

Because the shotbow does not need nearly as much property as a 3D course, it only makes sense (to me) that it would be easier to set up places to shoot
that are more convenient to many more people looking for fun and challenging things to do in the outdoors. Thanks again.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Seems more like a conversation piece than a hunting tool...

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #16
Designer 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
Seems more like a conversation piece than a hunting tool...

Ron
Why do you say that?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:10 AM   #17
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Too much energy spread out over a large area. I can't imagine that thing killing anything.

Just my 2 cents.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #18
Designer 2

Did you watch the entire video? It is for trap shooting (clay pigeons).
As far as hunting with it goes, it will take out a goose in flight with a different load from a 60 pound bow (not shot) (not shown in video).
As far as hunting with a load of shot, the biggest thing that it is effective on are Doves. It works well for that but it's tough and rewarding at the same time.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #19
beenfarr

beenfarr is on a distinguished road

I think it would be fun to hunt squirrels with if it was powerful enough for a humane kill.

Ben

FBSA Member
beenfarr is offline   Reply With Quote