Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Free Classifieds - Used Archery Equipment > Bows for sale or trade > Mathews Bows for Sale or Trade

Old 02-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
jack

jack is on a distinguished road
Smile Wanted: Mathews Switchback, Legacy, Lx

hello, i am looking for a bow listed above in good condition and preferably loaded. i am still in high school and I have never owned a bow before. i have about 500 to spend. email me with info and pics. jlanig@juno.com
thanks, jared
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

What draw length and weight would you prefer, have a dealer freind who has his lx, used two seasons let me know mesurements and I will check it out, beleive it is 28.5 or 29 and 50-60lbs but dont quote me on it, have you ever been fitted for a bow?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
jack

Default lx

No, i have never been fitted for a bow. matter a fact i have never owned a bow. shot a neighbors a few and went hunting a couple but never shot anything but got addicted.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:13 PM   #4
jack

Default me

im think im looking for something in the 27.5 to 29.5 range. and 70#. i should be able to get one very good set up for around what price? the 500 is just a number that i could possibly spend but it would have to be one heck of a bow.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:28 AM   #5
Ol'Dad

Ol'Dad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ol'Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack
im think im looking for something in the 27.5 to 29.5 range. and 70#. i should be able to get one very good set up for around what price? the 500 is just a number that i could possibly spend but it would have to be one heck of a bow.
Jack,
You should go to a shop and find out what your draw length is.Then I would suggest you look on www.archerytalk.com at their classified section.I think if you watch the list you should be able to get what you're looking for around $350......But first go get measured for >>draw length<<VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Brandon

28.5" 60/70
F.O.C.: http://www.goldtip.com/calculators/foc.asp
K.E : http://home.att.net/~sajackson/ballistics.html
Ol'Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Thumbs down Archerytalk.com

Archerytalk.com, hahahahahaha if you can ever get on there sure you might find a deal but just try getting on there a few times and you will be as ticked off as the rest of us are and thats part of the reason there are so many new faces all of a sudden.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
dzingale

dzingale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN
Archerytalk.com, hahahahahaha if you can ever get on there sure you might find a deal but just try getting on there a few times and you will be as ticked off as the rest of us are and thats part of the reason there are so many new faces all of a sudden.
Archerytalk.com is up and running.
dzingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:39 PM   #8
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Well I stand corrected it is up but w/what it has been doing the last couple of weeks I would like to see how long it stays working for.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 PM   #9
jack

Default It works

But i havent been able to find anything im interested in for a resonable price. i would really like an LX but i can tfind one. jared
Old 02-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

the bow my buddy has is an lx 50-60lbs 28&1/2 inch. Has a trophy ridge dropzone on it. He wants $350 not bad w/$100 arrow rest. I will not post this bow in classifieds until you decide. Let me know if you would like to see pics. Can get the pics next week. He is going to a trade show friday and monday So he wont be back until wed. Let me know, send me a pm.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #11
Darrel

Darrel is on a distinguished road

This has already been said, but its worth saying again.... Go to a shop and get measured for a bow before you buy anything. Mathews cams are draw length specific, and if you get the wrong draw length you will have to buy another cam. I can't tell you how many people I have seen that have bought used bows that don't fit. Many of them are in shock when you tell them that the $200 bow, that they just bought, will need new cams to get the draw length right ($50-100), a new string to fit the cams ($50+), and on some bows changing the cams will also change the draw weight so they may need new limbs ($100-200). So make sure you know what you need before you buy it. Another thing to consider is the draw length on some brands run a little long or a little short depending on the year and brand.

I always suggest that any buyer take the time to shoot as many different bows as you can to find what fits you the best. Then start searching for that bow.

One last thing; since you have very limited archery experience, you might want to consider buying for a local shop. Unless you have knowledgeable friends that can help you set the bow up and teach you correct shooting form, you will have to go to your local shop for help. Most shops will not charge to set-up equipment that is bought form them and many will give you free range time and teach you how to shoot correctly. Now, if you go into the shop and have them spend the time to measure you, etc... then come in a few weeks later with a used bow, you will pay for everything......

Darrel.

True Spot Scopes
Coffey Marketing
WindStalker Cable Guard
VaneTec vanes
Prostring custom bow strings
Darrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #12
jack

Default yes i agrew

i did go to a shop today adn learned alot. i am a 29, 29.5 can easily pull a 70#many times and learned there are hundreds of good bows to choose from. thanks jlanig
Old 03-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #13
hattrick_curt

Default Measuring

Get a yard stick. someone place the yard strickin center of chest. Put both arms out and measure to the tips of your fingers. If your big chested add one inch. This will give you the draw you will need.