Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
All in favor of Bowtech

All in favor of Bowtech is on a distinguished road
Default Doesnt look two full of life.

How many people are on this archery forum?
All in favor of Bowtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #2
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

Still a fairly new site but there are already over 1300 registered members. As the word gets out it will grow and grow.

MoBowman ```----------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
XT4ME

XT4ME is on a distinguished road

not many talk much though
Dead Nuts Hunter 5-pin
Carter Solution 3
XT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
srcarlso

srcarlso is on a distinguished road
Default Idle Chatter

I guess I am more of the technical geek type (Engineer by trade) - not that I don't like to socialize but for now, I am still feeling everyone out. I really try hard not to get involved in gossip or bashing and will stay out of those threads completely - both here and at AT.

Carter Releases .... Shoot The Best!

Vortex Optics

Hoyt Pro-Elite
Hoyt Ultratec

Sureloc Supreme Sight
Sureloc Scope w/0.5 and 0.6 diopters
Doinker 32" Elite Series Stabilizer
Carbon Express X-Jammers - Spot
Easton Fatboy 400 - 3D

Glory Be To The Lord
srcarlso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Rate of growth is exponential. The fact that we now have some active members like those above is helping. It's called viral marketing because it continues to grow. The more people join and like what the see, the more they tell others.

We have features that can't be found elsewhere with more to come shortly.

I personally would like to thank all the active members for participating in the forum and we surely welcome all the new members.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
Darrel

Darrel is on a distinguished road

I am here.... I may not post a lot, But I am here every day.

Darrel

True Spot Scopes
Coffey Marketing
WindStalker Cable Guard
VaneTec vanes
Prostring custom bow strings
Darrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #7
Mad-Man

Mad-Man is on a distinguished road

Im here too. Site is a little slower paced then what im used to, but its a good site. And the help and personal attention to the users by Chris is unmatched. Good job guys.
STS Front Mount
Winners Choice Strings And Cables
MD Custom Bow Slings
Fletcher True Peep 1/4
Muzzy 100 Grain 3 Blade
Mad-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
XT4ME

Thumbs up

Chris and Darrel have become my go to guys since its like im starting all over. I bet when they see my name they turn red and there blood preassure shoots way up but they help alot and I am making really good progress but always learning as I go
Dead Nuts Hunter 5-pin
Carter Solution 3
Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 PM   #9
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

XT4ME, My blood pressure goes up when I see you have posted somewere that I did too, I mean you Mathews guys are everywere!!!!

All in Favor of Bowtech,
I think it is getting better everyday. When I first got here I can remember only seeing a new topic every few days. Now a few times a day there are new things that people want to talk about. Why do you ask??? Is it because we dont ask what everyone thinks of Bowtech everyother post??

Chris and others,
I do enjoy seeing the multiple page threads, seems as people are staying interested and seems as though these longer threads are keeping peoples attention even if they get a little crazy about them, once in a while.

Frank,
I dont even know what to say, you still dont have that bow???? If you dont get it soon I am going to start wineing.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
XT4ME

Bowman I am glad to be feeling the love and I Hope Frank gets his bow soon too because I wanna here him start complaining about how much arrows are . As far as the big 3 debate im gonna put my switchback up and go back to my 1912 model proline point blank ( the new wave) so I dont step on any toes . But back to the subject if we can get more people in here reading more topics then we will get more members because....... Opinions are like boogers everybody has them whether they share them or not
Dead Nuts Hunter 5-pin
Carter Solution 3
Old 03-15-2006, 05:19 AM   #11
joekidd

joekidd is on a distinguished road

I've been here awhile. I don't post a ton, but I'm here everyday.
Someone has to watch over the mutants
Old 03-15-2006, 05:20 AM   #12
HoytShooter88

HoytShooter88 is on a distinguished road

The site seems to be growing...I am another who might not post everyday but I stop in a lot during the day...
HoytShooter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:45 AM   #13
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Here everyday

I am here everyday also. Usually whining that I have not recieved my SB XT yet. I love the personal feeling I get here. On other forums I'm a small fish in a big lake. Here it is different I'm a big fish and not just because I am 6' 260#. Chris is the toppppsss he is very information and goes out of his way to help us get real answers and I appreciate this very much.

XT4ME and Bowman thank you for caring even if it is just so I can start destroying some arrows.

This place is growing fast just not alot of talkers here, but thats ok Bowman and myself can argue arrow rests all day long. Right Buddy. I cannot help it if the WB sales are going through the roof its just a common fact my friend. You better buy a couple before they decide you are not worthy.

I would like to say to everyone that is here to just pick an archery topic and run with it. Its so easy and you may find a friend that lives very close to you right here.

Frank

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #14
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Opinions are like boogers???? That is funny!!!

Hey Frank have you thought about sending a pic of your self to mathews w/a note that tells who you and what you are waiting for, bet that would kick them into high gear

XT4ME, A Proline???? What???? now that would classify as crazy talk and you should be banned just for thinking it.

Chris is really a good guy and he tries real hard to make us happy. The rif raf is being kept to a minemum, Except for me that is.

I think that most of the trouble makers see that we are all good guys here and tend to leave when they see we dont take no crap.

After all this is a place OF archers FOR archers, RIGHT??
Old 03-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #15
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

By the way ALL in Favor of Botech, you have how many posts (4) and you are complaining about no life here. Seems as though maybe you are the quite one. Maybe you should start some usefull threads and business might just pick up
Old 03-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #16
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default It doesn't look to full of life?

Wow,this guy doesn't know me very well does he?
I speak my mind thoroughly enough.Ask Chris...I'm full of life.and other things as well at times.
Hey Madman what the heck is that Icon your sporting?
It looks like either something I shot at last fall after eating some little bluish wild mushrooms.
I think I might have possibly killed it,and I know I wounded it for sure.
I am glad that this site.3dshoots.com is the way it is right now,actually.
I think there is alot of archers who are on here who have the knowledge and the answers to alot of issues and questions that pertain to Archery....
I do know that Chris has all the modern day wisdom of almost everything that is in archery.If I had any real delema or crisis,he is the man who knows how to resolve it/or can find a way to usually.
This thread is a good way of finding out who really is on here..posting. isn't it?
It is not that he asked a question that wasn't useful or businesslike at all.He maybe has a veiw of this site being boring?
Did I ever tell you the one about....

3dshoots is for 3dshooters and all archers who want or need anything in archery.
Let face it You can get everything and anything for archery here really.
There is not one here who doesn't take it seriously perhaps either,or trying.
I still don't know why I haven't been kicked off here for not being serious at times,Lord Knows I have tryed my hardest.... too.
I can really loose it for no reason at all on occasions about archery.I figure that one out I will let ya all know.
Well any advice would greatly be appreciated on how to make this a better site.
Let us know.
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #17
XT4ME

Yeah a proline all the man said I had to do to shoot spots was clear the roof. so as long as we shoot in barns I will be alright. Nah I have killed alot of....um...time with that bow I got kinda attached to it I know its still somewhere around here maybe. It was the last bow I shot and it was fairly new then if that tells you how long its been.
Dead Nuts Hunter 5-pin
Carter Solution 3
Old 03-17-2006, 03:14 PM   #18
MCOrlando
Banned

MCOrlando is on a distinguished road

I think I'll be a regular. I've been reading GlockTalk regularly for years and mostly keep comments to myself unless I have something helpful to say. Since I've now been shooting archery for a long 14 days, I think I have much more to learn than to say, so don't expect to read much from me other than in the form of questions.

I do however like to make things and have been making my own gun holsters for years. I have an inventory of about 40 and hope to start selling on e-bay some day when I get up the courage to try. Now I have started making my own archery targets. I made an arm guard and tried a glove but wasn't happy with it. I bought a Morrell target when I got my bow which is great, but a little small. Since then I have built several side panels to catch strays, and now a 36" target. I painted the offical bulls eye target on it. So, that may be something I can talk about sometimes.

In any event, so far I am crazy about the forum and appreciate the source of information.
MCOrlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #19
Mad-Man

Mad-Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCOrlando
I think I'll be a regular. I've been reading GlockTalk regularly for years and mostly keep comments to myself unless I have something helpful to say. Since I've now been shooting archery for a long 14 days, I think I have much more to learn than to say, so don't expect to read much from me other than in the form of questions.

I do however like to make things and have been making my own gun holsters for years. I have an inventory of about 40 and hope to start selling on e-bay some day when I get up the courage to try. Now I have started making my own archery targets. I made an arm guard and tried a glove but wasn't happy with it. I bought a Morrell target when I got my bow which is great, but a little small. Since then I have built several side panels to catch strays, and now a 36" target. I painted the offical bulls eye target on it. So, that may be something I can talk about sometimes.

In any event, so far I am crazy about the forum and appreciate the source of information.
Hey McOrlando I also collect guns. I got a Glock .22 40 cal, what do you make your holsters out of?
STS Front Mount
Winners Choice Strings And Cables
MD Custom Bow Slings
Fletcher True Peep 1/4
Muzzy 100 Grain 3 Blade
Mad-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #20
MCOrlando
Banned

Mad-Man.
They are leather. I buy most from Tandy although I found a sharkskin on the internet. My favorite style fits between your belt and your pants. It's very low profile under a loose shirt. It's a modified idea from a Galco I bought.

I posted pictures on GlockTalk several months ago, but can't remember how I did it. I'll look into that and see if I can post some here.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:05 PM   #21
MCOrlando
Banned

Mad-Man. Let's see if this works

General Archery Forum
Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 AM   #22
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Man looks good

Mcorlando it looks like you really like what ya do. Those holsters look great, Obviosly you have patience that I don't posses. by the way
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #23
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default hey...

Look.... guns on a archery site?
That livens thing up a bit don't it.
I got rid of all the guns along time ago,just shoot my bow,I love it.
There are times which I wish I had one still when I see a absolute monster out of bowrange...at 50 yards.
I got a proposition for the holster guy.
I want a quiver that can hold a huge can of pepper spray and a cattleprod.I figured out how to win in all these competitions/tounaments I am in,it just takes the right equipment....
Do you think you could make me a quiver that will hold these items?
Ha,ha.
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #24
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Default All I can say is "WHAT?"

What was that all about???? still scratching my head
Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #25
MCOrlando
Banned

Guns on an archery site??
Yeah, being a "new Junior" member I wondered if that was crossing a line, but someone asks for more details and a picture is the best description.
Now that I have fallen under the spell of the bow however, quivers seem to be the next logical step to make. Unfortunatly, they take larger pieces of leather than holsters, so they will cost me much more money.

Now Glenny, as for your special request, I would assume the cattle prod needs to mount down low so you can lift it discreetly and apply it from underneath. That would indicate a low slung belt quiver. The pepper spray might be better in a shoulder hung version. Then I could decorate it with bead work and mix in a few small mirrors. When the sun is out, you could use the mirrors to reflect the sun and perhaps not need the pepper spray.

Interesting ideas to work on.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #26
LABLEVENS

LABLEVENS is on a distinguished road

My two cents,I'm new to this site and the world of Archery.I'm a disable person and just started shooting a year ago.Archery has giving me a way to meet some great folks and particpate.I'm still learning about this sport and asking ? about my equipment.The folks here have been kind to anwser my ? not like the other site.If you are not in the click you get very little or no help.And they spend to much time bickering over themself and the equipment they uses.Were as here it has been a good place for help.Thanks Chris for the site.
LABLEVENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #27
two_shoes
YOU! Get in my belly!

two_shoes is on a distinguished road
Default I love this place!

I agree with LABLEVENS, you don't get flamed off the planet for having the wrong bow, or asking a few of the same/silly questions that have been answered more than once. This place feels safe and the people are concerned and genuinely compationate for thier fellow archer. I haven't posted on any of the other sites because I'm asking sincerely, not wanting a bunch of wise guy remarks. Don't get me wrong, I know there are great people on the other sites, just this one has some of the best!
'06 Mathews Apex 7
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10
two_shoes is offline   Reply With Quote