Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
FishinFreaks

FishinFreaks is on a distinguished road
Default Bowtech Allegiance vs. Mathews Switchback

I'm looking at the two of these bows. I'm going to buy one or the other (maybe a Tribute, too). I can't find anyone that's knowledgeable about both. They can tell me why their's is good, but I haven't been able to figure out which has an advantage over the others. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
FishinFreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinFreaks View Post
I'm looking at the two of these bows. I'm going to buy one or the other (maybe a Tribute, too). I can't find anyone that's knowledgeable about both. They can tell me why their's is good, but I haven't been able to figure out which has an advantage over the others. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum...
I've never shot an Allegence...but the switchback is a good solid shooter...I'm sure you'll get the answer you need though...

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:

welcome

did you shoot the both of them???

we cant help you at this point, its up to what feels best in your hand......
Old 08-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
FishinFreaks

Default Have shot all three

I have shot all three. They all three feel very nice. I am not quite a beginner, but I'm also not any more advanced than maybe novice or something.

What it comes down to for me is this: I like all three (Bowtech Allegiance and Tribute & Mathews Switchback). They all feel nice and pretty much the same pricing. What I'm looking for is information on why I would have a reason to buy one over the other.

Mathews claims their SoloCam is the best. Bowtech says their Binary Cam System is the newest and best. I'm kind of leaning toward the Bowtech's because their technology does seem newer, but I still haven't talked to anyone who knows both.

Thanks for weighing in.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
outdoorsman

outdoorsman is on a distinguished road

they both are very equal in performance, and quality so we cant tell you which one is better that is in the opinion... just like the old fords and chevrolets.... all in what feels best to you.... if you take in to consideration at a later date you will get more for a Mathews than anything else.... just look on ebay and see what holds value longer..... no one will be able to tell you matthews, bowtech or hoyt is better because in reality they are all pretty darn close .... i have had an XT and i sold it for a new vectrix (hoyt) why? because it felt better and that gives me the confidence to shoot better....
outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
FishinFreaks

Thanks, Outdoorsman. That actually does help. Now I just wish I could shoot them side by side...oh, well. I know for sure I'm getting a great bow with any choice.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #7
hduc2005

hduc2005 is on a distinguished road

I love my switchback XT but shoot both of them and YOU choose because your paying for it and shooting it so pick what you like
hduc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
SA hunter

SA hunter is on a distinguished road

Hey I know its a off topic bow but the Iron Mace realy I find on a personel level satisfactory.
Tru glo micro ajust
347fps
SA hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
FishinFreaks

Default Made a choice

Bought a Bowtech Guardian. Started thinking to myself, "The brand new Guardian is only $20 more than the Allegiance or Tribute, so why not get the newest model and technology?" So I did it. No looking back now!!

Bring on the bucks.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 AM   #10
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bought a Bowtech Guardian. Started thinking to myself, "The brand new Guardian is only $20 more than the Allegiance or Tribute, so why not get the newest model and technology?" So I did it. No looking back now!!

Bring on the bucks.
I would have done the same thing.
I have an '06 Allegiance, which was the the best sooting bow for me when I bought it. The Guardian is better, but I cannot justify getting that since my Allegiance shoots so well for me. You'll like the Guardian.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:44 AM   #11
Huya

Huya is on a distinguished road

Just a little comparison that may help you decide. The Bowtech Allegiance is 1/4 inch shorter A to A It weighs les at 3.8 compared to the 4.25 of the switchback. The speeds are very similiar if you keep the smooth mods on the allegiane at 315 to 325 but you can put speed mods on the allegiance to up it to 327-335. both have the same let offs at 65 to 80 percent. Now the Drenalin is more the same weight as the Allegiance so you may want to look at that bow also. And I have shot all three feeling that all are very excellant bows but the allegiance was a slight bit smoother to me and that might be because of the weight. And that was just personaly preference. By the way I own the Guardian. And I bought it only after trying a lot of different bows. The best thing you can do is go to a shop and see if they will let you compare a few bows. I haven't found a shop yet that wouldn't if they thought they could make a sale. Good luck and you really can't go wrong with any of these choices.
Huya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #12
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huya View Post
Just a little comparison that may help you decide. The Bowtech Allegiance is 1/4 inch shorter A to A It weighs les at 3.8 compared to the 4.25 of the switchback. The speeds are very similiar if you keep the smooth mods on the allegiane at 315 to 325 but you can put speed mods on the allegiance to up it to 327-335. both have the same let offs at 65 to 80 percent. Now the Drenalin is more the same weight as the Allegiance so you may want to look at that bow also. And I have shot all three feeling that all are very excellant bows but the allegiance was a slight bit smoother to me and that might be because of the weight. And that was just personaly preference. By the way I own the Guardian. And I bought it only after trying a lot of different bows. The best thing you can do is go to a shop and see if they will let you compare a few bows. I haven't found a shop yet that wouldn't if they thought they could make a sale. Good luck and you really can't go wrong with any of these choices.
Yes, shoot as many bows as you can. There are a lot out there that are really nice in a lot of price points. The best thing you can do is buy what feels the best to you and don't focus on the numbers in the brochures or what your friends say are best. It's a personal decision on what bow to buy based on what your feel is.

Good luck...

Ron
Old 08-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee is on a distinguished road

Get a Tribute, I love mine

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html
Southernfryedyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #14
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylouie516 View Post

Good ta see ya rounfd NYL. God bless!

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Good ta see ya rounfd NYL. God bless!
THANKY SIR!

http://www.godscountryoutdoors.net
http://http://www.meanvarchery.com/home.html
Southernfryedyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylouie516 View Post
Why a Tribute because you love yours ? Why an Allegiance ? Why a Switchback or SB XT ?

I personally thought the SB XT was too heavy in the hand and it's grip was too thick in my opinion. I personally thought the Tribute was way too shaky and I did not think it was very forgiving, for me. I could not hold that bow on the vertical plane very well at all. The Allegiance for me was a good decision since it fit what I was looking for.

He should shoot as many as he can and decide based on how he feels with each one.

Ron

Last edited by Ronhop; 08-27-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #17
outdoorsman

outdoorsman is on a distinguished road

on 8-23 he bought the Guardian guys...... see above.... no need to tell him whats better anymore.....
outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote