Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 09-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Talking New Archery Shop coming to Rockford IL Area.

There is a new shop in the Rockford Area and should be open soon. The address is 8289W Burden Road in the old Fishers Appliance building at 251 and Forest Hills Road.

The shop is called Obsession Archery. There will be a multi-lane 20 yard indoor range, possibly video in the future. Current bow lines are Hoyt and Bowtech.

As stated above, the shop is not ready yet, construction is still underway. Hoping to be open by mid September.

There has never been a shop in the area like this one. Big, great lighting and products for every form of archery.

If you are in Northern IL/Southern WI and need a Hoyt or Bowtech product just call 815-877-1212.

Chris Christenson
President of Obsession Archery Inc.
and Owner of 3DShoots.com
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default Oh Yea_____

I have been doing alot of archery buying this year from 3dshoots.
I know that I also bought my first Hoyt last week from obsession archery,and can't wait till the doors open up to shoot the tar out of it.
Congratulations Buddy!
I wish everyone could know how wonderful of a releif it is to have someone actually take the time and show even a advanced archer.... like myself(ha) what a archery dealer does for his clientell.
I am estatic and you will know where you can find me at.
Funny how a custom doinker stabilizer order seemed to dwell into a fabulous relationship ...
If you haven't met or talked to Chris yet you surely don't know what your missing.
I am sure there will be more to say,I am virtually speachless,and mostly because that is due to happiness.
I need a tissue guys.
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #3
Sportsman

Sportsman is on a distinguished road
Default Congratulations Chris

And what a perfect location! I'm sure you will let us know when you open the doors. I can't wait
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #4
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Glen, you crack me up.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #5
arrow1b

arrow1b is on a distinguished road

Is there a date for the grand opening?
arrow1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
randallt3

randallt3 is on a distinguished road
Default Rockford Range

Yes, please do post when you are opening. I'll make the trip and drag along the whole family. Just received one of two bows for myself and will need rest/sights/release/arrows, for both. Can't think of a better way to say congratulations than buying new toys. Let us know!
randallt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #7
Chris
Administrator

We are making great progress on the store. I will keep everyone informed on a date. It's looking like two weeks yet. We are working as fast as we can. We will open before the shooting range is ready.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:14 AM   #8
glenny

Default It's getting closer...

Things are starting to come together,and it really is starting to look like something in there.
The place will be really nice when it is finally done.
I takes alot of work to start a archeryshop...
More than I ever amagined.
Chris thinks I am funny....
I just can't wait to just shoot in there.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:23 PM   #9
swede7

swede7 is on a distinguished road
Default this'll be nice!

Been out of archery a while, the last shop I spent considerable time in was the old Bow Rack at Forest Hills and Harlem, it'd be nice to get a shop that compares with the friendliness and expertise... see you at the opening!
swede7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #10
Chris
Administrator

Well, come h#ll or high water, we are going to open on Saturday 9/25. I don't know if we will have the range material or how much actual inventory will be there by then but we will be open.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:51 AM   #11
3D-Dummy

3D-Dummy is on a distinguished road

What will be your hours? Are you going to be opened during the week as well?
3D-Dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:32 AM   #12
Chris
Administrator

This is a full time shop. Tenative schedule is M-F 11-7, Sat 10-5, Sun 12-4. These are prime time fall hours. Summer hours will be slightly different.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:20 AM   #13
glenny

Default Today is the day

I hope alot of people show up to welcome the new shop to the area...
It will be nice to see some new things....
I will be there with a smile.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #14
Chris
Administrator

Stay tuned... more changes coming! We will update everyone when more information is available.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:06 AM   #15
Sportsman

Default Well how'd it go?

Is the range open yet? I know a guy who is working in the area from Michigan
and needs a place to shoot. Should I send him your way?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:18 AM   #16
Chris
Administrator

The range is not complete. We do have a roll around target that he can shoot at if he wants to come in. Sure send him by.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:48 PM   #17
Chris
Administrator

Another big announcement from should be coming tomorrow....
Sorry can't let the cat out of the bag just yet!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:36 AM   #18
Sportsman

Default It's tomorrow

Chris,
Turn the cat loose How long on the range?? Do you need a work party to get it done?? Do you carry steelhead rockets, my dad need some good mechanicals.... tonight?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:03 PM   #19
arrow1b

arrow1b is on a distinguished road

I know what that cat is, but I won't tell.

Last edited by arrow1b; 09-29-2004 at 02:07 PM.
arrow1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:48 PM   #20
3D-Dummy

3D-Dummy is on a distinguished road

Hey arrow1b---

Yeah, I think the word is out already. Maybe the cat will do an Ovation before we toss it Outback?
3D-Dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #21
Chris
Administrator

Yes the cat is out of the bag...

Obsession Archery now carries Hoyt, Bowtech and Mathews!

We offically have the Mathews dealership as of this afternoon.

Thanks everyone for your support. We will do our best to be the best shop in town. Oh wait, we are the only shop in town.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:17 PM   #22
Chris
Administrator

Oh, the range. I have material scheduled for delivery this weekend. If it comes in I will be busy working on it assuming we don't have a 100 deer hunters waiting until the last minute.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:01 AM   #23
Sportsman

Default Hey Matt

That's what I thought so I drove by Archery alley and no more Mathews sign. Must be in Chris's window.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:50 AM   #24
glenny

Default I checked it out,it's a nice sign

I shot mathews for about 5-6 years,had 5 of there bows.Got them from ArcheryAlley.
Archery Alley is now closed.
Obsession Archery is now the Mathews dealer and will have some in next week.
I wouldn't say bragging is due,I just know this dealer means business.
I also would like to comment on how busy this shop is already...
The range sould be done this weekend,and there is alot of inventory to go through.Stuff is a little unorganized and hectic with archery deer opener on friday.
We will try to accomidate everyone who walks in the door,I am trying my best to help chris out as well.
If you need your bow looked at or worked on,there might be a small wait in line but,as you know how archery alley was,here all will be taken care of and addressed.
Chris is used to being organized and able to handle anything,just that as you can see opening up a proshop the week of deerseason and getting the mathews line it make things a bit hectic.
If your looking for one of the best bows or anything for archery or bowhuntin' come in and see chris,if he don't have it he can get it for you,and the turnaround usually is painless.
Shooting range fees are 6 bucks I beleive,he has about 25 yards,a crono,a papertuner,and bags and a rollaround and a block,right now anyways.When we get this range done,it will be really nice,and I can't wait to shoot it to death.
Guess us archers needed this.
Good and safe hunting to everyone starting friday!
Don't forget to bring in your pictures for the buckboard,and any others you want to share on the picture boards.