Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road
Default Saved a deer last night!!

Were out looking for cars and came across a yearling whitetail doe who had her back leg cought up in a barbed wire fence, so i decide i need to help her out, after thinkin about what to do, i decided to go ahead and start cutting the wire, so got the cutters and headed out to the fence, deer was cought in the top 2 strands, looks like it jumped a bit short and its leg went in between the top 2 lines of wire, when the deer went over the fence, it twisted the wire in a x and pinched its leg about 8 inches above its hoof, as i was up their about 4 or so feet from the deer, which i might add wasnt happy with me being so close, she kinda pushed back away and then jumped forward, and the wire released its leg, didnt seem like it was hurt to bad, it just kinda gently troted off across the raod. was limping abit, but didnt have a broken leg or anything, It would have died their for sure without some one helping it im sure, anways i felt pretty good about the turnout, we both got away. i was somewhat worried about how bad she was going to kick the hoo ha out of me trying to help her, but it couldnt have gone any better!! I thought it was pretty cool!!
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote