Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > 3DShoots.com Smack Down League

Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about
Default I am out

Sorry to dissappoint all of you, but due to HOT, HUMID windy weather, vacation, sick kids and football, looks like I am just not going to get to shoot by tonight. I will be savin' all my good shots for next weeks scores (how many more weeks are we doing this?)

Hey Chelle, you gonna put BHH to the oak this week or what?
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
Sorry to dissappoint all of you, but due to HOT, HUMID windy weather, vacation, sick kids and football, looks like I am just not going to get to shoot by tonight. I will be savin' all my good shots for next weeks scores (how many more weeks are we doing this?)

I hear ya... Priorities/weather both combine to be fun police...

2 more weeks, this week and next and that's it.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I did struggle a little this week. But surely I can sit her down.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
I did struggle a little this week. But surely I can sit her down.
You are on a roll BHH, if you keep shootin' better than Chelle you will have to up your game and try and beat me
Old 09-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
I hear ya... Priorities/weather both combine to be fun police...

2 more weeks, this week and next and that's it.

Ron
i thought it was a 6 week league.....
Old 09-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #6
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
i thought it was a 6 week league.....
His running standings 'sheet' only has 5 weeks on it...

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #7
chelleo

chelleo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I didn't get a chance to shoot this week...grrrr we were at the range but I couldn't shoot the 20yd because my friend was shooting the recurve so I'm hoping to get one more chance at whooping bowhunterhoosier. I feel so disgraced this round...maybe he has a voodoo doll or something. I did do a pretty good round on my 70meter shooting the other day though. I did full fita 144 arrows 70m, 60, 50, and 30 starting around 7:30am and we left around noon. Lots of arrows in a fairly short period of time. Lucky the weather in San Francisco cooperated...sun stayed hidden and it was pretty comfy.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #8
Hook Em
Slippy for President

Hook Em is on a distinguished road

shouldn't there have been a sit down for week 3 by now?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
chelleo

Default Shootout of 9-13

I'm out this week as well, gotta get packed up and ready to go to Sacramento for a REAL tournament this weekend. Pacific Coast Championship and why you ask, well I'm a lunatic that's why. We have to redo some of my arrows, the pin nock adapters gotta be hot melted in on some. After our league night last night I shot the arrows and 3 nocks were still on my string so we gotta do some fixing. Probably a touch of glue to keep them on the nock adapter. Anyways, gotta pack and fix the arrows so not gonna have a chance to get the 5-spot done.

I figured that since I know a bunch of folks who are going to this tournament and they say it's alot of fun, why not go and give it a try. My FITA scores are just bout what the 2nd place gal did last year so I could have a chance but the experience is what I"m looking at for sure. We're going up Friday after work so we can stay overnight and I won't be totally wiped out. Practice is at 8am so still gotta get up really early to have foodies etc, but we're staying really close to the park where the shoot is so shouldn't be too bad.

I will get to meet some big wigs in the archery world too which will be kinda fun. Rick McKinney always goes to this shoot and if you don't know he's the one who "created" the McKinney arrows. Hey maybe I can get him to let me "test" some for compound shooters, never hear of anyone using them just the recurve folks

Well enough blabbing, just kind of excited about going on this little adventure and hopeing I can shoot decently. Keep your fingers crossed for me LOL.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
I'm out this week as well, gotta get packed up and ready to go to Sacramento for a REAL tournament this weekend. Pacific Coast Championship and why you ask, well I'm a lunatic that's why. We have to redo some of my arrows, the pin nock adapters gotta be hot melted in on some. After our league night last night I shot the arrows and 3 nocks were still on my string so we gotta do some fixing. Probably a touch of glue to keep them on the nock adapter. Anyways, gotta pack and fix the arrows so not gonna have a chance to get the 5-spot done.

I figured that since I know a bunch of folks who are going to this tournament and they say it's alot of fun, why not go and give it a try. My FITA scores are just bout what the 2nd place gal did last year so I could have a chance but the experience is what I"m looking at for sure. We're going up Friday after work so we can stay overnight and I won't be totally wiped out. Practice is at 8am so still gotta get up really early to have foodies etc, but we're staying really close to the park where the shoot is so shouldn't be too bad.

I will get to meet some big wigs in the archery world too which will be kinda fun. Rick McKinney always goes to this shoot and if you don't know he's the one who "created" the McKinney arrows. Hey maybe I can get him to let me "test" some for compound shooters, never hear of anyone using them just the recurve folks

Well enough blabbing, just kind of excited about going on this little adventure and hopeing I can shoot decently. Keep your fingers crossed for me LOL.
Have lots of fun and take some pictures for us. Sounds like a busy weekend.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #11
chelleo

Quote:
Have lots of fun and take some pictures for us. Sounds like a busy weekend.
Oh geez...thanks for the reminder....charge the camera batteries....and remember to take it. At least one good thing is we shoot in the shade under the trees...so it's pretty comfy...it's the hike out to those targets (bringing golf umbrella this time) that gets awful. It will be much less tireing than the last time we went to a shoot there. Saturday you shoot the 70m in the AM and after lunch the 60M then Sunday you do the 50m and 30m. The time I went we did the whole thing in one day.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #12
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
Oh geez...thanks for the reminder....charge the camera batteries....and remember to take it. At least one good thing is we shoot in the shade under the trees...so it's pretty comfy...it's the hike out to those targets (bringing golf umbrella this time) that gets awful. It will be much less tireing than the last time we went to a shoot there. Saturday you shoot the 70m in the AM and after lunch the 60M then Sunday you do the 50m and 30m. The time I went we did the whole thing in one day.
Have you been outside today? it is almost chilly here. Maybe your weekend will be nice and cool for ya. The weather usually isn't that much different from here to Sac.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
chelleo

Sacramento is supposed to be a high of 78 on sat and 83 on sunday...the day we were there it was 88 and it felt like a million to me since here in Marin the 70's and maybe some 80's on occasion. I would die if I had those really high temps all the time Wheels.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #14
Hook Em
Slippy for President

Hook Em is on a distinguished road

Good luck Chelleo and have a great time!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #15
chelleo

Thanks Hook...I'll need all the luck out there. I just have to keep doing the ole mantra....hold steady hold steady.....and I am really looking forward to having lots of fun. Maybe I'll even score well, hubby has the video camera too...oh lordy...but I'll get pics to post too.