Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 10-31-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
elktalker

elktalker is on a distinguished road
Default New Archery Club

I recently moved to florida and there are no clubs within 50 miles of me. I am thinking of starting one as I think there are plenty of archers in the area. I have no idea how to go about it. any advice??
elktalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default Starting a archery club

Having any luck?
We have a few around here,I would talk to originators and people who are affiliated with head positions at some of the good clubs you may find,as well to notify meetings and getting a staff started to raise funds and socially promote your new venture.
Alot of clubs even support one another regardless of what you might think.
As long as you are fifty miles away fromany club you should be in the good.

Last edited by glenny; 01-03-2005 at 09:46 PM.
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
hansel

hansel is on a distinguished road

Good Luck I'm a member of a club in South Florida, to be exact west palm beach, and we've just lost our land, and have not been able to find new property, so as of this past weekend that is our last 3-d shoot. The whole thing really stinks, because I just got back into bowhunting, and the 3-d was alot of fun. So, good luck in finding someone that will let you have some land to shoot on.
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
tnarcher

tnarcher is on a distinguished road

One suggestion I can think of is to see if the Corp of Engineers or the state wildlife agency has some land they will let you use. I belong to a club just outside of Nashville, TN. Our range is in the back part of a park that is owned by the Corp of Engineers. Another idea is see if you can find some land that is owned by an individial that is willing to lease it at a low price plus maybe up keep of the land.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
hansel

tnarcher
We've asked our county parks and recreation, water management officials, and nobody cares, our county provides outdoor activities from, water skiiing, horse back riding, soccer, baseball, you name it they have it, except archery.We even have mountian bike courses, we DON'T have mountians in FLORIDA
The big picture is land is to valiable in Palm Beach County,I'd like to see our State archery officials help out, I've talked with one of the other club member, and we are probably going to join Ft. Lauderdale's club, and just eat the gas for the drive, but diesel is getting pretty high priced down here.
Personally the whole thing STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #6
nuker

nuker is on a distinguished road

If you really love to shoot, and know anything about the sport, look up the local 4-H club. The kids always are in need of someone who is enthusiastic about the sport. There's no better way to get involved in a sport than to share it with the next generation. As a bonus, the kids in 4-H often times come from family backgrounds that can meet your needs as an adult archer, or more importantly, a hunter (land here in Florida is at an all time premium). Also, the 4-H clubs sometimes work hand in hand with boyscouts. Yet another avenue. You don't have to be anything great to be a help to the clubs, just be involved.
nuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
hansel

Since then I've moved to Georgia, not a problem anymore