Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
bigHUN

bigHUN is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Bowtech buyers-lovers shall read this:

Until I am aviating here in Ontario for Bowtech warranty repair, you guys may entertain with my story:
I have purchased one new, called “New 05” Old Glory” enf of January 06. The taped box arrived with the note that the seller “Anderson’s Archery” was taking pictures of the bow!?
I had a hard time to set and fine tune the bow and very shortly I found out with help of the closest bow shop (Wolfsden) that Bowtech released a product without final inspection, the riser and the limbs are twisted and can not be fine-tuned.
Emailed to “Andersons-seller” and also to Bowtech Tech Support and they just forward me to my local Dealer “North Sylva Co”.
Bowtech sent out the RA# and I left my Old Glory at “North Sylva” 05.March.06.
My local dealer was frustrated why he have to take care of the warranty inspection and repair if I didn’t bought the bow from them (imagine, price difference of about $500 will make my kids happy as well). Finally they toke the bow for inspection and sent it back to Bowtech.
It have been two months already and no other answers “call next week”. Finally one of the Bowtech managers answered to my email that they have shipped out the parts for my bow!!! What parts? My bow shall be back to factory as “North Sylva” informed me earlier!
So, without pointing out my finger, look like somebody want to make me pissed?
Today 19.May.06. I got my bow back in last second before Office closing, “North Sylva” claiming that all the repairs (limbs and pockets) have been done by Bowtech!!! Paid $45 as my share for shipping cost!
Got home, first look, same new bow, but the twisted riser is also the same.
I can say firm that nobody toke care of my complain as warranty is promised, and I wouldn’t be surprised also if the bow was seating in Dealers warehouse all the time.
I am just wondering how some of YOU archery fellows would behave at the end of this case, after four month (since January, remember) without bow and without money? I read/heard also that this my case is not the only one…
Thanks all of you guys for spending time with this my little story. Perhaps some of you buy a Bowtech…so, have fun. Especially you in Ontario.
Cheers!
bigHUN is offline   Reply With Quote