Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 06-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
jug2sheds

jug2sheds is on a distinguished road
Question Newbie - possible to get a recurve for $100?

Entirely new to archery --- my son just got started and I would like to to do it with him.

I am wondering if it is possible to get a starter recurve bow for about/under $100? If so, any recommendations. (As you can tell, I don't have a lot of geech to spend on this -- just looking for something to get me out there.)

Any feedback is appreciated.

cheers
jug2sheds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Used, you can get a decent one for $100. New, probably not something worth getting.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
jug2sheds

Default Used recurve bow for around $100 - recommendations?

Chris,

Thanks for the answer. Any recommendations on used bows that I might find in that range (or any to avoid).

cheers,
bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Used, you can get a decent one for $100. New, probably not something worth getting.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Buying used recurves online is risky. The problem is you never know if the limbs are twisted. The bow could be absolutely mint condition but if the limbs are twisted then it's junk.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
jug2sheds

Question Thoughts on the AIM Bullseye 66"

Chris:

Thanks again for your answer. Just one more question.

Went to the local archery shop and they don't carry used bows -- said that if they get any, the bows are usually in bad shape.

About the only recurve they carry is the AIM Bullseye 66" for $129. (They offer a lot of courses and use these for their classes.) I've seen it cheaper online, but would probably buy it from the shop (try to support the locals).

Question: do you know if this is a decent bow (for the price) or should I throw that $129 toward a bit better bow. Again, I am very new to this and don't have $3-400 to spend on a bow. Are there recurve bows for under $200that I might do better spending that $129 on?

Thanks again for any input.

cheers

Last edited by jug2sheds; 06-29-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
Chris
Administrator

The 66" AIM should be fine to get you started. It's not a lot of money and AIM makes a decent bow. Since the bow is 66" it should be a little easier to draw and aim with.